ADVERTISEMENT

Political Post about UGA and WH Invite

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
As I have said before, I think UGA should visit the WH regardless of political party of the President. I find it laughable that neither W.H. or UGA can find a suitable date. I’ll attack both:

W. H. - Biden, like Trump has no real schedule. He visited Ireland a few weeks ago and met with budget folks yesterday. Other than that, any other day since January would have been open enough to fit a visit in for the 2 time National Champions. Just print him some cue cards and prop him up like is done daily

UGA - make it work regardless of the idiots in Washington. Give up a workout or planned vacation and get up there , once in a lifetime opportunity for many of the athletes and coaches. Yes I think Kirby will win more but this group want get another opportunity

Reactions: zingerdawg
As I have said before, I think UGA should visit the WH regardless of political party of the President. I find it laughable that neither W.H. or UGA can find a suitable date. I’ll attack both:

W. H. - Biden, like Trump has no real schedule. He visited Ireland a few weeks ago and met with budget folks yesterday. Other than that, any other day since January would have been open enough to fit a visit in for the 2 time National Champions. Just print him some cue cards and prop him up like is done daily

UGA - make it work regardless of the idiots in Washington. Give up a workout or planned vacation and get up there , once in a lifetime opportunity for many of the athletes and coaches. Yes I think Kirby will win more but this group want get another opportunity
I don't care either way all I want is to win another one and white house come visit us

Every move shitpants in DC makes is specifically choreographed and highly controlled for public perception. In much the same way hitler’s activities were planned for public perception. If it doesn’t hold advantage for him or his party, they aren’t interested.
^^^ This. Couldn't have said it better. Just like East Palestine

This antipathy or downright disdain for red counties/states is straight up out of Obummer's playbook. Susan Rice is there a few more weeks then I guess Obama (or Mike) will be making the decisions.

It’s not political and the WH doesn’t care one way or the other. It doesn’t sell votes either way

It’s not political and the WH doesn’t care one way or the other. It doesn’t sell votes either way

I agree in that they don’t care. There is no advantage in it for them, so why pull shitpants out of his coma in the basement, just to have him embarrass them (and threaten his campaign) by forgetting the mascot and sport of the visiting team.

The brain dead fvcker would probably refer to us as the Florida penguins or something. Why risk it? Like I said, every action is based on public consumption, same As the Nazis protected their leader and party.

^^^ This. Couldn't have said it better. Just like East Palestine

This antipathy or downright disdain for red counties/states is straight up out of Obummer's playbook. Susan Rice is there a few more weeks then I guess Obama (or Mike) will be making the decisions.
I think you're right. Biden and his former baby
sitter didn't want a Georgia team up there.

oh my god we agree

imho it's a stupid, demeaning tradition anyway.
It’s life. We can agree and disagree.

And that WH comment goes to any party in power. It has just become something we do, for whatever reason.

Maybe it was important in the early 1900’s.

Reactions: nice marmot
I completely agree with your first sentence. I thought it was stupid when Tim Thomas refused to visit under Obama after the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, just as I thought it was stupid when certain teams refused to visit under Trump.

HOWEVER - I will still laugh at the hypocrisy of liberals fuming over this decision (even though it wasn't political in nature), when they cheered all the teams who wouldn't visit Trump over explicitly political reasons.

I completely agree with your first sentence. I thought it was stupid when Tim Thomas refused to visit under Obama after the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, just as I thought it was stupid when certain teams refused to visit under Trump.

HOWEVER - I will still laugh at the hypocrisy of liberals fuming over this decision (even though it wasn't political in nature), when they cheered all the teams who wouldn't visit Trump over explicitly political reasons.
Someone needs to coin a phrase, like you can't say liberal without saying they are hypocrites. When the media is on you team there is no 3rd party to call them out on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedcoatOf94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT