ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
It was so good to see both Hoskins and Goldstein on the mound yesterday.

**I honestly didn’t think we would see Goldstein for a while but man he looked like the old Goldstein yesterday. If Georgia is able to work him back into the weekend rotation that will be big.

**And how about Hoskins? What a surprise seeing him on the mound. Nice job by Coach keeping that on the down low. Of course thanks to ESPN, unless you were at the game, you didn’t get to see him pitch. I have to wonder, though, how much he is going to contribute moving forward. I would think there is no way Johnson would have put Hoskins on the mound to start the game if he wasn’t 100%. That being said, I’m interested to see how Coach plans to bring Hoskins back, and how much he will be able to contribute.

** I think Jarvis Evans is really showing a lot of growth. He’s getting better and better the more reps he gets and just looks more comfortable on the mound. I think this weekend was the best he’s pitched so far.

**Zeldin is a dude. He has been clutch for Georgia closing out games and really gave the Dawgs a chance to win it last night. He’s an arm I have a lot of confidence in.

** I really like Kolten Smith. It is my opinion he should be a weekend starter.

**As for Mracna, I don’t get why Johnson continues to put him in a weekend starter role. At this point he should be able to consistently give more than 3 innings. Mracna is a complete mystery to me because he looks brilliant in the first 2 innings. But come inning 3 he just looks like a completely different pitcher and just falls off a cliff. I see him better utilized as a middle reliever or closer. He certainly has the stuff to give batters fits for 2 innings.

**What in the world is going on with Chandler Marsh? I really expected him to play a major role coming out of the bullpen this year. I hope he is OK, whatever the issue.

**Give Wes Johnson a lot of credit for developing this staff. Pitching isn’t near the weakness they were at the start of the year. I know there are a times I am critical of his decisions but I have to step back and realize I have never coached the Minnesota Twins or helped win a Natty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News