ADVERTISEMENT

Revisiting a preseason prediction....and Texas

walesdawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Waleska, Ga
Most people were saying we could probably lose 2 games and still be ok for the playoffs. Finebaum says Georgia could lose maybe 3. I don't know

I, like most people, problaby assumed that if we were to lose 2 games, it would be to either Bama (because of Milroe's athleticism and being in Tusky) or Texas (being in Austin against a talented team) or Ole Miss (Lane Kiffen with a defense) or Tennessee (next best team).

I stated back in August that if we lose two, it would be to Bama and Texas because that the two I most WOULDN'T want to lose and sometimes that crap happens to me. Most of you probably felt the same way. With this new and unprecedented freedom granted to us by the expanded playoff, we ought to be able to play loose and free on Saturday. Dang that jump ball at Bama with 40 seconds left and two timeouts...but I digress.

Ole Miss and Tennessee are looking less intimidating. I say that if we beat Texas we will make the playoffs barring catastrophic injury the rest of the way. If we lose, then we are probably up against it but not down and out.

You know what I do, against popular opinion?? I mess with Texas. All the time. I like the state, but there are way too many Texans in it. They brag about everyday life as if it was something exclusive to Texas...they brag about oil money that they did nothing to earn and don't own themselves....they brag about how good they are at cooking food over an open flame, as if cave men didn't exist. They'll look you in the eyes and tell you that cheerios made in Texas, for some reason, taste better than cheerios made in other states....which is a claim I have never heard but expect to hear one day. It's a good state, but good is about it. No place like Texas? To be honest, I prefer Oklahoma. It's Texas without the pretense. I made a prediction to a colleague who is a Texas Tech man that Georgia would beat Texas by 17 points. Granted, that was before I witnessed suboptimal football the last two weeks. I had a chance to back pedal today, but I only qualified to say by double digits. This is Beck's team. Either he is a 1st round pick worth the money and Lambo and the instragram model with the nice butt, or he isn't. Time to let it rip, and know that even if it falls apart we aren't finished yet.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.