ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Story

thethr1ll

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2009
Told this one before here, but it seems relevant now.

When I was a junior at UGA, I took Honors Marine Biology. Part of the course included a three day class trip to Florida for some hands on learning. Of course, the big draw for me was that every student in the course got “assigned” a few football players to shuttle down on a lengthy road trip. As an avid member of the Vent, I figured this would be a great opportunity to get sole insider information on the team. We were headed into 2008 as the #1 team in the land, and I wanted to know if we were winning a national title.

Anyway, I got matched up with Danny Ware, Thomas Brown, and Charles Johnson. The four of us loaded up my 98 Civic and hit the road. About three hours in, I exhausted my questions and was struggling to keep my eyes open. Danny volunteered to drive. About an hour later, I woke up to what felt like hurricane force winds. Danny was topping 100 somewhere around Waycross. Needless to say, I volunteered to take over the driving duties.

Later, I asked Danny if he was worried about getting pulled over by the cops. He told me that it wasn’t an issue. He would just tell them who he was, and they would let him go. The other passengers didn’t seem concerned in the slightest.

I guess the point of the story is that this issue isn’t a new one. I don’t know what the fix is, but the youthful sense of immortality has persisted through the Richt and Smart eras.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.