ADVERTISEMENT

Said plainly, it is a lie that unvaccinated are causing increased COVID cases right now...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Flip out if you want, panic if you choose, but you are not entitled to make up reality to screw with other people's lives.

The United Kingdom has the highest vaccination percentage in the world. Yet their positive case numbers are almost as high as the winter.

Wyoming and South Dakota have some of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country *and* some of the highest Delta variant percentages. Their numbers have not moved at all.

Other examples abound.

This will end when we extricate our heads from our hind parts, look at actual data, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Unvaccinated are not driving case increases, and it is dangerous to wrongly demonize people this way.

Flip out if you want, panic if you choose, but you are not entitled to make up reality to screw with other people's lives.

The United Kingdom has the highest vaccination percentage in the world. Yet their positive case numbers are almost as high as the winter.

Wyoming and South Dakota have some of the lowest vaccination percentages in the country *and* some of the highest Delta variant percentages. Their numbers have not moved at all.

Other examples abound.

This will end when we extricate our heads from our hind parts, look at actual data, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Unvaccinated are not driving case increases, and it is dangerous to wrongly demonize people this way.
Talk to your Dr, ignore all media re: Covid. Talk to the experts. It’s the only way to get legit info since this is politicized

Talk to your Dr, ignore all media re: Covid. Talk to the experts. It’s the only way to get legit info since this is politicized
Good info can be found but you have to know where to look and how to sort wheat from chaff.

Hard in this environment.

Literally POTUS said flatly wrong info on his town hall the other night. "If you take the vaccine you won't get COVID". Brazenly wrong.

Folks need to look at this case curve from the United Kingdom and remember it when these politicians try to demonize you for making your own choice.

It is dangerous as hell to scapegoat a class of people especially on the basis of demonstrable falsehood.

UK - with highest vaccination numbers in the world:

Not necessarily. My wife and I have a small-town independent physician who has infants and elderly as his patients. He apparently sold out and is now part of a larger physician group. He now toes the party line on the scamdemic.

Good info can be found but you have to know where to look and how to sort wheat from chaff.

Hard in this environment.

Literally POTUS said flatly wrong info on his town hall the other night. "If you take the vaccine you won't get COVID". Brazenly wrong.

Folks need to look at this case curve from the United Kingdom and remember it when these politicians try to demonize you for making your own choice.

It is dangerous as hell to scapegoat a class of people especially on the basis of demonstrable falsehood.

UK - with highest vaccination numbers in the world:

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Biden is wrong. Dr’s are 99% unbiased and are on the cutting edge of this. The data is dynamic as things are constantly changing. Some variants act very differently than others. Some shows people watch aren’t even classified as news shows, but entertainment I.E. Tucker Carlson ( not trying to pick on Fox). Drs are willing to share and some local Drs outnuosates on Facebook. Tons of Drs on Twitter to follow. Etc etc. The goal is to keep everyone healthy, Hope you are doing well

Not necessarily. My wife and I have a small-town independent physician who has infants and elderly as his patients. He apparently sold out and is now part of a larger physician group. He now toes the party line on the scamdemic.
Sad to hear, but understandable with young kids and possibly still having medical school debt. I can see why he likely has no choice.

This is our world today - betray the Hippocratic oath because otherwise you lose your license, job, career and possibly your family if you cannot support them.

I am not flipping out and I am not panicking. I am not making up any reality.

Today, my hospital told me for the next 2-4 weeks that I have to reschedule my procedures to save beds to the expected Covid cases that are coming. The Covid cases made up by over 95% unvaccinated people.

Explain to me how the unvaccinated people are not screwing up the lives of my patients.

Today, my hospital told me for the next 2-4 weeks that I have to reschedule my procedures to save beds to the expected Covid cases that are coming. The Covid cases made up by over 95% unvaccinated people.

Explain to me how the unvaccinated people are not screwing up the lives of my patients.
In Central FL, one of the two big hospital systems went to Orange from Green yesterday. Basically means restrictions on visitors and elective surgeries and masks for everyone. Heard the other is about to announce changes also. You're not alone.

I voted for Trump, Kemp, and am conservative as they get. I had asymptomatic covid, and took the vaccine 3 months later with no side effects so far.

These posts seem to polarize the ones of us that did get the vaccine, yet you say not demonize the ones that don't want the vaccine. I don't care what you do. Why don't you do what you want to do and shut up about the rest.

Last edited:

Read what I wrote:

"Unvaccinated are not driving the increase in cases".

As for hospitalization, yes I think being in a sensitive group and being unvaccinated increases your chances of going to the hospital from COVID. Said that many times here. But that is a *personal decision that only impacts the person who chooses not to get vaccinated*.

Being 70, overweight, and unvaccinated is a poor decision that could put you in the hospital or worse from COVID, but those folks are only hurting themselves. Let them live with the consequences of their decisions and otherwise let us all stay in our own lanes.

Because - again - the screaming right now is that "masks and even lockdowns may be coming back because CASES are going up due to people being unvaccinated", which is demonstrably, provably, 100% wrong.

Last edited:
I voted for Trump, Kemp, and am conservative as they get. I had asymptomatic covid, and took the vaccine 3 months later with no side effects so far.

These posts seem to polarize the ones of us that did get the vaccine, yet you say not demonize the ones that don't want the vaccine. I don't GAF what you do. Why don't you do what you want to do and stfu about the rest.
Are you directing this at me? If so not sure I understand why but glad to try to understand.

Been about as clear as I can that I support whatever decision you or others make on vaccinations. It is not me trying to meddle in other people's lives about vaccination status or other personal decisions.

In Central FL, one of the two big hospital systems went to Orange from Green yesterday. Basically means restrictions on visitors and elective surgeries and masks for everyone. Heard the other is about to announce changes also. You're not alone.
Speaking for myself, I have lost all patience with hospital capacity becoming a justification for any restrictions people want to force on others.

First, the reports of hospital capacity have been regularly exaggerated throughout this situation. For all the limited and short term crunch situations that have occurred there have been many more cases of demonstrated sensationalism.

And no - I am not minimizing what you or other health care types have done. But to a large degree the health care system needs to deal with it because the alternative - constantly meddling in people's lives and trying to control their decisions to reduce healthcare utilization - is not appropriate or even ethical IMO.

People get to make choices - even unhealthy ones - and the cost of that can actually be more burden on the healthcare system. Otherwise, you end up making all your healthcare decisions and mine too (and perhaps for my kids too the way many are suggesting) and that will *never happen* if I have anything to do with it.

But again the main point I made is not being addressed - that unvaccinated are not driving *positive case increases*. It is governmental-level deceit to keep saying this, designed to manipulate others with falsehoods.

Do you support POTUS wrongly saying "if you get a vaccine you will not get COVID?" Do you agree with the claim that "only the unvaccinated are causing cases to go up?"

But that is a *personal decision that only impacts the person who chooses not to get vaccinated*.
I agree that unvaccinated are not the only ones driving up cases. I know plenty of vaccinated people who tested positive in the past couple of months.

I disagree that a personal decision about getting vaccinated only impacts that individual. Maybe not everywhere, but individuals in my area who chose not to get vaccinated are now taking up a hospital bed that was designated for somebody else. Knowing that we can prevent this nightmare from recurring, it is just very frustrating IMO.

These posts seem to polarize the ones of us that did get the vaccine, yet you say not demonize the ones that don't want the vaccine. I don't GAF what you do. Why don't you do what you want to do and stfu about the
Are you directing this at me? If so not sure I understand why but glad to try to understand.

Been about as clear as I can that I support whatever decision you or others make on vaccinations. It is not me trying to meddle in other people's lives about vaccination status or other personal decisions.
I feel the same way as him and not towards you in any way. I feel you provide good info and help others make what they will of said info. Others on here have become almost abrasive in their criticism (and condescending) of those taking the vaccine.

I agree that unvaccinated are not the only ones driving up cases. I know plenty of vaccinated people who tested positive in the past couple of months.

I disagree that a personal decision about getting vaccinated only impacts that individual. Maybe not everywhere, but individuals in my area who chose not to get vaccinated are now taking up a hospital bed that was designated for somebody else. Knowing that we can prevent this nightmare from recurring, it is just very frustrating IMO.

I think this is the disconnect. I'm 59 and due to arthritis in both knees and one shoulder, I'm not in the greatest shape of my life. I took the jab and encourage all in my demo to strongly consider the vaccine. However, I want it explained to me like I'm a child why the government has been pushing the jab since day one over the immunity developed by those that have already defeated covid. I want to see actual numbers and proof that children and young adults are safer after the jab than before the jab.

What I don't want to hear is everybody should take a vaccine for a disease that rarely produces catastrophic outcomes in a younger demo and can be shown to mostly produce catastrophic outcomes in easily identifiable demos. Iows, even though I've taken the jab, you would just about have to kill me to stick that needle in my 12 yr old gymnast granddaughter's arm because a bunch of overweight middle agers are taking up hospital beds.

I think this is the disconnect. I'm 59 and due to arthritis in both knees and one shoulder, I'm not in the greatest shape of my life. I took the jab and encourage all in my demo to strongly consider the vaccine. However, I want it explained to me like I'm a child why the government has been pushing the jab since day one over the immunity developed by those that have already defeated covid. I want to see actual numbers and proof that children and young adults are safer after the jab than before the jab.

What I don't want to hear is everybody should take a vaccine for a disease that rarely produces catastrophic outcomes in a younger demo and can be shown to mostly produce catastrophic outcomes in easily identifiable demos. Iows, even though I've taken the jab, you would just about have to kill me to stick that needle in my 12 yr old gymnast granddaughter's arm because a bunch of overweight middle agers are taking up hospital beds.
Amen. Fight like hell for your granddaughter. ZERO reason for her to get this $hit injected into her.

These posts seem to polarize the ones of us that did get the vaccine, yet you say not demonize the ones that don't want the vaccine. I don't GAF what you do. Why don't you do what you want to do and stfu about the rest.
Lol thats not how is works buddy.
The government is blaming the unvaccinated for the covid rise or flu what ever you want to call it.
Yet vaccinated folks are constantly getting tested and spreading the virus.
If you dont like a thread then dont fricking click on it , read it and then post
Carry on

Reactions: elderdawg

Great post

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

95% lol
Come on .
This fits your agenda

Reactions: elderdawg
95% lol
Come on .
This fits your agenda
I think (maybe I am wrong) that 95% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated, which is possible. However, there are lots and lots of vaccinated testing positive.

I think (maybe I am wrong) that 95% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated, which is possible. However, there are lots and lots of vaccinated testing positive.
I dont believe it.
The media and dems for some reason are really trying to scare everyone.
Again why are the vaccinated getting tested so often.
It makes no sense

I understand your perspective & respect your decision regarding your grand daughter. I also do not feel strongly that prior infected people get the vaccine. I applaud your decision to get vaccinated.

From my perspective, I do care about who takes up beds because it impacts my ability to take care of my patients. We may fall differently on the Rugged Individualism/Shared Sacrifice spectrum which is fine. But as a health care provider I feel compelled to urge anybody who is willing & who has not gotten the virus or the vaccine to get vaccinated. You could help yourself, and indirectly somebody else. It’s the easiest way out of this mess.

I dont believe it.
The media and dems for some reason are really trying to scare everyone.
Again why are the vaccinated getting tested so often.
It makes no sense
I have no idea why vaccinated people are getting tested but I do believe a majority of hospitalizations are from unvaccinated. Is it 95%, no clue but I bet it is well over 70%

Why do you think the doctor above is lying? Everyone must be on it.

OP you’re making to much sense right meow. Please stop being logical.

I understand your perspective & respect your decision regarding your grand daughter. I also do not feel strongly that prior infected people get the vaccine. I applaud your decision to get vaccinated.

From my perspective, I do care about who takes up beds because it impacts my ability to take care of my patients. We may fall differently on the Rugged Individualism/Shared Sacrifice spectrum which is fine. But as a health care provider I feel compelled to urge anybody who is willing & who has not gotten the virus or the vaccine to get vaccinated. You could help yourself, and indirectly somebody else. It’s the easiest way out of this mess.

Thank you for your response and since it matters that beds are being taken, shouldn't the priority be on the demo that is actually taking the vast majority of the beds? It's not the same but similar to closing elementary schools but sending covid patients back to nursing homes. If you are in the business of informing the public, you need to make damn sure the information you are providing can be backed up with data, can be presented in a manner that makes sense and don't get caught in multiple lies.

So, as a medical professional, I would think you would be almost obsessed with knowing who a disease was targeting and crafting a response that minimized the risk of that demo. Iows, I would think you would want to make sure a 55 yr old office chair polisher knew a mask he wears every day to a crowded office is providing minimal protection but a vaccine may keep him out of the hospital or away from the wrong side of the grass. I would also think you would tell the parents of healthy teens that their children are at a statistical zero risk unless they have other medical issues and that it may make sense to hold off on vaccination until there is solid long term risk analysis performed. Imo when the idea that the vaccine was 100% safe and 100% effective was being pushed, it caused the radar of a lot of folks to go up and quite a few of the truly at risk to be hesitant to trust the data.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I have lost all patience with hospital capacity becoming a justification for any restrictions people want to force on others.

First, the reports of hospital capacity have been regularly exaggerated throughout this situation. For all the limited and short term crunch situations that have occurred there have been many more cases of demonstrated sensationalism.

And no - I am not minimizing what you or other health care types have done. But to a large degree the health care system needs to deal with it because the alternative - constantly meddling in people's lives and trying to control their decisions to reduce healthcare utilization - is not appropriate or even ethical IMO.

People get to make choices - even unhealthy ones - and the cost of that can actually be more burden on the healthcare system. Otherwise, you end up making all your healthcare decisions and mine too (and perhaps for my kids too the way many are suggesting) and that will *never happen* if I have anything to do with it.

But again the main point I made is not being addressed - that unvaccinated are not driving *positive case increases*. It is governmental-level deceit to keep saying this, designed to manipulate others with falsehoods.

Do you support POTUS wrongly saying "if you get a vaccine you will not get COVID?" Do you agree with the claim that "only the unvaccinated are causing cases to go up?"
I'm glad you're speaking for yourself, but if you can't see the problem with hospital capacity (and the additional wear and tear on the medical profession many of whom are worn out), so be it.

You're right about people making other unhealthy choices and that also effects our health system and thus all of us; more needs to be done with that problem. But I'm glad you don't have anything to do with it. You present plenty of facts and I appreciate that, but you show your biases as much as anyone else, if not more so.

Positive case increases is not the essential problem in itself. The question to me is the hospitalizations and why they are increasing where they are.

A month ago, the number of COVID patients admitted to two UF hospitals in Jax was down to 14. Now more than 140 are hospitalized with COVID and is the highest this system has seen during the pandemic. Would you care to explain that? There are other spots in the US seeing similar results are it seems to be in areas where people have been slower to get vaccinated. This doesn't mean every place with low vaccinations is having the problem, but what is the explanation for where it is happening. One of the large hospital systems in Central Florida has seen it's COVID patient load grew, over the past week, from 430 to 720. I've seen the stats you posted regarding UK but they don't tell me anything about what is happening in the US.

The doctor who is chief executive of UF Health Jacksonville says 90 percent of their COVID patients were not vaccinated and another 5 percent were not fully vaccinated. The remaining 5 percent had significant comorbidities or were on immunosuppressant drugs. I'll take that over your ranting.

I learned last year not to listen to the POTUS regarding anything medical especially regarding COVID and have continued that stance. I'm not really paying much attention to what the current POTUS says and, as I have previously said, I've had enough of politics and politicians.

It's not clear what is causing the number of cases to go up or even what is being counted as a case, so no, it's not just the unvaccinated causing the count to go up. I'm more concerned with the hospitalizations and deaths and they seem to be related to the unvaccinated. I hope this wave is temporary and we see some improvement.

Lol thats not how is works buddy.
The government is blaming the unvaccinated for the covid rise or flu what ever you want to call it.
Yet vaccinated folks are constantly getting tested and spreading the virus.
If you dont like a thread then dont fricking click on it , read it and then post
Carry on

Kinda like saying, if you don't like seeing misinformation in your eyes, then don't watch the news?

Reactions: WyoDawg307
I'm glad you're speaking for yourself, but if you can't see the problem with hospital capacity (and the additional wear and tear on the medical profession many of whom are worn out), so be it.

You're right about people making other unhealthy choices and that also effects our health system and thus all of us; more needs to be done with that problem. But I'm glad you don't have anything to do with it. You present plenty of facts and I appreciate that, but you show your biases as much as anyone else, if not more so.

Positive case increases is not the essential problem in itself. The question to me is the hospitalizations and why they are increasing where they are.

A month ago, the number of COVID patients admitted to two UF hospitals in Jax was down to 14. Now more than 140 are hospitalized with COVID and is the highest this system has seen during the pandemic. Would you care to explain that? There are other spots in the US seeing similar results are it seems to be in areas where people have been slower to get vaccinated. This doesn't mean every place with low vaccinations is having the problem, but what is the explanation for where it is happening. One of the large hospital systems in Central Florida has seen it's COVID patient load grew, over the past week, from 430 to 720. I've seen the stats you posted regarding UK but they don't tell me anything about what is happening in the US.

The doctor who is chief executive of UF Health Jacksonville says 90 percent of their COVID patients were not vaccinated and another 5 percent were not fully vaccinated. The remaining 5 percent had significant comorbidities or were on immunosuppressant drugs. I'll take that over your ranting.

I learned last year not to listen to the POTUS regarding anything medical especially regarding COVID and have continued that stance. I'm not really paying much attention to what the current POTUS says and, as I have previously said, I've had enough of politics and politicians.

It's not clear what is causing the number of cases to go up or even what is being counted as a case, so no, it's not just the unvaccinated causing the count to go up. I'm more concerned with the hospitalizations and deaths and they seem to be related to the unvaccinated. I hope this wave is temporary and we see some improvement.
Population control solves every problem you mentioned with managing the health system. Well, job security of healthcare workers would be in jeopardy, but they can get a different career like others have had to do.

Reactions: _Keef_

Other examples abound.

Well the majority of doctors I know aren’t even getting vaccinated.

Was having this conversation with people at a dinner party. Non vaccinated or social distanced.

Yes there are people with lowered immune systems who need it as with the flu vaccine; however, the risk is much higher because there are no long term studies!

Reactions: WyoDawg307

Designated for whom?

the demo that is actually taking the vast majority of the beds
That demo at my hospital: about 95% unvaccinated. This is similar to the rates seen in other hospitals cross the country.
From my ID department:
“Average age is about 10 years younger with less prior co-morbidities as compared to prior surges”
Can’t tell you what that average age is. Guessing in the 50s.

Other examples abound.

Overall weird samples to choose that can’t really be compared.

The UK is testing 1.5% of their population every day.

Wyoming is testing .2% of their population every day.

During the “winter” Wyoming was testing 4-5k a day and now hovering around 1k a day.

The random data you are throwing to the wall doesn’t stick for anyone that looks at it for two minutes. It may mean something but I highly doubt it.

Granted I see no reason to panic, mask up or anything that is being discussed. However, Your data and examples are shit and you are doing the exact thing you are accusing others of doing.

People with planned cardiac procedures who need an overnight bed.
Not in my area in Fl. That my be a problem with a mite need a bed and somebody that needs a bed. A known/unknown situation. In my former life, we cleared the known before we went to the unknown. Plus what were the predictions at the start of this thing, from some of the so called experts? Bed space, ventilators, deaths? Dont know why this is so hard. Its like the flu shot. If you get the vaccine, you mite not get it, to if you do contract the virus it will not be severe. But like anything else, some people will be fully vaccinated and pass away from the virus. Nothing is 100%, especially a vaccine developed in 1 year.

That demo at my hospital: about 95% unvaccinated. This is similar to the rates seen in other hospitals cross the country.
From my ID department:
“Average age is about 10 years younger with less prior co-morbidities as compared to prior surges”

That is my point. I'm saying there should be PSAs running with the true info. Let's say that the numbers are something like 70% unvaccinated in mid 50s or above, 20% between 40 and mid 50s and 10% below 40. Wouldn't it make more sense from a capacity standpoint to craft a message for 40 and older to get vaccinated instead of the absurd notion that we should be masking and vaccinating Jr. High kids?

Imo, by now there should be reams of data that show known risk factors that everyone could use to assess their own risk as well as children in their custody. Imo, the everyone needs vaccinating mantra is counter productive because it gives many that need the jab cause to hesitate when they should be able to look at a simple chart and be able to correlate their risk with or without the vaccine and even if their blood type or previous medical history makes them more susceptible to an adverse reaction from the vaccine.

From my ID department:
The 95% is essentially the same I mentioned above regarding UF in Jacksonville. The doctor I mentioned said the median age of the patients that had died had dropped from 57 before June to 52.

If this is true, then the US must have a different virus than UK and Israel, where 50% or more of the hospitalizations are vaxxed victims. Those two countries, that were ahead of the US in % vaxxed, are showing data that shows the jabs' efficacy is failing at an accelerated rate. By Fall, Big Pharma will have to come up with a new scheme/scam, or whatever else you want to call this human genetic experiment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT