ADVERTISEMENT

Resolved: On this Independence Day, let us reflect on the freedoms lost and (somewhat) regained...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
from the last 18 months, and resolve that we won't let these dumbasses do this to us again.

Florida shows that we could have saved just as many lives without declaring nuclear war upon our schools and school children, our livelihoods, and our basic freedoms.

And I know full well it just pisses some people off to no end when I say "freedoms". That is precisely why we need to raise appropriate hell. Those folks need to backed off and kept at a safe distance and never allowed to do what they have done the last year and a half again.

Yesterday I got (another) memo from our suppliers talking about how bad the supply situation is, how bad inflation already is (and is likely to continue to be), and how so much of it is tied (based on data they provided) directly to COVID-19 policies we chose and now have to (literally) pay for.

Amateur hour, that lasted for a year and a half. The same folks who ran the Post Office into the ground, given unprecedented "emergency powers" who then promptly flew the whole thing into the side of the mountain.

Independence Day actually means something, the Rona Bros sneering condemnation notwithstanding. The great thing about a free country/economy/society is that it is both simultaneously imperfect while also being the fastest self-correcting system ever devised.

from the last 18 months, and resolve that we won't let these dumbasses do this to us again.

Florida shows that we could have saved just as many lives without declaring nuclear war upon our schools and school children, our livelihoods, and our basic freedoms.

And I know full well it just pisses some people off to no end when I say "freedoms". That is precisely why we need to raise appropriate hell. Those folks need to backed off and kept at a safe distance and never allowed to do what they have done the last year and a half again.

Yesterday I got (another) memo from our suppliers talking about how bad the supply situation is, how bad inflation already is (and is likely to continue to be), and how so much of it is tied (based on data they provided) directly to COVID-19 policies we chose and now have to (literally) pay for.

Amateur hour, that lasted for a year and a half. The same folks who ran the Post Office into the ground, given unprecedented "emergency powers" who then promptly flew the whole thing into the side of the mountain.

Independence Day actually means something, the Rona Bros sneering condemnation notwithstanding. The great thing about a free country/economy/society is that it is both simultaneously imperfect while also being the fastest self-correcting system ever devised.
Supply chain issues are bad and will get worse. Too much reliance on China. Trump was changing that but the swamp won’t let that happen. Inflation is going to remind some of us of the 1970s.

Supply chain issues are bad and will get worse. Too much reliance on China. Trump was changing that but the swamp won’t let that happen. Inflation is going to remind some of us of the 1970s.
I am not ready to call it reliance upon China. I think the problems are too localized and acute for that.

Literally right now in GA you cannot find a reliable supply of pine straw. In GEORGIA. And that ain't because the pine trees quit dropping needles.

Truck and transportation chokepoints, among other problems.

(Thinks to self "this is why somebody other than just epidemiologists needed to be in the room when they kept breaking s--- in the economy with no idea what they were doing"...)

I am not ready to call it reliance upon China. I think the problems are too localized and acute for that.

Literally right now in GA you cannot find a reliable supply of pine straw. In GEORGIA. And that ain't because the pine trees quit dropping needles.

(Thinks to self "this is why somebody other than just epidemiologists needed to be in the room when they kept breaking s--- in the economy with no idea what they were doing"...)
A reliable source of pine straw is what most Georgians fear.

Well, there are many issues and the Biden regime paying people To stay home is also a huge factor. I know people trying to hire truck drivers and it’s damn near impossible. Of course, we all know this is a big factor in inflation as well.

ADVERTISEMENT