ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from Saturday

Dan McDonald

War Daddy
Staff
May 19, 2008
Kennesaw, Georgia
As mentioned in another thread, Mark Fox and Yasir Rosemond were at the Wheeler game at Georgia Tech last night to watch Jaylen Brown. I believe YR was also there for Wheeler's game on Thursday night as well.Jonas Hayes was over at KSU watching Kobi Simmons during the first 1A Private Semifinal game and Will Jackson during the second game.I thought Will Jackson played really well yesterday despite his team losing. He did a little bit of everything. He scored. He made several really nice passes. What impressed me most though was how active he was defensively. I've never seen him play that hard, and more importantly, look that athletic. He really does look like a different player now that he's back to full strength and his knees aren't bothering him. He's going to be a good player for UGA and will help out a ton next season, IMO.One name to keep an eye on after yesterday is Ikey Obiagu. He's a 7'1 center in the 2017 class out of Greenforest Christian. He was the difference, IMO, for Greenforest in beating Athens Christian. He didn't score a single point, but blocked several shots, altered many others, took a couple charges, and was a monster on the boards on both ends. Wouldn't surprise me if UGA gets involved with him very soon.

This post was edited on 3/2 10:01 AM by Dan McDonald

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News