ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Please forgive the ND question.....Lemon Laws.....is the applicable law based on the state in which

Golden Boy

Golden Casanova
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
the vehicle was purchased or the state in which the vehicle is first registered? In other words, if I buy a new car in Ohio but register it in Georgia as a Georgia resident, which state's lemon law will apply?

Don't have an issue now, just doing some homework.

TIA!

the vehicle was purchased or the state in which the vehicle is first registered? In other words, if I buy a new car in Ohio but register it in Georgia as a Georgia resident, which state's lemon law will apply?

TIA!
pWZ4NkzxmbFvgAxmqkjPT0uwq1ZHT9DU2u0MMtwKBFqpG9UYzaXgRwfH2r4LQBmw

I don't practice in this area, but I believe many states' laws are written so that it applies either if you bought from a dealership in that state, or registered the vehicle as the original purchaser in that state.

I don't practice in this area, but I believe many states' laws are written so that it applies either if you bought from a dealership in that state, or registered the vehicle as the original purchaser in that state.
Thanks. So, in the example I gave above, the Georgia law would apply?

Thanks. So, in the example I gave above, the Georgia law would apply?
I hate to give the classic lawyer's answer of "it depends..." so after making a lot of factual assumptions, and not having actually read either state's law on the issue, yes. I presume that the answer in this case is Georgia law.

Reactions: Golden Boy

TIA!
Great question. Uncertain if it matters as LemonLaws are similar / identical across states. BUT it may be owner’s choice whether state of purchase or where registered and I’d pick the best state to suit my desired outcome.

Reactions: Golden Boy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT