ADVERTISEMENT

Not good...hope it's not a sign of things to come...

F em. Hope the whole season blows up
The season may very well do just that...at some point you would think a HC would say, "those of you that want to maintain your scholarship status and play football, show up for practice...otherwise, we're going to go with who we've got." How long can you allow the tail to wag the dog?

Welp I’m glad I found something else to do besides watching sports . I have deleted all the sport news apps off my phone. I canceled espn plus about two months ago . If y’all weren’t entertaining I would be gone from here .
Celebrities and athletes are finding out quickly they aren’t nearly as important to people as they thought.

Celebrities and athletes are finding out quickly they aren’t nearly as important to people as they thought.

When them $$$$ amount start to fall for schools and owners . They will have to make some choices. I don’t mind peaceful protest on your own time but walking out is not cutting it.

and before anyone brings up what APD did , I didn’t agree with that .

The actual details mean nothing. Did you see the rioting and looting in Minny the other night after a black guy shot himself in the face? Even after the video and details were released, they still went out and destroyed areas of downtown.

All while the DNC says little to nothing. You can't finally condemn it now Joe, it doesn't work that way.

Kentucky football team walks out of practice in protest and in support of BLM...yet another threat to college football in 2020.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/8/27/21404584/kentucky-football-team-boycott-uk-wildcats-news
Great opportunity for the SEC to kick them to the curb.
Ne6dd.gif

Kentucky football team walks out of practice in protest and in support of BLM...yet another threat to college football in 2020.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/8/27/21404584/kentucky-football-team-boycott-uk-wildcats-news

If college athletes want to do this i will gladly not attend, watch something else and not buy college athletic gear.

I love UGA football but this is much bigger than college football. Our founding fathers didn't have college football. Entertainment is a luxury we have had but morals, integrity, principals and most importantly God are way more important than these young men blinded by the things of this world!

Am i the only one feeling this way?

I care more about not giving in to bullshit than a college football season

Same here and it is going to be funny to see these misguided young men and professional athlete realize just because your an athlete doesn't mean you get to run our lives.

College Athletes, pro athletes and celebrities are going to see we have had enough. The covid-19 has shown us we can survive without these things.

No surprise. The athletes are products of decades old leftist indoctrination program known as “public schools”.

Same here and it is going to be funny to see these misguided young men and professional athlete realize just because your an athlete doesn't mean you get to run our lives.

College Athletes, pro athletes and celebrities are going to see we have had enough. The covid-19 has shown us we can survive without these things.
Can we? I know I can but I quit season tix years ago and loathe modern tailgates with huge speakers and cornhole games. I can't stand even walking by the thump and seeing a cornhole game underway. However, a lot of people are worse than heroin addicts when it comes to football. I only go to a game or two a year because I just personally liked the scene much better pre-911 and pre-upper upper deck but people are hooked on it. It's easier to say I'm quitting than to actually quit. We'll see.

Call a team meeting. Tell the team that anyone who does not commit to coming to practice every day and honoring their scholarship contract should leave now because political or racial or social statements and demonstrations are only allowed on their free time.
If you do choose to walk out on this team, just keep walking because you will be removed from scholarship.

Reactions: atlanta cock#
Call a team meeting. Tell the team that anyone who does not commit to coming to practice every day and honoring their scholarship contract should leave now because political or racial or social statements and demonstrations are only allowed on their free time.
If you do choose to walk out on this team, just keep walking because you will be removed from scholarship.
But that's not what Stoops did. They get paid so much that they are going to coddle. I get it. I bet it's fun making millions doing what you like. I know those coaches put in a lot of hours for that money, FWIW, but all that money might make you think twice about making some moral stand.

Reactions: blackpug6
But that's not what Stoops did. They get paid so much that they are going to coddle. I get it. I bet it's fun making millions doing what you like. I know those coaches put in a lot of hours for that money, FWIW, but all that money might make you think twice about making some moral stand.
I agree that is why they don't do what I said do. They care more about that big$ than they do about standing for ANYTHING.
But I believe this is true
Those players are just children trying to see where the line is.
They know how good they have it. They know what damage they would do to their families if they acted foolish. Draw the line and stand by it and they will do right. The ones that don't are replaceable.

I agree that is why they don't do what I said do. They care more about that big$ than they do about standing for ANYTHING.
But I believe this is true
Those players are just children trying to see where the line is.
They know how good they have it. They know what damage they would do to their families if they acted foolish. Draw the line and stand by it and they will do right. The ones that don't are replaceable.
I don't disagree. I think half of the players probably went along because of peer pressure and they got out of practice. Sleep through the SJW meeting, hit the dorm, smoke some weed and play some video games in the AC.

Reactions: blackpug6
I don't disagree. I think half of the players probably went along because of peer pressure and they got out of practice. Sleep through the SJW meeting, hit the dorm, smoke some weed and play some video games in the AC.
Exactly ... but jumping off a building because of peer pressure and the perception of "cool" is a different matter. Not many will go there simply because they really know better. As I said, children looking for the line.

ADVERTISEMENT