ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg OK.....now Taylor Swift has really crossed the line....

Here’s a hot take about covers: it’s actually good when current musicians cover older songs by artists that their fans may not know about or appreciate (think Luke Combs/Tracy Chapman).

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for Swift to introduce her fans to a band they almost certainly have never listened to. They may grow to like a new artist because of it, and that’s a good thing just like it was with “Fast Car”

Here’s a hot take about covers: it’s actually good when current musicians cover older songs by artists that their fans may not know about or appreciate (think Luke Combs/Tracy Chapman).

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for Swift to introduce her fans to a band they almost certainly have never listened to. They may grow to like a new artist because of it, and that’s a good thing just like it was with “Fast Car”
I can see it now. The Swifty army with a following of stamp lickers.

Reactions: donalsonville_dawg
Announced that she is going to record "her" version of the Grateful Dead's classic "Workingman's Dead".

No no no no no no no,..........just focking NO!
My emotional response to this news is completely and utterly whelming.

Fair enough but another part of the story is that she will record the album, have 50 LPs pressed and sell them to the highest bidder.
I would be very disappointed if the Grateful Dead is on board with this shite.

Fair enough but another part of the story is that she will record the album, have 50 LPs pressed and sell them to the highest bidder.
I couldn't stand her singing before I knew who she was but I have to hand it to the young lady, she's a freaking money making genius. Imo, if you took away auto tune and put her in a talent competition with Aretha, Gladys Knight, Donna Summers, Ann Wilson, Amy Whitehouse and on and on, Swift would finish in last place by a lot but she makes money like she's the freaking Beatles. Good for her.

Damn you capitalism

• Haha
Reactions: godawgs4
I've never understood the obsession with Taylor Swift. She's just copied Juice Newton's look. Her music is just current pop shit. I've listened to everyone of her biggest hits and that's all I hear.

As a record collector I have friends who've bought all of her stuff swearing they'll all be as valuable as rare Beatle's records when the swifty generation are in the 50s.

Let me preface what I'm saying. I get she's popular but what I don't get is how she's the most popular artist ever in the history of music since the 1950s.

Juice Newton - 1980s.
1912x1072mv.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I've never understood the obsession with Taylor Swift. She's just copied Juice Newton's look. Her music is just current pop shit. I've listened to everyone of her biggest hits and that's all I hear.

As a record collector I have friends who've bought all of her stuff swearing they're all going to be as valuable as rare Beatle's records when the swifty generation are in the 50s.

Let me preface what I'm saying. I get she's popular but what I don't get is how she's the most popular artist ever in the history of music since the 1950s.

Juice Newton - 1980s.
1912x1072mv.jpg
Women & suburban housewives want to blame others for their poor choices in men. Additionally, she has been popular since like 2006 so that's like 3 generations of girls that have grown up with her. All see hive mind mentality

Women & suburban housewives want to blame others for their poor choices in men. Additionally, she has been popular since like 2006 so that's like 3 generations of girls that have grown up with her. All see hive mind mentality
Makes zero sense that 3 generations all love the same artist.

Then again, how is Rap/HipHop still the counterculture music genre for 5 straight decades?

Announced that she is going to record "her" version of the Grateful Dead's classic "Workingman's Dead".

No no no no no no no,..........just focking NO!
This is a travesty. Do not ruin my favorite band of all time.

The shit has got to stop.

Edit: an article was written yesterday. April fools got us good

• Haha
Reactions: BaileyDawg79
Makes zero sense that 3 generations all love the same artist.

Then again, how is Rap/HipHop still the counterculture music genre for 5 straight decades?
When TS has been played constantly in the pop radio stations for nearly 20 years, what about women aged 10-55 not liking her doesn't make sense?

This is a travesty. Do not ruin my favorite band of all time.

The shit has got to stop.

Edit: an article was written yesterday. April fools got us good
Makes sense....Tay Tay doing the Dead would be an abomination.

That's subjective and clearly a crap ton of women love it.
No doubt and I'm no experts on the demographic but from the young ladies that I know that have been to a concert, I think it's more of the ability to say they were there rather than any deep love of the music. My granddaughter's best friend flew from Atl to Phoenix with her mom to see a concert and I've never heard that young lady listening to TS.

Kids usually don't listen to the same music their mom listens to.
Except in the case of Taylor Swift. My nieces love her and so does their 44 year old mother and their 38 year old aunt. My 9 year old niece had a Taylor Swift themed birthday party. Gag

Like I said, when she's been one of the most popular female pop stars for 20 years, most conventional rules (kids not liking their parents music) go out the window

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Except in the case of Taylor Swift. My nieces love her and so does their 44 year old mother and their 38 year old aunt. My 9 year old niece had a Taylor Swift themed birthday party. Gag

Like I said, when she's been one of the most popular female pop stars for 20 years, most conventional rules (kids not liking their parents music) go out the window
Wow the 9 year old happens to like her mother's favorite artist too? What are the odds? 😁

I think they’d do it for the bucks. Haight-Ashbury is a long time gone in the rear view mirror.

Wow the 9 year old happens to like her mother's favorite artist too? What are the odds? 😁
True and there are countless daughters who also love Taylor Swift because of their moms and also independently from their moms.

Also if you read the post I responded to, he said most kids don't like the same music as their parents so that was my personal anecdote

Reactions: bayrooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT