ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Notes on Ousmane Kromah, Jeramiah McCloud

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
Today, I went down to Perry High School for a padded camp, where I caught up with a few Georgia targets. Below are a few notes from the camp.

According to Kromah, his top four are (in no order): Tennessee, Georgia, Florida State, and Auburn. He grinned when I brought up the Dawgs and RBs coach Josh Crawford. The new UGA assistant has made Kromah a priority.

“Until he got there, I really didn’t think UGA wanted me,” Kromah said.

The relationship between Kromah and Crawford goes way back. Crawford coached Kromah’s older brother at Lee County, so the connection is strong. Kromah loves that Crawford is in Athens, and that may sway his decision.

Kromah enjoyed his time at UGA during his OV. He spent time with players and felt a real “family-type” atmosphere, which is important to him. Kromah considers the in-state program one of his top schools, but he doesn’t have a commitment date set yet.

My Analysis: I think Kromah is Georgia’s top option at RB after current commit Bo Walker. I think Bama commit Anthony Rogers is also in play. I’ve heard Kromah lacks some top end speed that Georgia likes, but I saw plenty of quickness today. Lee County would motion him out wide, and he burned a few guys catching deep balls. Maybe the staff’s previous evaluation was wrong. I think Josh Crawford wants Kromah the most.

Spoke with McCloud, who recently committed to Florida. He told me some interesting things.

“I’m committed to Florida at the moment, but I’m keeping my options open.”

He doesn’t sound too sold on the Gators or Billy Napier. However, his trainer keeps in contact with Georgia DL coach Tray Scott. He plans to take an OV to Athens during the season.

McCloud knows how DL the Dawgs are after in his class. He expects two more to join the class soon. But that doesn’t deter him away from Georgia. He embraces the competition, although he is “enjoying the recruiting process” right now.

My Analysis: If Georgia loses a commitment from a current DL, I can see McCloud or Kevin Wynn being a good backup option. I’ve heard a few things surrounding a possible decommitment, but can’t confirm anything solid. UGA hasn’t stopped recruiting Wynn, either. And it sounds like the staff has been in contact trying to get McCloud on a visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News