Recipe please!! I just can’t find a good one. TIA

Home made Pimento Cheese

2-10 oz blocks of sharp cheddar shredded
Pimento puréed
Jalapeño diced (fresh)
Cream cheese softened 1 block
1/2 cup of mayo
Salt and pepper

Add a fried green tomato and bacon for an awesome sandwich. Make sure to triple dredge the tomatoe thru spicy flour, egg, then panko.

Dukes
Hot sauce (I use Texas Pete or yucatan sunshine depending on who's eating)
Tillamook sharp cheddar
Cream cheese
Salt
Pepper
Chipotle powder
Pimientos

Oh, and sourdough bread. Find a good bakery that makes it fresh.

You can figure out the proportions you like. This recipe equals TAILGATE!

GATA -- HD

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
palmettocheese-12ozjalapeno.jpg

All you need.

If you're putting mayo in it, you're doing it wrong.

palmettocheese-12ozjalapeno.jpg

All you need.

That's good. Second best store bought I've had behind the old Winn Dixie Palmetto Farms pimento cheese. Man, I'd love to have some of that stuff. All the WDs around here closed years ago. About 12 years ago I was in LaGrange, GA. There were still some WDs there. I literally bought out their stock of the pimento cheese only to discover later that it wasn't the same that I grew up with. Apparently, they changed the recipe. Really screwed it up.

Reactions: rdawg2010
Worcestershire Sauce is what a lot of pimento and cheese is usually missing. Almost all creamy or melted cheese dishes with English/Scot/Irish Origns call for it. The umami it brings balances and livens up almost every cheese dish. This goes for grilled cheese, fondues, and all sorts of cheese dips and balls.

You have never had Dukes

I have.

I grew up on homemade mayonnaise. My mom always made it for the house and we never kept store-bought. Because of this, I think that store bought generally has too much sugar in it (homemade has none). I’m not challenging others’ tastes, I’m just saying that you shouldn’t knock it until you try it.

Edit: As many in the foregoing have said, apparently Duke’s has no sugar. I still think homemade is better.

Last edited:
You have never had Dukes

I have.

I grew up on homemade mayonnaise. My mom always made it for the house and we never kept store-bought. Because of this, I think that store bought generally has too much sugar in it (homemade has none). I’m not challenging others’ tastes, I’m just saying that you shouldn’t knock it until you try it.
Agree with everything you said but will note that Dukes doesn’t have any sugar in it.

I make my own for mayo important dishes like crab or shrimp rolls....duke for everyday use.

Only for my brethren.....

2 Cups cheddar (mild or sharp depending on your taste buds)
2 Cups Colby Jack
1 Cup Smoked Gouda
8 oz softened cream cheese (add more if desired)
2-4 oz dijon mustard
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
Finely chopped jalapeño to taste
4 oz pimentos
Mayo to taste or desired consistency
Pepper, Lowerys seasoned salt (paprika, cayenne if desired)

You can take a cup from the batch and add bacon and red pepper jelly for a totally different taste.

I've won several competitions with this recipe and you can add it to a macaroni and cheese recipe to take it to a new level.

That's good. Second best store bought I've had behind the old Winn Dixie Palmetto
I have.

Just giving you a hard time. Never had homemade mayo. It was a dukes house growing up here in NC .

Reactions: ggr1986

2 Cups Colby Jack
1 Cup Smoked Gouda
2-4 oz dijon mustard
4 oz pimentos

You can take a cup from the batch and add bacon and red pepper jelly for a totally different taste.

I've won several competitions with this recipe and you can add it to a macaroni and cheese recipe to take it to a new level.
This thread delivers

2 Cups Colby Jack
1 Cup Smoked Gouda
2-4 oz dijon mustard
4 oz pimentos

I change my mind. This guy wins

I’ve never understood the idea of not sharing a recipe. Now if you own a restaurant, I totally get that. But I smoke meat and am always trying new things in the kitchen and when I really hit something just right I can’t wait to share it with people. Really bottles the mind to think people would want to keep something like that to themselves

I’ve never understood the idea of not sharing a recipe. Now if you own a restaurant, I totally get that. But I smoke meat and am always trying new things in the kitchen and when I really hit something just right I can’t wait to share it with people. Really bottles the mind to think people would want to keep something like that to themselves
Somebody post the Michael keaton couch scene

If you're going to store buy it, the only one to consider is My Three Sons Spicy White Cheddar.

Absolutely, hands down the best that you can purchase is Proper Pepper Pimento Cheese. It's growing in popularity and availability - I believe that Striplings now carries it. Several groceries also have it - there are classic and jalapeno versions. But hey, don't just take my word on it, let's ask the resident food expert @Russ Tanner . I am confident that he will agree - and who on this forum knows food better than Russ! By the way, this is a Georgia product. This stuff is really good!

Reactions: anon_gndjai6ikumtv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT