ADVERTISEMENT

POLL:Will you give up GA football if players advertise social justice patches?

Will you give up GA football if players advertise social justice patches?

• No

Votes: 104 56.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 35 19.0%
  • Depends how its handled

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • No. It does not matter because they are too young and dumb to know what they are doing.

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters
2x5zk2G.gif

Dude you’re in a thread extolling the virtues of one of our former RBs because of his political beliefs.
He’s a former player. Not in sports today, also, it’s okay to agree with his beliefs and not want politics to be a factor when I’m watching games every Saturday. After a while people get tired of the same thing shoved down their throat again and again regardless of if they agree with it or not.

He’s a former player. Not in sports today, also, it’s okay to agree with his beliefs and not want politics to be a factor when I’m watching games every Saturday. After a while people get tired of the same thing shoved down their throat again and again regardless of if they agree with it or not.

The reason he has a platform is because he is an athlete. But again because he agrees with you it’s okay.

The reason he has a platform is because he is an athlete. But again because he agrees with you it’s okay.
The original question involved wearing a social justice patch on their uniform. Pretty sure Herschel won’t be doing that so ....

Jim Brown, Arthur Ashe, etc I have no problem with them saying whatever they wish. Current players wearing patches is a terrible idea regardless of ideology. What are the limits and who decides? And what a can of worms that will digress into becoming. You really think a BLM patch and a Blue Line patch will be treated the same or both allowed? What about military recognition? Or a rainbow? Or Christian verses or sayings? Muslim? Hindu? Devil worshippers? Pandora’s box we’re dealing with here, unfortunately.

The original question involved wearing a social justice patch on their uniform. Pretty sure Herschel won’t be doing that so ....

Jim Brown, Arthur Ashe, etc I have no problem with them saying whatever they wish. Current players wearing patches is a terrible idea regardless of ideology. What are the limits and who decides? And what a can of worms that will digress into becoming. You really think a BLM patch and a Blue Line patch will be treated the same or both allowed? What about military recognition? Or a rainbow? Or Christian verses or sayings? Muslim? Hindu? Devil worshippers? Pandora’s box we’re dealing with here, unfortunately.

I was responding to a specific poster about another thread. You want to wear a devil worship patch? I don’t give a shit. Go for it.

I was responding to a specific poster about another thread. You want to wear a devil worship patch? I don’t give a shit. Go for it.
I was also responding to a poster in another thread. One thread I agreed that Herschel was standing up for our Country. Another thread I said that I don’t much prefer politics in our everyday sports. Herschel hasn’t been an athlete in 20 years. I wasn’t trying to argue with you, I think it’s okay to like a post about a former player standing up for this country, while hoping I can turn on sports without politics being the main subject or talking point.

Dont worry. I have. Not planning on watching one second of it. And wont miss watching it one bit. 46 yrs is plenty.

Reactions: 911DAWG
Social justice is good but we all ready have it and we all have been supporting it for years. The protest and riots for that cause is BS.
A patch supporting it does't hurt anything doesn't help anything.
What will help is when Black people understand they are Black Americans
and African-Americans unless they where born in Africa. White people or Americans with white skin not any other kind unless they where born in some other Country. Once we realize we are all Americans it will go a long way in helping social justice. Remember there are two types of people good and bad the choice is yours. I am a good one

Damn dude, did Georgia Football actually get ahold of your Mother?
I'm just not a marxist like you. Enjoy Kirby flashing you a marxist fist in Ford commercials. Saban has already embraced the movement. Kirby will probably grow an afro to keep up. Enjoy the cardboard marxist football movement and be sure to wear your mask!

I’m done too. The hypocrisy is just too much for me. BLM is a Marxist, anti-Semitic org that doesn’t give 2 chits about blacks. Can you imagine a group purporting to be pro Jewish (or any other group) that was anti-black getting this kind of love? It’s BS.

Some of you snowflake commies need to review history, especially WWII. The one thing both the Germans and the Japs repeatedly said was that the Americans were brave, tough and relentless. We had inferior equipment and initially we likely had inferior leadership too, but the Americans just kept coming. The Germans and the Japs were actually in awe of the bravery and sacrifice of the US GIs.

I'm just not a marxist like you. Enjoy Kirby flashing you a marxist fist in Ford commercials. Saban has already embraced the movement. Kirby will probably grow an afro to keep up. Enjoy the cardboard marxist football movement and be sure to wear your mask!
I'm a Marxist because I don't care about social justice patches? I personally do not think the patches will help anything, but I don't care if they wear them...I'm just starved for some college football.

I'm a Marxist because I don't care about social justice patches? I personally do not think the patches will help anything, but I don't care if they wear them...I'm just starved for some college football.
Everyone is a Marxist to him. Don’t worry about it. He will be watching UGA football as soon as it kicks off.

Reactions: TanyardDawg520
I quit this year after donating and buying tickets for 47 years! Had enough of the whole mess. At one time I didn't think they could tee it up without me being in the stands but I have found other interest that are more fulfilling.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Shows how tough you are. Weak like a commie and also a caver because you want to watch some fake football on TV. You probably even tell people to wear masks so we can have it.

Also, I really don't give a shat if you want to watch that fake crap they'll call college football this year. I am sure you are in the vast majority.

Shows how tough you are. Weak like a commie and also a caver because you want to watch some fake football on TV. You probably even tell people to wear masks so we can have it.

Also, I really don't give a shat if you want to watch that fake crap they'll call college football this year. I am sure you are in the vast majority.
If it's windy all the fans will blow down.

And i doubt it's going to happen. They're just putting off the gnashing of teeth from disgruntled fans. https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...e-football-season/ESQKTCZN5FGLVFWPGQL5HWGCBY/

You have come to a lot of extreme conclusions about me and my views because I jokingly pointed out that it would take a lot more than some patches for me to stop following the Dawgs...a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, so roughly 35 years.

Dadgum.

ADVERTISEMENT