ADVERTISEMENT

Quick ramblings

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
1) It sucks Georgia can’t seem to beat Alabama. The narrative is set, though. I fear Bama is now in Georgia’s heads much like Florida was for so many years.

2) A lot of talk about Beck, Bobo, and this offense. This offense has to find its identity much like Bama did last year. Maybe that happened last night.

3) The bigger issue to me is the defense. All I heard is how good they were. Bama made this defense look like a Pop Warner defense. Give Georgia credit for second half adjustments but, with 2 weeks to prepare for Milroe, I am scratching my head over the complete incompetence displayed in the first half. And for once it would be nice for the defense to make a big stop to seal a win rather than give up a game winning play.

4) We can talk resiliency until we are blue in the face but at some point resiliency has to turn into wins in big games and big moments against a better opponent. It’s exhausting when these big games always seem to feature Georgia on the losing end. I’m tired of watching epic highlights of big plays being made against Georgia.

5) This loss stings from a pride standpoint. Part of Kirby’s legacy right now - fair or unfair - is he cannot beat Alabama. But, it’s one loss. Nick Saban, the best CFB coach in history, never had an undefeated season before winning a National Championship.

6) Georgia wins if this game is in Athens. The game should have been played in Athens as it was Georgia’s turn to host. FTMF in Birmingham.

7) I don’t like where CFB is or where it is going. I don’t think Georgia has the kind of resources or irresponsible crazed alumni and donors who will spend any amount of money to be competitive in one sport like their entire life depends on it. But I fear that is what will be required to stay relevant in CFB, unless all this nonsense gets reigned in. And I fear Kirby won’t have the desire to endure this nonsense if it continues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.