ADVERTISEMENT

Saw this comment from a Texas fan...

fdawg1103

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
I was reading an SEC preview article on The Athletic and there was a comment from an assumed Texas fan:

"For years I've been struggling with the lack of respect for the Big XII. While Texas and OU were the top dogs, there were always 6-8 teams in the T25 (and usually different teams). Plus, TX and OU always got the other 8 teams' A-Game; so every week, they were challenged. I'd bet that even this year's worst Big XII teams will be ranked higher than the worst SEC teams (and probably do better in bowl games than SEC teams, where apparently bowls JUST MEAN LESS). I look at TX's schedule this year and more than half the games are a joke: CSU, UTSA, ULM, MSST, FL, KY, and Vandy...barring significant multiple injuries, those are all wins; AR and TAMU are likely wins, but there's always a little more at stake when you play your little brother and little cousin; so that leaves Michigan and Georgia as toss-ups. 3 years ago, both TX and OU were better than most of the SEC and now, they're positioned to dominate. But it will be a total shock and surprise to all the SEC Kool-Aid drinkers who've thought the SEC was so great top-to-bottom."

I've bolded the part that jumped out to me. Just idiotic. But it got me thinking.....who do y'all want to win in Week 2 when texas goes to Ann Arbor to face mich? Is it SEC all the way or F texas and the mule they rode in on?

In general, I don't cheer FOR any team other than UGA, but I certainly have teams I love to see lose. uf, au, fsu on Saturday, and I think texas as well. The arrogance from their fans is just too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.