ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Needed - My Daughter Is Home Update #5

BigOleDawg

Delta's Ready When You Are
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2001
Lake Oconee
Dawgnation
My daughter was involved in a terrible accident last night and fractured her skull and had a brain bleed. She is is diehard Dawg and is 26 with her entire life in front of her. The latest CT showed more bleeding and they have taken her up for emergency surgery at Piedmont here in Athens. We need all of your prayers. Her name is Olivia - please lift her up in prayer and ask for Gods healing hand!
@Radi Nabulsi

Quick Update- Olivia
After her 2nd CT, there was continued bleeding so they had to do emergency surgery. The surgeon felt good about the surgery and thought most of the bleeding was coming from her skull fracture which she believe they captured and removed any of the clots. Overall, again, the surgeon was optimistic yet it’s early as it relates to any impact as it relates to recovery. We’re not out of the woods as they still had to take another CT just to ensure there’s no continued bleeding. Please tell everyone our family cannot thank everyone enough for the prayer chain, texts and love you’ve sent our way. Please ask everyone to continue to ask all of their prayer, warriors and friends to keep Olivia on their daily prayer list. We’re now just taking it one day at a time and are asking God to continue to place his healing hands on her.
Ben, Tracy and Zach

Update #2
Prayers are working. God worked thru her surgeons hands. Felt most of bleeding was coming from skull fracture. Neurosurgeon felt good overall. It’s still early and definitely not out of woods yet just wanted to thank Dawgnation again. We have a long road ahead and are just taking a day at a time yet knowing my baby is in so many prayer lists gives our family comfort. We appreciate you so much and ask for Gods healing. Much love from my daughter Olivia! God Bless!

Update #3
First the Dawg nation and family is amazing! Your prayers have given us such comfort during this uncertain time. Tough night, not much sleep with a lot of swelling and pain from the emergency surgery. The CT scan last night after the surgery looked good. Her neurosurgeon came by this morning and was pleased with the CT and her overall progress. She was more alert after the surgery than when she went into the operating room…..that’s God healing at work and the efforts of strong prayer from everyone on the DawgVent! Please continue to lift her up in daily prayer yet know that she is communicating and alert. Not much recall of the accident yet we will take any small win right now. Long journey in front of us and we are taking it “one day at a time! God bless all of the Dawg family! Just wanted to keep you apprised of her progress. We so appreciate the prayer chain and love you have shown our family.
Ben(aka BigOleDawg), Tracy, Zach and Olivia(aka Yaya).

Update #4
Many have asked for an update on Olivia so wanted to share the latest news. First let me share that your direct messages, emails, texts and offers for our family to stay at your homes in Athens has simply been overwhelming! God Bless the Dawg Nation - there is no family like the Red & Black.

The last few days have been challenging yet we are making progress each day. We have experienced all the emotions possible and cried a river over the last 4 days…….and it has been your prayers and love for Olivia and our family that has helped keep our family strong.

We have read your individual prayers, comments of love and support to her! And yes the prayers are working - her surgical team is pleased with her progress following surgery despite some of the daily ups/downs or setbacks that come with therapy following brain trauma. We have already begun PT, ST, OT and the intensive therapy and work now required for Olivia to heal.

We are hoping to move out of ICU soon which is a big step. As you might expect, we are scared to death as a family. Yet are trying to stay where our feet are….and not get to far ahead of ourselves. As a father, you simply want to keep your kids safe yet have felt so out of control and at times overcome with stress and anxiety. Yet many of you reminded me that it’s ok to be human and to lean into our faith and the word of the Almighty!

I apologize if I have not been able to respond to all of your messages or DMs. Our family just wanted to say thank you Dawg Nation for all of your love! Please keep my daughter and our family on your daily prayer list as we are marching towards a full recovery with Gods healing hands. Today was better than yesterday and for that we are thankful!

From our family to yours,,,,God Bless!

Update #5
Olivia Update (She’s Home) - August 5, 2024

First a huge thank you for all the texts, videos, emails, phone calls and daily prayers! Your continuous love, support and prayers brought such comfort to Olivia and the family during our worse nightmare. Some of the individual or personal prayers you sent were such an inspiration and we did our best to share each and every of them with our Yaya during her stay in the hospital.

Gods healing hands have been clearly at work for the last 10 days!! Olivia was in ICU until this past Thursday following her successful surgery on 7/27 to stop the bleeding. Her neurosurgeon and Piedmont Medical team felt good enough about her progress that she came home late yesterday. Praise the Lord!! God is good and we are so blessed!

We are now on a new journey. Olivia will require occupational and speech therapy yet no PT. Olivia’s doctor is confident in a full recovery in Gods time. Please continue to pray for daily healing and patience for Olivia and the entire family. Again, we are grateful to each and every one of you! We love you deeply!

God Bless!
Olivia and the entire Nobles Family

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.