ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg SEC Bucket List

HuntTheJones

Uniform Connoisseur
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2021
Ocean Springs, MS
twitter.com
Saw this brought up on Twitter and thought it was a good topic of discussion. Be interested to see what different Dawgs out there value traditions/Gameday wise outside of just Sanford in a league so rich in history & traditions.

My take was things I have not yet done, so my remaining rankings are influenced by that, not just what I think the best of the best out there are.

HuntTheJones SEC Bucket List:

1. A late Saturday Night kick in Death Valley in a true Top 5 matchup. Been to a night game in Tiger Stadium, but it was a lackluster LSU team. I want to see it when the Tigers want all the smoke from a big time team.
2. True Night Blackout at Sanford. Cue the uniform pitchfork posse. Uniforms don’t win or lose games. I want to experience all the pomp & circumstance of the entire stadium wearing black, the buildup from both the fun people and the gnashing of teeth from y'all that yell at clouds and at the lawn, etc.
3. A Cocktail Party with both teams good. Give me a highly ranked Florida and all the smoke for a slugfest. (I’ve also never been to a Cocktail Party)
4. Big Night Game at Neyland. I want to experience spending the day on the river tailgating, a legit highly ranked Vols team where they cue up the fireworks & that ghostly version of Rocky Top, then watch the Dawgs crush their soul with a late dagger... I mean hobnail to walk them off into misery.
5. Red River Shootout, I guess makes it now. Even though noon kickoffs suck.

Top Tier experiences already done that you need to do if you haven't:

- Tailgate in The Grove. Spend a good weekend in Oxford, eat at Taylor Grocery on Friday night after you tailgate in the parking lot. Spend a few hours on a balcony on The Square, hit up The Library. I got 4 years of undergrad here that included huge weekend visits from Texas (back when they thought the SEC was beneath them), first ever College Gameday at Ole Miss to take down #1 Bama, etc. If you’re going in November and want suggestions, please DM me!
- Big and/or very toxic Egg Bowls (thanks Dan the Clown King & Hugh Freeze). Go to an Egg Bowl and just take in the vitriol & big game vibes, even when both teams are clawing for bowl eligibility. It's a high-tensity helluva time. But don't go to Starkville for it, that cow pasture really sucks.
- Big games at Sanford. Speak for themselves. Blessed to have season tix and get to be a part of this thing every year.
- Big night games at Bryant-Denny. Recommend for the college football fan. Better if you can come out with a win though (thanks Swag Kelly for that one time)
- Hostile visits to Jordan-Hare. It can get real tough in there when they're rolling, and part of the fan in you has to appreciate and give 'em props for it.
- Big Iron Bowls (in attendance with family for both the Kick-Six and the Cam-back). All the classic SEC feels for these.

What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.