ADVERTISEMENT

People please be careful at Wal Mart!

trillium

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2005
just a really good man that had hearing aids and went through self checkout and didn’t realize it didn’t ring up a few things and wal mart has a new policy and took him straight to jail... man has never stole anything in his life .. lawyer said he had 30 cases just like his on his desk..he tried to pay and said it was an honest mistake but no exceptions ... how many times have you put something to the side to organize groceries and accidentally walked out and didn’t realize it til u got out... just be careful bec you will go to jail regardless now.. this man was a good Christian man who is retired and in late 70s who worked his whole life

just a really good man that had hearing aids and went through self checkout and didn’t realize it didn’t ring up a few things and wal mart has a new policy and took him straight to jail... man has never stole anything in his life .. lawyer said he had 30 cases just like his on his desk..he tried to pay and said it was an honest mistake but no exceptions ... how many times have you put something to the side to organize groceries and accidentally walked out and didn’t realize it til u got out... just be careful bec you will go to jail regardless now.. this man was a good Christian man who is retired and in late 70s who worked his whole life
Sir this is the vent not Facebook

It’d be a shame if their employees had to actually work and do the checkouts themselves :rolleyes: Many of the Walmarts near me are self checkout only. They can’t expect customers to never make a mistake if they are forced to do their own scanning.

I was just talking to someone about Wal Mart and how they prosecute shoplifting (not that this was). Sad that they use less cashiers, almost forcing you to use a self check out. I can see how easy it would be for anyone, especially an older person to accidentally put something in a bag they thought was scanned. And WalMart usually has one person watching ten self check out stands. Would be interested to know how this would hold up in court if it went that far.

giphy.gif

I was just talking to someone about Wal Mart and how they prosecute shoplifting (not that this was). Sad that they use less cashiers, almost forcing you to use a self check out. I can see how easy it would be for anyone, especially an older person to accidentally put something in a bag they thought was scanned. And WalMart usually has one person watching ten self check out stands. Would be interested to know how this would hold up in court if it went that far.
Lawyer said charges will be dropped but it’s unbelievable they would send an old man to jail after he just spent 200$ and accidentally didn’t scan a few items bec he didn’t hear the scanner

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg

Reactions: albanyga
I've handled a bunch of those. One where a mother with young child, she spent $150+ and got distracted and didn't scan about $7 worth of stuff. I won't go through a self checkout line unless I just have one item. But keep in mind there are portions of society who do not have any concern for property and the Walmarts of the world have massive amounts of theft by customers and their pals who work at Walmart.

Um, never.

Step 1: Do not enter walmart. or Sam's. You can do better without compromising your eternal soul.

Case closed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT