ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure the SEC has been this down in a couple of decades

Saxondawg

Moderator but one of the nice ones.
May 29, 2001
Chamblee GA
www.robsuggs.com
Since its ascendency to the domination of college football over the last twenty years, I'm not sure there's been a season when nobody at all is impressive. It's a tribute to the credentials we've earned that UGA will still probably be ranked #1 this week, if by a lesser margin. It's a less shiny product we have, but it's still defined by what everyone feels it can be by November.

Alabama; LSU; Tennessee; Florida; A&M. All of these have lost already. Of the teams that stand any chance of the playoffs, UGA is the only SEC team that's 3-0. And the timing couldn't be any better. Tennessee has stood for months as everyone's choice for the greatest challenge. Yet UT looked lost tonight against a poor Gator team. Bama has played as many QBs as games, and with all that talent, there are issues all over the depth chart.

My thought is that home field advantage will loom larger than ever in a year like this, and for that reason, Tennessee still has to be taken seriously and Auburn, too. I think today, Sanford Stadium had a lot to do with what happened in the second half. Beck has been in these stadiums, but still, his composure is going to be a real key.

You might consider our challenges as First World Problems. It's annoying to have 3 points at halftime against South Carolina, but not nearly as annoying as BEING South Carolina. Or Tennessee. Or Florida. The winning streak continues, and we'd best enjoy it while it does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News