ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thoughts

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
There’s no sugar coating this one. Everything that makes you uneasy about this team reared its ugly head today. No doubt this is the worst Georgia has looked all season.

The good news is it was so bad, around the 4th or 5th inning our guys were probably thinking more about what to order for take-out tonight than they were about winning this game. I’m not that worried about their mindset for tomorrow. I would think it is much easier to move on from a loss like this than it is to lose a 10th inning heart breaker.

That all said when you get to this level of the post-season, defense and pitching are critical and both are glaring deficiencies this team has struggled with all year. Teams know how to limit Georgia’s offensive power - throw pitchers who who have good off-speed pitches in their arsenals and know how to use them.

I believe Georgia can rebound and win tomorrow. But the one thing I am most worried about is the bats. Georgia hasn’t looked like the power offense they have been known for all season. Condon has only one home run in the post-season and that was in his first bat against Army. That is crazy. Hopefully the offense gets going tomorrow. It will have to if Georgia hopes to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News