ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** September 23 War Room

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021
Welcome to this week’s War Room!

This will be another abbreviated version. I haven’t been fully on top of things over the past few days as I’ve taken some time off. As most of you probably saw on the Vent, myself and the wonderful Kathryn Skeean (@takerofpictures here) got engaged on Wednesday.

I wanted to take a second here to say thank you for all the congratulations, well wishes, and words of encouragement! We both truly feel like a part of this community and loved sharing the news with everyone here.

Now, let’s get to a few notes.

• Running back Byron Louis committed to Florida State on Saturday night. We had been expecting him to choose either Florida State or Miami. Credit to Josh Crawford for getting Georgia a hat on the table, but ultimately Louis stays in state as we figured he likely would.
  • Another running back target, Ousmane Kromah, is set to commit this Saturday. This appears to mainly be between Georgia and Auburn. We reported in the last War Room that it seemed Auburn had the advantage. The Tigers’ early results on the field at least give you pause as to if that advantage still stands. We believe it does, but we’ll be keeping an eye on the situation throughout the week.
  • If Kromah does go to Auburn, all attention will shift to Shane Marshall. The Irwin County standout is committed to Minnesota but has come into focus as a target for Crawford over the past couple of months. Marshall will officially visit Georgia for the Auburn game on October 5. If that weekend goes well, and assuming Kromah does end up at Auburn, I could see Marshall jumping on board that weekend or shortly thereafter.
  • One more running back note, I promise. As always, I was impressed with Bo Walker when I watched him play at Rabun Gap on Friday. He didn’t get a ton of carries as he’s still getting familiar with the offense there, but Walker always shows out. I believe Trent mentioned a Maurice Jones-Drew comparison once and I can see that. He’s not a burner, but he’s tough to get a good shot on and even harder to bring down. Even on a few carries where Walker was stopped for a loss, it usually came as a few defenders rallied to the ball after he started to pull free of the guy who got there first.
  • I wonder what Anthony Kruah is thinking about his North Carolina commitment after watching North Carolina get 70 dropped on them by James Madison and hearing the ensuing noise around Mack Brown’s future. It’ll be very interesting to see if the Tar Heel linebacker commit makes his way back to Athens for one of the upcoming SEC home dates. Same goes for another ACC commit, Georgia Tech’s Rasean Dinkins.
  • I know Kirby Smart went to see CJ Wiley on Friday night. But I don’t know, I’m just not getting the warm and fuzzies on that one when it comes to Wiley flipping to Georgia. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.
  • As you might expect, there is a decent amount of visitor overlap this week in terms of Georgia targets who will be in Tuscaloosa. Here are names of note so far courtesy of our friends at Tide Illustrated.
    • 2025 - Justus Terry, Joseph Mbatchou, Christian Ingram
    • 2026 - Amari Sabb, Zyan Gibson, Bralan Womack, Zykie Helton, Anthony Jones, Cederian Morgan, J’Zavien Currence, Xavier Griffin, Desmond Green
    • 2027 - Mark Bowman
  • I’ll close with a thought on this weekend’s game at Alabama. These types of games provide opportunities for road teams as well. This year’s win by Miami at Florida come to mind. If Georgia can walk into what should be an insane environment and Tuscaloosa and come out with a win, it should stamp the Bulldogs as THE program in college football in the minds of recruits everywhere, in this current class and beyond. Of course Georgia already holds that status for a lot of guys, but there are some who still see Alabama as the standard. A win this weekend, while obviously significant in the context of this season, could be just as huge in a recruiting sense as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.