ADVERTISEMENT

One of the great pleasures in life is watching a good dog . . .

A

anon_q2raz786xy94b

Working a field, and cross my fingers but I think I’ve got one. Pup just worked the back pasture, and raised a covey of quail. Purely on instinct and I just hope that I don’t mess him up,

Last edited by a moderator:
Working a field, and cross my fingers but I think I’ve got one. Pup just worked the back pasture, and raised a covey of quail. Purely on instinct and I just hope that I don’t mess him up,
What breed is he?

Lab, in the picture, though he’s 8 months now
Yeah, Labs are great dogs. My last one was a Lab, we had him 13 years, great family dogs.

Have a Bernese Mountain Dog now, they are a working class breed also. More of an indoor dog unless it is really cold, she loves it then.

cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25

Last edited:
You are correct on that. We raised German Shorthairs growing up. They were great bird dogs and great family dogs as well. You simply can’t beat a dog that is good for both jobs.

Yeah, Labs are great dogs. My last one was a Lab, we had him 13 years, great family dogs.

Have a Bernese Mountain Dog now, they are a working class breed also. More of an indoor dog unless it is really cold, she loves it then.

cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25

Man that is a beautiful dog. Haven’t seen too many of those around my parts but very good looking dog you have there

Reminds me of the first time I saw an English cream Golden

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT