ADVERTISEMENT

Obesity is a serious problem in America.

This so true. It’s amazing how difficult it is to eat well. We are bombarded with fast food and “convenient” food. Eating well is expensive and time consuming. I am not obese, but I appreciate the difficulty for those who are. Not sure what the answer is to that problem other than prioritizing diet over convenience.
But the tweet is correct regarding efforts to help the obesity problem.
One problem - like a lot of issues in our society - is that it is taboo to talk about obesity in a negative manner.
JC

Eating well is expensive and time consuming
Giant myth. Go fill your cart with fresh fruits and veggies and compare the cost to your fast food spend. It's incredibly cheap to eat healthy and incredibly easy/quick to prepare. And people feed their kids absolute garbage - kids' nutrition these days is even worse than adults.

Giant myth. Go fill your cart with fresh fruits and veggies and compare the cost to your fast food spend. It's incredibly cheap to eat healthy and incredibly easy/quick to prepare. And people feed their kids absolute garbage - kids' nutrition these days is even worse than adults.
I was about to write the same.

Processed sugar and simple carbohydrates are the primary enemy. The amount of sugar, corn syrup and other sweeteners in processed foods is horrible, but that is how you add flavor to low fat/low nutrition food.

The myth that the path to health was through low fat diets was literally created by the sugar lobby back in the sixties and we are still suffering the results.

I think there’s an infomercial in there somewhere.
JC

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
It’s all really just C6 H12 O6. Diets aren’t great for a lot of people, but human beings didn’t evolve to sit behind desks all day (or on the couch for that matter). We need folks working 12 hour days in factories again (we’ve got a lot of carpet mills hiring here in NWGA). More time working, less time eating. Or maybe produce a commercial form of leptin. Then everyone could pop a pill and feel full.

It’s all really just C6 H12 O6. Diets aren’t great for a lot of people, but human beings didn’t evolve to sit behind desks all day (or on the couch for that matter). We need folks working 12 hour days in factories again (we’ve got a lot of carpet mills hiring here in NWGA). More time working, less time eating. Or maybe produce a commercial form of leptin. Then everyone could pop a pill and feel full.
Good points. It is a simply equation really. If caloric intake exceeds calories burned, you will gain weight. Simple as that.
Self inflicted with the help of our wonderful bureaucrats. Government subsidized sugar keeping prices down and the substitution of cheap corn syrup has had tremendous impact on obesity. Not to mention some more of those government "experts" changing the food pyramid to make fat evil and adding more carbs instead.

There is also intermittent fasting which I am a big proponent of. Takes ZERO $. It's all about the sugar. Eliminate it and the cravings go away and you can survive quite happily on much less food than you would think. I am obviously not throwing children and pregnant mothers in this camp but for a normal adult it is quite possible to eat healthy and happily on much less but it takes discipline and let's face it this country has little of that in regards to anything. We have been sold a bill of goods regarding the food pyramid and 3 meals a day.

There is also intermittent fasting which I am a big proponent of. Takes ZERO $. It's all about the sugar. Eliminate it and the cravings go away and you can survive quite happily on much less food than you would think. I am obviously not throwing children and pregnant mothers in this camp but for a normal adult it is quite possible to eat healthy and happily on much less but it takes discipline and let's face it this country has little of that in regards to anything. We have been sold a bill of goods regarding the food pyramid and 3 meals a day.
Cheetos are the foundation of a balanced diet.

This so true. It’s amazing how difficult it is to eat well. We are bombarded with fast food and “convenient” food. Eating well is expensive and time consuming. I am not obese, but I appreciate the difficulty for those who are. Not sure what the answer is to that problem other than prioritizing diet over convenience.
But the tweet is correct regarding efforts to help the obesity problem.
One problem - like a lot of issues in our society - is that it is taboo to talk about obesity in a negative manner.
JC
It isn’t taboo to talk about it in the society I run in but I 100% get what you are saying.

I can flat take it off with the intermittent fasting. It really works. I never ate breakfast from about 18 - 40 and never really had a weight problem. I gained in my 40s when my metabolism slowed down AND I also started eating breakfast again.

Reactions: Mike_the_Dawg
I’m fat and I’m happy and I just got done eating four brownies . When I die , I will lose weight and y’all please have thirds on the bake ham and mash potatoes and pies .
Didn't you recently have a doctor's visit and were told to lose weight? You were even giving us updates on your progress, right? Or am I thinking about someone else? I do that sometimes.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Yesterday there was an article on the internet about a North Georgia high school coach and his teacher wife, both of whom have sadly died from COVID (the article, when read closely, made it pretty clear that they contracted the disease right before school started).

Anyway, in the article it was reported that they had chosen to not get vaxed “because they were fairly young (he was 51, she was 45), and in good health”.

But then you saw their picture, and saw they both were, bless their hearts, obese.

I’m fat and I’m happy and I just got done eating four brownies . When I die , I will lose weight and y’all please have thirds on the bake ham and mash potatoes and pies .
This from the person who has posted on here numerous times that people not wearing masks or getting vaccinated are putting other’s life at risk? If you don’t give a shit about your health, why should we? You can lay around and eat brownies all day, but somehow we’re the biggest threat to your health for not wearing masks or getting vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT