ADVERTISEMENT

Presidential Records Act

55dawg

Corn Pop
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2007
“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from presidential records is made by the President during the Presidents term and in his sole discretion….”

Judge Amy Berman Jackson

“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from presidential records is made by the President during the Presidents term and in his sole discretion….”

Judge Amy Berman Jackson
I have to commend the commitment to the “he can declassify by thinking it” line of defense, given that the documents don’t have to be classified for Trump to have broken the law and the 11th Circuit, with two out of three judges nominated by Trump, and Trump’s own special master destroyed that inane and silly argument.

I have to commend the commitment to the “he can declassify by thinking it” line of defense, given that the documents don’t have to be classified for Trump to have broken the law and the 11th Circuit, with two out of three judges nominated by Trump, and Trump’s own special master destroyed that inane and silly argument.
Mr. @willdup:

I assume then that you also refute the argument that illegals crossed the Rio Grande legally because they say so, correct?

Mr. @willdup:

I assume then that you also refute the argument that illegals crossed the Rio Grande legally because they say so, correct?
Probably not, although the answer to your question is a bit complex more than you would like it to be.

Back to the original topic of the post, do you agree that the POTUS can declassify documents by simply thinking it, and is that a defense for Trump refusing to return important government documents?

Last edited:
Do you disregard Judge Amy Berman Jackson’s findings ?

Do you disregard Judge Amy Berman Jackson’s findings ?
All you did was post her comment but what exactly do you think she's saying and how do you think it pertains to Trump stealing classified material?

All you did was post her comment but what exactly do you think she's saying and how do you think it pertains to Trump stealing classified material?
There was much more. And analysis by legal experts (including liberal). This is not clearly “he stole” docs. I acknowledge the court recent court findings seem to side with DOj. However this is not a clear case to any of us novices. To say so is simply bias. We shall see.

There was much more. And analysis by legal experts (including liberal). This is not clearly “he stole” docs. I acknowledge the court recent court findings seem to side with DOj. However this is not a clear case to any of us novices. To say so is simply bias. We shall see.
I don't agree with your point, but the interesting thing about this case is we don't have to agree about the exact status of the classified documents.

He was informed that he was in possession of government records and was asked to return them. He returned some of them without making any legal argument of any kind as to why was in rightful possession of the remaining records. The government came back again and ask for all of the records, and he again provided some, but not all, still offering no legal argument regarding continued retention and even pledged that he had provided all of the documents as requested. Then, only after an informant notified the government that FPOTUS was still in possession of documents and then secured a subpoena to go and get them, did these bogus lines of argument start to be offered in defense.

If Trump legitimately thought he was the rightful possessor of the documents, why didn't he make that argument during the eighteen months between when he left office and when the FBI/DOJ came the third time to finally collect all of the material?

And beyond any of that, I still have not heard anyone make a cogent argument as to what legitimate purpose FPOTUS had for the type of top secret documents we now know he was keeping in multiple places at a public country club. It staggers the mind to think that anyone still feels there is a defensible argument here, particularly those in the "but her emails" crowd who were chanting for Hills to be locked up.

Last edited:
I don't agree with your point, but the interesting thing about this case is we don't have to agree about the exact status of the classified documents.

He was informed that he was in possession of government records and was asked to return them. He returned some of them without making any legal argument of any kind as to why was in rightful possession of the remaining records. The government came back again and ask for all of the records, and he again provided some, but not all, still offering no legal argument regarding continued retention and even pledged that he had provided all of the documents as requested. Then, only after an informant notified the government that FPOTUS was still in possession of documents and then secured a subpoena to go and get them, did these bogus lines of argument start to be offered in defense.

If Trump legitimately thought he was the rightful possessor of the documents, why didn't he make that argument during the eighteen months between when he left office and when the FBI/DOJ came the third time to finally collect all of the material?

And beyond any of that, I still have not heard anyone make a cogent argument as to what legitimate purpose FPOTUS had for the type of top secret documents we now know he was keeping in multiple places at a public country club. It staggers the mind to think that anyone still feels there is a defensible argument here, particularly those in the "but her emails" crowd who were chanting for Hills to be locked up.
Your reasoning and point seems correct to me. I do not think a raid was necessary, but I understand that others do. He was president of US, so all reasonable alternatives should have been tried including sending a high ranking Justice Dept person down to draw a line in the sand. Although Trump is a lot of things, he is not a Traitor, but I/we have no idea why he would keep some of this info. If is relate to Russian Collusion, then I don’t blame him a bit but suspect it is more than that and in some cases he doesn’t know why he has it.

Probably not, although the answer to your question is a bit complex more than you would like it to be.

Back to the original topic of the post, do you agree that the POTUS can declassify documents by simply thinking it, and is that a defense for Trump refusing to return important government documents?

The bull crap you post and believe is astounding.

Facts don't matter if you have TDS, like Roy and the chat 'squad'. BTW, which squad is worse? Soy Roy's or in DC? I'll take those in DC because their voting/non-votes/proxy is actually hurting Americans, and Soy Roy here only hurts our intelligence.
You're just unabashedly jealous because I've proven you foolishly wrong soooo many times.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson
So Lying POS Donnie just claimed US Gov't secure files were "his?" Bullshit. Total bullshit. You're not interpreting the language correctly: This statement only pertains to the "segregation" (seating / sorting) of WH records. This in no way allows a former prez to lay claim to any document he desires or to "decide" what is personal or otherwise. Jeeze, can't you read?

So Lying POS Donnie just claimed US Gov't secure files were "his?" Bullshit. Total bullshit. You're not interpreting the language correctly: This statement only pertains to the "segregation" (seating / sorting) of WH records. This in no way allows a former prez to lay claim to any document he desires or to "decide" what is personal or otherwise. Jeeze, can't you read?
Alan D. Doesn’t agree with you.

What the hell are you a Constitutional lawyer?

Reactions: cherrydawg
Just stop. Your TDS didn't last one freaking post until you got all TDS again.

We are discussing legal issues, and part of the strategy is to show how Obama and Hillary had 1000s (not 100) classified documents in their possession, or not, right Hillary, the pedophile forgiver?). FBI and DOJ got punked by Trump's 4D chess and you STILL can't see it. Just like mask data, covid "shot" data, you were totally duped by all covid data, give up. That fishing story is the worst of all. I hope you dems put this trial on prime time...please? Pretty please?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT