ADVERTISEMENT

Proud American

BulldogJimmy

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2019
I am so proud of the growth in this Great Country.I read where a all Female Broadcasting Team did a MLB Game.I remember flying on 130's & C5's during Nam. A Crew usually was composed of between 5-7 Airmen. Most of the.time I was the lone minority on The.Crew.Sometime there might have been 2 or 3.of us. There was.never a time where White's were the minority.Cutting to chase we went to The Big Boys and asked.for a all Black Crew or a majority Black Crew. You thought this thing on January 6th was Bad,man i thought they were going to put us under the jail. All of us were Highly Qualified at our job and were often requested by others to be a part of their.Crews.I wonder when I will see an all Black Broadcating Crew. We lead the marches,went to jail,some.were hung and a Few
like Martin paid the ultimate sacrifice. I am Very Thankful for the progress but just like in Nam we don't sit at the table of Equality! Women doing a great job but when do we Wet our beak? Fully Qualified but still DENIED 😔😔😔

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I am so proud of the growth in this Great Country.I read where a all Female Broadcasting Team did a MLB Game.I remember flying on 130's & C5's during Nam. A Crew usually was composed of between 5-7 Airmen. Most of the.time I was the lone minority on The.Crew.Sometime there might have been 2 or 3.of us. There was.never a time where White's were the minority.Cutting to chase we went to The Big Boys and asked.for a all Black Crew or a majority Black Crew. You thought this thing on January 6th was Bad,man i thought they were going to put us under the jail. All of us were Highly Qualified at our job and were often requested by others to be a part of their.Crews.I wonder when I will see an all Black Broadcating Crew. We lead the marches,went to jail,some.were hung and a Few
like Martin paid the ultimate sacrifice. I am Very Thankful for the progress but just like in Nam we don't sit at the table of Equality! Women doing a great job but when do we Wet our beak? Fully Qualified but still DENIED 😔😔😔

You are right , we have come a long way and I have been around for a lot of the progress . I can't comment on how flight crews are made up , as a veteran that served in the 60s , I can truthfully say I never saw any troops judged by their skin color . I am white and one of my best buddies happened to be black , he asked no favor and got none . I have consistently believed that people should not be advanced or held back because of skin color , they should get credit for their abilities and character needed at the time . To have women or men do something out of the ordinary is no better, in my mind , than any other demographic doing the same , black ,brown , Asian ,etc. ... if they earned it , I'm just not real big on fabricating a scenario to appease a group ,whether they are all brown or all white or all anything !!

when will the inner city violence end?
does that concern you at all or are you more worried about turning on a ball game and seeing 3 black guys calling it?
just a ?

I am very concerned about inner city violence, violence against The Capital, shooting of unarmed people by police,(I am thankful that it's been mighty quiet on that.front since.the trial) ,voter suppression laws passed passed by State Legislatures,and the most grievous is the falling away of the Faith in GOD in this Christian based country. I was just referring to an article I read and it's affect on me.I am proud of My Country even though like us we can do better if truely "In GOD we trust" and act like it.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I am very concerned about inner city violence, violence against The Capital, shooting of unarmed people by police,(I am thankful that it's been mighty quiet on that.front since.the trial) ,voter suppression laws passed passed by State Legislatures,and the most grievous is the falling away of the Faith in GOD in this Christian based country. I was just referring to an article I read and it's affect on me.I am proud of My Country even though like us we can do better if truely "In GOD we trust" and act like it.

"Voter suppression laws" , I am aware that 48 states have tweaked their voter laws , mainly to make it harder to cheat . In most cases the improvements made it easier to vote and gives voters more time to do it , if they are willing to make an effort to vote .

Last edited:
Reactions: MGE Dog
We have been trying to be apart of voting process for the longest. We have been begging ever since after Lincoln to be treated like You! All my life (i am 71) Black People have been made to feel like we don't belong. Things You take for granted ,we have to march,sing "We shall overcome", and darn if we aren't always dealing with Same old mess. You just can't understand how i feel and I know most of you don't give a hoot.Make an effort to vote You say, and I say all you got to do is get old enough.No.effort.at all.

Reactions: celticdawg
you barely touched on the subject of inner city violence.
again your thoughts on black on black crime? are you more worried about felons being shot by police as they fight them or the growing number of murders in the inner cities?
also are you against voters showing ID's?

My daughter in law is a pilot with Delta. She says only 3% of their pilots are female. They try to recruit females to be pilots but being an airline pilot is not a profession that most women want. I guarantee that any woman that wants to be a pilot will be given the opportunity. I am not sure there is a correlation but only 7% of the degrees in STEM subjects are female. Both my son and daughter in law have engineering degrees.

We have been trying to be apart of voting process for the longest. We have been begging ever since after Lincoln to be treated like You! All my life (i am 71) Black People have been made to feel like we don't belong. Things You take for granted ,we have to march,sing "We shall overcome", and darn if we aren't always dealing with Same old mess. You just can't understand how i feel and I know most of you don't give a hoot.Make an effort to vote You say, and I say all you got to do is get old enough.No.effort.at all.

Reactions: Spe77 and SLC_Dawg
You ask a great question. I noticed one thing is that we don't hear.each other.That's why we are so divided. What I was talking.about when I posted about my experience has went.to places that even I got lost. I was not being.critical of those Women and the progress they have made in this Country that.I am proud to be apart of. I was just saying.how in Nam it was like a crime to ask that a Black Crew flew together.When you are the only minority on a Crew you are living.a segregated life.The rest of the Crew had each other but I was on my own except in the.air.I am in Nam fighting a war and I can't enjoy being with

You ask a great question. I noticed one thing is that we don't hear.each other.That's why we are so divided. What I was talking.about when I posted about my experience has went.to places that even I got lost. I was not being.critical of those Women and the progress they have made in this Country that.I am proud to be apart of. I was just saying.how in Nam it was like a crime to ask that a Black Crew flew together.When you are the only minority on a Crew you are living.a segregated life.The rest of the Crew had each other but I was on my own except in the.air.I am in Nam fighting a war and I can't enjoy being with able to feel as The Whites.I don't think and I know none of them wanted to change places with me. Why can't a all Black Crew broadcast an SEC game.Why in 21 would it.be.a story?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT