ADVERTISEMENT

Reclayhound's Wednesday Morning Ramblings..........Enjoy............

redclayhound

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
32.9815°N, 82.8101°W
chStUPMp.jpg

Good morning UJD, 911, and all you truly good yet deplorable Dawgs (you know who you are and who you ain’t)……Hump Day……..I hope y’all are up and at ‘em and ready for today’s challenges……Don’t step in a hole……Hug your loved ones, and it doesn’t hurt to tell them you love ‘em………Have a nice day my friends (after you read my ramblings for today)…….

tenor.gif

UGA SPORTS SPOTLIGHT:

I’m gonna mention a Dawg great in the UGA football spotlight section this morning, just to make sure at least something Dawg is mentioned today in this “DAWGChat” forum………Today’s DGD in the spotlight is former Dawg Running Back Bertrand Franklin Jackson……..Know him???......Think about that name for a moment……

The top shelf of upper echelon Running Backs at UGA fills up right quick, but that don’t mean the next shelf of RBs at UGA isn’t chockfull of some very good and exciting players……..Today’s DGD in the spoylight is one of them……..Quite frankly, this guy was one of the more exciting players at UGA that I have seen……I loved to see him when the UGA coaches put the ball in his hands………OK, Bertrand Franklin Jackson is aka Tron Jackson…..

Tron came to UGA from Liberty HS in Greenville, South Carolina……He was highly recruited out of high school……After all, he was the South Carolina AA Player of the Year……he played in the 1981 Shrine Bowl (South Carolina’s HS All-Star annual game……he was an honorable mention HS All-American……he was the South Carolina HS State Champion in both the 100m and 200m dashes……brought a 10.3 sec 100m sprint and a 21.1 sec 200m sprint times to UGA…… rushed 189 times for 1,656 yards as a HS senior……..that’s an 8.8 yards per carry every time he ran the football……….he was known as the “electron bomb”, later shortened to just “electron” in college……..

Tron%20Jackson%20RB.jpg

All those impressive numbers don’t mean much when you step right into a depth chart with a young bull named Herschel Walker as the polesitter…….Kick in a Carnie Norris, Matt Simon, and Barry Young and you’ve got your work cut out for you to see playing time……

Tron was hampered by injuries throughout his UGA career…….he missed the entire 1981 (his freshman year) with a knee injury…….thus he was redshirted.....1982: Tron was second on the team on the team with TDs scored……..Coaches all agreed Tron was electrifying……..he scored on runs of 36 and 14 yards vs Georgia Tech (I love that)…….Tron averaged a whopping 8.2 yards per carry in this, his redshirt freshman year……His most “electrifying run” of 1982 was a 41 yard TD vs Clemson called back because of clipping…..Dawgnation knew right then just how promising Tron Jackson was gonna be……Then comes 1983: Tron had a great Spring and G-Day game…….coaches voted him “Most Promising Sophomore”……he appeared in all 10 regular season games and averaged 6.9 yards per carry for the season….Tron was the only UGA RB to gain 100+ yards in a game in the 1983 season (105 yards vs Temple)……..Injuries continued to hamper Tron’s performances right on through his senior season ……….

Tron left UGA after his senior season gaining 1400 yards of total offense and scored 9 TDs……Those are not the most impressive numbers you’ll see at UGA, but Tron was fun to watch……he was like a lit cherry bomb……he was impressive…..he was exciting……he was, well, “electrifying”…….he was indeed an “electron bomb”…….Tron Jackson, a DGD……..

SOME “DID YOU KNOW STUFF?” ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY:

giphy.gif

479 years ago today, King Henry VIII orders a bible in English be placed in every church in England

287 years ago today, 1st international boxing match: Bob Whittaker beats Tito di Carni

233 years ago today, 1st African American Masonic Lodge (African # 459) forms Prince Hall, Boston

185 years ago today, James Gordon Bennett, Sr. publishes the first issue of the New York Herald (price 1 cent)

184 years ago today, US blacksmith John Deere creates the first steel plough in Grand Detour, Illinois

PatentYogi_This-Day-in-Patent-History_February-21-2.jpg

169 years ago today, Dr John Gorrie patents a "refrigeration machine"

Also 169 years ago today, Linus Yale patents Yale lock

167 years ago today, 1st major US rail disaster kills 46 (Norwalk, Connecticut)

143 years ago today, Chief Crazy Horse surrendered to U.S. troops in Nebraska

138 years ago today, regarding Chinese Exclusion Act: US Congress ceases Chinese immigration

131 years ago today, World's Fair in Paris opens with the recently completed Eiffel Tower serving as the entrance arch

124 years ago today, Samuel Pierpont Langley flies his unpiloted Number 5 aircraft using a catapult launch from a boat on the Potomac River, USA. The aircraft travels almost 3/4 of a mile - ten times further than any previous heavier-than-air flying machine

The_Langley_Aerodrome%2C_Wright_Brothers_National_Memorial%2C_1903._%282dd3008005834585a66f650b5a576477%29.jpg

118 years ago today, British SS Camorta sinks off Rangoon; 739 die

116 years ago today, American Lung Association holds its 1st meeting

114 years ago today, "Temporary" permit to erect overhead wires on Market Street, San Francisco allows United Railroads to run electric streetcars

105 years ago today, Red Sox Babe Ruth pitching debut & 1st HR, loses to Yanks 4-3 in 15

99 years ago today, American Soccer League forms

95 years ago today, Ty Cobb hits his 5th home run in 2 games tying Cap Ansons record of 1884

91 years ago today, AL announces it will discontinue MVP award

Also 91 years ago today, New York to San Francisco footrace begins

86 years ago today, Red Sox score 12 runs in 4th inning including record 4 consecutive triples hit by Carl Reynolds, Moose Solters, Rick Ferrell, and B Walters

85 years ago today, FDR creates the Works Progress Administration (WPA)

83 years ago today, German airship Hindenburg explodes in flames at Lakehurst, New Jersey, killing 35 of the 97 on board and 1 on the ground

hindenburg.jpg

82 years ago today, Dutch writer Maurits Dekker sentenced to 50 days for "offending a friendly head of state" (Adolf Hitler)

80 years ago today, Pulitzer prize awarded to John Steinbeck for "The Grapes of Wrath"

79 years ago today, Joseph Stalin becomes Premier of the Soviet Union, replacing his foreign minister Vyacheslav Molotov

Also 79 years ago today, at California's March Field, Bob Hope performs his first USO show

la-1544558511-gingmxjtti-snap-image

75 years ago today, World War II: Axis Sally delivers her last propaganda broadcast to Allied troops (first was on December 11, 1941)

74 years ago today, the New York Yankees became the first major league baseball team to travel by plane

70 years ago today, Elizabeth Taylor's 1st marriage:: This one to Conrad Hilton, Jr.

67 years ago today, St. Louis Browns pitcher (and Athens, Ga resident) Bobo Holloman MLB debut; no-hits Philadelphia A's, 6-0

66 years ago today, Roger Bannister of the UK becomes the 1st person to run a 4 minute mile, recording 3:59:4 at Iffley Road, Oxford

65 years ago today, West Germany joins NATO

63 years ago today, last broadcast of "I Love Lucy" on CBS-TV

HT_I_Love_Lucy_Episode1_MEM_161014_16x9_992.jpg

Also 63 years ago today, Pulitzer prize awarded to John F. Kennedy (Profiles in Courage)

61 years ago today, Iceland gunboats shoot at British fishing vessels

60 years ago today, US President Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960

58 years ago today, 1st nuclear warhead fired from Polaris submarine (Ethan Allen)

Trident_missile_launch.jpg

54 years ago today, The Rolling Stones release "Paint it Black" in the US

53 years ago today, 400 students seize administration building at Cheyney State College, Pennsylvania

52 years ago today, street battle between students & troops in Paris, 1,000 injured

Also 52 years ago today, Giants reliever Lindy McDaniel sets NL record of 225th consecutive errorless game (108 chances consecutively since June 16, 1964)

Again 52 years ago today, Spain closes border to Gibraltar except to Spaniards

44 years ago today, an earthquake strikes Friuli in Northern Italy, causes 989 deaths and the destruction of entire villages

42 years ago today, 104th Kentucky Derby: Steve Cauthen wins aboard Affirmed - first and only Derby victory and 1st-leg of Triple Crown for Affirmed in 1978

s-l1600.jpg

41 years ago today, Fred Markham set a bicycle speed record of 818 kph over 200 m

39 years ago today, US expels Libyan diplomats

38 years ago today, Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act, which barred Chinese immigrants from the United States for 10 years

Also 38 years ago today, Seattle Mariner Gaylord Perry becomes 15th pitcher to win 300 games

36 years ago today, Baltimore Oriole Cal Ripken Jr hits for cycle

33 years ago today, American televangelist Jim Bakker and Rich Dortch dismissed from Assemblies of God after revelations of an alleged rape of a church secretary

And 33 years ago today, Gary Hart denies affair with model Donna Rice

5bf565c6e7857.image.jpg

Also 33 years ago today, Mario Andretti sets one-lap speed record at Indy at 218.204 MPH

Again 33 years ago today, Niroslav Milhailovic begins 54 hours of telling jokes

32 years ago today, Doughnutgate incident: NJ Devils' coach Jim Schoenfeld tells referee Don Koharski to 'eat another doughnut you fat pig!,' he is suspended

30 years ago today, Tom Cruise is ticketed for careless operation of a vehicle in South Carolina

29 years ago today, Harry Gant is oldest NASCAR winner

Also 29 years ago today, Seppo Raty of Finland sets javelin record to 301' 9"

26 years ago today, Channel tunnel linking England & France officially opens

And 26 years ago today, former Arkansas state worker Paula Jones filed suit against U.S. President Clinton………The case alleged that he had sexually harassed her in 1991

Also 26 years ago today, Nelson Mandela finally confirmed winner in South Africa's first post apartheid election

25 years ago today, Classic Sports Network begins on cable TV

24 years ago today, the body of former CIA director William Colby is found washed up on a riverbank in southern Maryland, eight days after he disappeared.

23 years ago today, Army Staff Sgt Delmar Simpson gets 25-year sentence for raping six trainees at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland

Also 23 years ago today, Michael Jackson & Bee Gees inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Again 23 years ago today, Rick Pitino becomes coach of Boston Celtics

1262495_786720-Buckley1.jpg

22 years ago today, Kerry Wood strikes out 20 Houston Astros to tie the major league record held by Roger Clemens. He threw a one-hitter and did not walk a batter in his 5th career start

18 years ago today, "Spider-Man" became the first movie to make more than $100 million in its first weekend.

16 years ago today, TV sitcom "Friends" airs season finale in 10th and final season in US (52.5 million viewers)

Friends-TV-show-on-NBC-canceled-no-season-11.jpg

7 years ago today, Wal-Mart revenue exceeds that of Exxon Mobil, becoming the largest company by revenue on the Fortune 500 list

Also, 7 years ago today, three women are rescued from a Cleveland, Ohio, house where they had been imprisoned for many years by their abductor, 52-year-old Ariel Castro, an unemployed bus driver

3 years ago today, 84 abducted schoolgirls released in exchange for Boko Haram suspects in Nigeria

Also 3 years ago today, France bans too thin fashion models and makes labeling of digitally enhanced photos mandatory

One year ago today, one million plant and animal species are now at risk of extinction according to a major new UN report

Also one year ago today, Pablo Sandoval becomes second MLB player since 1900 to throw a scoreless outing, hit a home run and steal a base in the same game in SF Giants' 12-4 loss in Cincinnati; he joins Christy Mathewson 1905

SOME FOLKS WHO DIED ON THIS DATE

15501006471_d35bc16e5a_b.jpg

Lyman Frank Baum, American author (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

Chucky Mullins, American football player at Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) best known for the devastating football injury that left him a quadriplegic

Thomas A Carlin, American actor (played Sandy McFiddish, the golf course superintendent in Caddy Shack)

Marlene Dietrich, German American actress and singer (The Blue Angel, Shanghai Express)

Otis Blackwell, American songwriter, his compositions include "Great Balls of Fire" recorded by Jerry Lee Lewis; "Don't Be Cruel", "All Shook Up" and "Return to Sender" recorded by Elvis Presley; and "Handy Man" recorded by Jimmy Jones

Robin Roberts, American Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher (won 28 consecutive complete games 1952-53)

George Smith Lindsey, American character actor (Goober Pyle--The Andy Griffith Show and Hee-Haw)

Guy Williams, actor (Zorro, Lost in Space)

SOME FOLKS BORN ON THIS DATE:

y85bf.jpg

Robert Peary, American arctic explorer (North Pole-Apr 6 1909)

Sigmund Freud, Austrian neurologist and father of psychology

Amadeo Giannini, American banker and entrepreneur (founded Bank of America)

Rudolph Valentino, Italian actor and silent movie idol (The Sheik, Eagle)

Raymond Bailey, American actor (best known as wealthy banker Milburn Drysdale in the television series The Beverly Hillbillies)

Weeb Ewbank, American NFL coach (Baltimore Colts, NY Jets)

Willie Mays, American Baseball Legend

Orson Welles, American actor, director, producer, screenwriter

Tony Blair, Scottish/English politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Tim Simpson, PGA golfer (UGA)

Bob Seger, American rocker, Silver Bullet Band (Old Time Rock & Roll)

George Clooney, American actor

Lori Singer, actress, (Jurasic Park)

TODAY’S @$$HOLE OF THE DAY:

1hh5qj.jpg

There’s some good choices for the AOTD mentioned today, but I think it comes down to Bill Clinton, George Clooney, or Ariel Castro……….Sorry Triple D, I’m gonna pass on Clooney once again, but I promise I’ll crown him some time in the future…..he’s just a regular @$$Hole today......And Bill Clinton, you're on the list every day because you're an @$$Hole every day.......I'll get you later too………OK Ariel Castro, step up on the throne and put on that crown……..

Let’s don’t beat around the bush here……most middle aged men still love sex……I don’t begrudge him for that…….And admit it, sex with a variety of women would be nice too……..I don’t begrudge him for feeling like that either……

But where in the h@ll does kidnapping, torture, repeated rape for 10 years (you have got to be kidding me) fit into sexual fulfillment?……..Now this is where it takes a crazy SOB to even think such a thing, much less live it…….How in the h@ll he accomplished this is, well, sickening, but amazing…….I just hope he’s burning in the hottest spot in hell today and every day from now on……..locked up in h@ll, just like those poor women were……

The wait is over……….Ariel Castro, you are a low-life sorry POS, if ever there was one……..You are also the @$$Hole of the Day………Hell may not be good enough for you…….

As always my good Dawg friends, I hope y’all have a Great Bulldawg Day…..Stay Safe…..help MAGA…….and God Bless…….

cb08c0d7b0e7449f2273183a77e6186d.png

0cb42d7c7f68fed8519555dd846b307b.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic, rch. To paraphrase, I love the smell of called out a-holes in the morning"

So many a-holes that Rick Pitino wasn't even a finalist for today's honor.

Mention of 88 years ago, the Red Sox scored 12 runs in the 4th inning of a game brings back memories of the horrors of the 1st inning of the Braves-Cardinals game last October. Hope Ariel Castro was required to watch the last 8 innings of that.

chStUPMp.jpg

Good morning UJD, 911, and all you truly good yet deplorable Dawgs (you know who you are and who you ain’t)……Hump Day……..I hope y’all are up and at ‘em and ready for today’s challenges……Don’t step in a hole……Hug your loved ones, and it doesn’t hurt to tell them you love ‘em………Have a nice day my friends (after you read my ramblings for today)…….

tenor.gif

UGA SPORTS SPOTLIGHT:

I’m gonna mention a Dawg great in the UGA football spotlight section this morning, just to make sure at least something Dawg is mentioned today in this “DAWGChat” forum………Today’s DGD in the spotlight is former Dawg Running Back Bertrand Franklin Jackson……..Know him???......Think about that name for a moment……

The top shelf of upper echelon Running Backs at UGA fills up right quick, but that don’t mean the next shelf of RBs at UGA isn’t chockfull of some very good and exciting players……..Today’s DGD in the spoylight is one of them……..Quite frankly, this guy was one of the more exciting players at UGA that I have seen……I loved to see him when the UGA coaches put the ball in his hands………OK, Bertrand Franklin Jackson is aka Tron Jackson…..

Tron came to UGA from Liberty HS in Greenville, South Carolina……He was highly recruited out of high school……After all, he was the South Carolina AA Player of the Year……he played in the 1981 Shrine Bowl (South Carolina’s HS All-Star annual game……he was an honorable mention HS All-American……he was the South Carolina HS State Champion in both the 100m and 200m dashes……brought a 10.3 sec 100m sprint and a 21.1 sec 200m sprint times to UGA…… rushed 189 times for 1,656 yards as a HS senior……..that’s an 8.8 yards per carry every time he ran the football……….he was known as the “electron bomb”, later shortened to just “electron” in college……..

Tron%20Jackson%20RB.jpg

All those impressive numbers don’t mean much when you step right into a depth chart with a young bull named Herschel Walker as the polesitter…….Kick in a Carnie Norris, Matt Simon, and Barry Young and you’ve got your work cut out for you to see playing time……

Tron was hampered by injuries throughout his UGA career…….he missed the entire 1981 (his freshman year) with a knee injury…….thus he was redshirted.....1982: Tron was second on the team on the team with TDs scored……..Coaches all agreed Tron was electrifying……..he scored on runs of 36 and 14 yards vs Georgia Tech (I love that)…….Tron averaged a whopping 8.2 yards per carry in this, his redshirt freshman year……His most “electrifying run” of 1982 was a 41 yard TD vs Clemson called back because of clipping…..Dawgnation knew right then just how promising Tron Jackson was gonna be……Then comes 1983: Tron had a great Spring and G-Day game…….coaches voted him “Most Promising Sophomore”……he appeared in all 10 regular season games and averaged 6.9 yards per carry for the season….Tron was the only UGA RB to gain 100+ yards in a game in the 1983 season (105 yards vs Temple)……..Injuries continued to hamper Tron’s performances right on through his senior season ……….

Tron left UGA after his senior season gaining 1400 yards of total offense and scored 9 TDs……Those are not the most impressive numbers you’ll see at UGA, but Tron was fun to watch……he was like a lit cherry bomb……he was impressive…..he was exciting……he was, well, “electrifying”…….he was indeed an “electron bomb”…….Tron Jackson, a DGD……..

SOME “DID YOU KNOW STUFF?” ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY:

giphy.gif

479 years ago today, King Henry VIII orders a bible in English be placed in every church in England

287 years ago today, 1st international boxing match: Bob Whittaker beats Tito di Carni

233 years ago today, 1st African American Masonic Lodge (African # 459) forms Prince Hall, Boston

185 years ago today, James Gordon Bennett, Sr. publishes the first issue of the New York Herald (price 1 cent)

184 years ago today, US blacksmith John Deere creates the first steel plough in Grand Detour, Illinois

PatentYogi_This-Day-in-Patent-History_February-21-2.jpg

169 years ago today, Dr John Gorrie patents a "refrigeration machine"

Also 169 years ago today, Linus Yale patents Yale lock

167 years ago today, 1st major US rail disaster kills 46 (Norwalk, Connecticut)

143 years ago today, Chief Crazy Horse surrendered to U.S. troops in Nebraska

138 years ago today, regarding Chinese Exclusion Act: US Congress ceases Chinese immigration

131 years ago today, World's Fair in Paris opens with the recently completed Eiffel Tower serving as the entrance arch

124 years ago today, Samuel Pierpont Langley flies his unpiloted Number 5 aircraft using a catapult launch from a boat on the Potomac River, USA. The aircraft travels almost 3/4 of a mile - ten times further than any previous heavier-than-air flying machine

The_Langley_Aerodrome%2C_Wright_Brothers_National_Memorial%2C_1903._%282dd3008005834585a66f650b5a576477%29.jpg

118 years ago today, British SS Camorta sinks off Rangoon; 739 die

116 years ago today, American Lung Association holds its 1st meeting

114 years ago today, "Temporary" permit to erect overhead wires on Market Street, San Francisco allows United Railroads to run electric streetcars

105 years ago today, Red Sox Babe Ruth pitching debut & 1st HR, loses to Yanks 4-3 in 15

99 years ago today, American Soccer League forms

95 years ago today, Ty Cobb hits his 5th home run in 2 games tying Cap Ansons record of 1884

91 years ago today, AL announces it will discontinue MVP award

Also 91 years ago today, New York to San Francisco footrace begins

86 years ago today, Red Sox score 12 runs in 4th inning including record 4 consecutive triples hit by Carl Reynolds, Moose Solters, Rick Ferrell, and B Walters

85 years ago today, FDR creates the Works Progress Administration (WPA)

83 years ago today, German airship Hindenburg explodes in flames at Lakehurst, New Jersey, killing 35 of the 97 on board and 1 on the ground

hindenburg.jpg

82 years ago today, Dutch writer Maurits Dekker sentenced to 50 days for "offending a friendly head of state" (Adolf Hitler)

80 years ago today, Pulitzer prize awarded to John Steinbeck for "The Grapes of Wrath"

79 years ago today, Joseph Stalin becomes Premier of the Soviet Union, replacing his foreign minister Vyacheslav Molotov

Also 79 years ago today, at California's March Field, Bob Hope performs his first USO show

la-1544558511-gingmxjtti-snap-image

75 years ago today, World War II: Axis Sally delivers her last propaganda broadcast to Allied troops (first was on December 11, 1941)

74 years ago today, the New York Yankees became the first major league baseball team to travel by plane

70 years ago today, Elizabeth Taylor's 1st marriage:: This one to Conrad Hilton, Jr.

67 years ago today, St. Louis Browns pitcher (and Athens, Ga resident) Bobo Holloman MLB debut; no-hits Philadelphia A's, 6-0

66 years ago today, Roger Bannister of the UK becomes the 1st person to run a 4 minute mile, recording 3:59:4 at Iffley Road, Oxford

65 years ago today, West Germany joins NATO

63 years ago today, last broadcast of "I Love Lucy" on CBS-TV

HT_I_Love_Lucy_Episode1_MEM_161014_16x9_992.jpg

Also 63 years ago today, Pulitzer prize awarded to John F. Kennedy (Profiles in Courage)

61 years ago today, Iceland gunboats shoot at British fishing vessels

60 years ago today, US President Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960

58 years ago today, 1st nuclear warhead fired from Polaris submarine (Ethan Allen)

Trident_missile_launch.jpg

54 years ago today, The Rolling Stones release "Paint it Black" in the US

53 years ago today, 400 students seize administration building at Cheyney State College, Pennsylvania

52 years ago today, street battle between students & troops in Paris, 1,000 injured

Also 52 years ago today, Giants reliever Lindy McDaniel sets NL record of 225th consecutive errorless game (108 chances consecutively since June 16, 1964)

Again 52 years ago today, Spain closes border to Gibraltar except to Spaniards

44 years ago today, an earthquake strikes Friuli in Northern Italy, causes 989 deaths and the destruction of entire villages

42 years ago today, 104th Kentucky Derby: Steve Cauthen wins aboard Affirmed - first and only Derby victory and 1st-leg of Triple Crown for Affirmed in 1978

s-l1600.jpg

41 years ago today, Fred Markham set a bicycle speed record of 818 kph over 200 m

39 years ago today, US expels Libyan diplomats

38 years ago today, Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act, which barred Chinese immigrants from the United States for 10 years

Also 38 years ago today, Seattle Mariner Gaylord Perry becomes 15th pitcher to win 300 games

36 years ago today, Baltimore Oriole Cal Ripken Jr hits for cycle

33 years ago today, American televangelist Jim Bakker and Rich Dortch dismissed from Assemblies of God after revelations of an alleged rape of a church secretary

And 33 years ago today, Gary Hart denies affair with model Donna Rice

5bf565c6e7857.image.jpg

Also 33 years ago today, Mario Andretti sets one-lap speed record at Indy at 218.204 MPH

Again 33 years ago today, Niroslav Milhailovic begins 54 hours of telling jokes

32 years ago today, Doughnutgate incident: NJ Devils' coach Jim Schoenfeld tells referee Don Koharski to 'eat another doughnut you fat pig!,' he is suspended

30 years ago today, Tom Cruise is ticketed for careless operation of a vehicle in South Carolina

29 years ago today, Harry Gant is oldest NASCAR winner

Also 29 years ago today, Seppo Raty of Finland sets javelin record to 301' 9"

26 years ago today, Channel tunnel linking England & France officially opens

And 26 years ago today, former Arkansas state worker Paula Jones filed suit against U.S. President Clinton………The case alleged that he had sexually harassed her in 1991

Also 26 years ago today, Nelson Mandela finally confirmed winner in South Africa's first post apartheid election

25 years ago today, Classic Sports Network begins on cable TV

24 years ago today, the body of former CIA director William Colby is found washed up on a riverbank in southern Maryland, eight days after he disappeared.

23 years ago today, Army Staff Sgt Delmar Simpson gets 25-year sentence for raping six trainees at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland

Also 23 years ago today, Michael Jackson & Bee Gees inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Again 23 years ago today, Rick Pitino becomes coach of Boston Celtics

1262495_786720-Buckley1.jpg

22 years ago today, Kerry Wood strikes out 20 Houston Astros to tie the major league record held by Roger Clemens. He threw a one-hitter and did not walk a batter in his 5th career start

18 years ago today, "Spider-Man" became the first movie to make more than $100 million in its first weekend.

16 years ago today, TV sitcom "Friends" airs season finale in 10th and final season in US (52.5 million viewers)

Friends-TV-show-on-NBC-canceled-no-season-11.jpg

7 years ago today, Wal-Mart revenue exceeds that of Exxon Mobil, becoming the largest company by revenue on the Fortune 500 list

Also, 7 years ago today, three women are rescued from a Cleveland, Ohio, house where they had been imprisoned for many years by their abductor, 52-year-old Ariel Castro, an unemployed bus driver

3 years ago today, 84 abducted schoolgirls released in exchange for Boko Haram suspects in Nigeria

Also 3 years ago today, France bans too thin fashion models and makes labeling of digitally enhanced photos mandatory

One year ago today, one million plant and animal species are now at risk of extinction according to a major new UN report

Also one year ago today, Pablo Sandoval becomes second MLB player since 1900 to throw a scoreless outing, hit a home run and steal a base in the same game in SF Giants' 12-4 loss in Cincinnati; he joins Christy Mathewson 1905

SOME FOLKS WHO DIED ON THIS DATE

15501006471_d35bc16e5a_b.jpg

Lyman Frank Baum, American author (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

Chucky Mullins, American football player at Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) best known for the devastating football injury that left him a quadriplegic

Thomas A Carlin, American actor (played Sandy McFiddish, the golf course superintendent in Caddy Shack)

Marlene Dietrich, German American actress and singer (The Blue Angel, Shanghai Express)

Otis Blackwell, American songwriter, his compositions include "Great Balls of Fire" recorded by Jerry Lee Lewis; "Don't Be Cruel", "All Shook Up" and "Return to Sender" recorded by Elvis Presley; and "Handy Man" recorded by Jimmy Jones

Robin Roberts, American Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher (won 28 consecutive complete games 1952-53)

George Smith Lindsey, American character actor (Goober Pyle--The Andy Griffith Show and Hee-Haw)

Guy Williams, actor (Zorro, Lost in Space)

SOME FOLKS BORN ON THIS DATE:

y85bf.jpg

Robert Peary, American arctic explorer (North Pole-Apr 6 1909)

Sigmund Freud, Austrian neurologist and father of psychology

Amadeo Giannini, American banker and entrepreneur (founded Bank of America)

Rudolph Valentino, Italian actor and silent movie idol (The Sheik, Eagle)

Raymond Bailey, American actor (best known as wealthy banker Milburn Drysdale in the television series The Beverly Hillbillies)

Weeb Ewbank, American NFL coach (Baltimore Colts, NY Jets)

Willie Mays, American Baseball Legend

Orson Welles, American actor, director, producer, screenwriter

Tony Blair, Scottish/English politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Tim Simpson, PGA golfer (UGA)

Bob Seger, American rocker, Silver Bullet Band (Old Time Rock & Roll)

George Clooney, American actor

Lori Singer, actress, (Jurasic Park)

1hh5qj.jpg

There’s some good choices for the AOTD mentioned today, but I think it comes down to Bill Clinton, George Clooney, or Ariel Castro……….Sorry Triple D, I’m gonna pass on Clooney once again, but I promise I’ll crown him some time in the future…..he’s just a regular @$$Hole today......And Bill Clinton, you're on the list every day because you're an @$$Hole every day.......I'll get you later too………OK Ariel Castro, step up on the throne and put on that crown……..

Let’s don’t beat around the bush here……most middle aged men still love sex……I don’t begrudge him for that…….And admit it, sex with a variety of women would be nice too……..I don’t begrudge him for feeling like that either……

But where in the h@ll does kidnapping, torture, repeated rape for 10 years (you have got to be kidding me) fit into sexual fulfillment?……..Now this is where it takes a crazy SOB to even think such a thing, much less live it…….How in the h@ll he accomplished this is, well, sickening, but amazing…….I just hope he’s burning in the hottest spot in hell today and every day from now on……..locked up in h@ll, just like those poor women were……

The wait is over……….Ariel Castro, you are a low-life sorry POS, if ever there was one……..You are also the @$$Hole of the Day………Hell may not be good enough for you…….

As always my good Dawg friends, I hope y’all have a Great Bulldawg Day…..Stay Safe…..help MAGA…….and God Bless…….

Orson was one of my favorite and his acting was great in many movies.. Thanks RCH for your monumental efforts.. 65

[QUOTE

1hh5qj.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Stellar effort as always rch, and an excellent AOTD choice. AXIS Sally was a miserable whore, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT