ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question: What is with Republicans not wanting to take the Vaccine....

Jimy jenga

Grateful Dawg
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2001
Hopefully we can have civil discourse here, as I am serious about this question.

I have been seeing polls and information about half of Republicans, especially males, are not going to take the vaccine. I am seeing some of this sentiment here on the chat. For those who are not taking the vaccine, here and or what you have heard from your Republican friends, why is this? Do you(they) not trust the science? Is it political? Is it a distrust of big Pharma? Is it people don't believe that Covid-19 is real or is a hoax? Do most of the people not wanting to take it because they already had Covid-19 and think that the vaccine is moot?

I find this extremely odd, as even Trump took the vaccine(in secret of course) and as we all know had Covid-19. He even pushed "operation Warp speed" while president as the Vaccine will be the end all be all of Covid, and that he was the one that did it. And why is Trump not pushing the Vaccine? You would think he would want to get it out there that he was the guy who did this, especially if he is thinking about 2024?

I will be taking the vaccine as soon as I am eligible, for any one that is available to me, as I want to get back to normal as soon as possible. But once again, just like masks, I feel that normal may not happen because of this defiance of the vaccine. I hope and pray that most everyone will take the vaccine so we can get rid of this dreaded disease.

Hopefully we can have civil discourse here, as I am serious about this question.

I have been seeing polls and information about half of Republicans, especially males, are not going to take the vaccine. I am seeing some of this sentiment here on the chat. For those who are not taking the vaccine, here and or what you have heard from your Republican friends, why is this? Do you(they) not trust the science? Is it political? Is it a distrust of big Pharma? Is it people don't believe that Covid-19 is real or is a hoax? Do most of the people not wanting to take it because they already had Covid-19 and think that the vaccine is moot?

I find this extremely odd, as even Trump took the vaccine(in secret of course) and as we all know had Covid-19. He even pushed "operation Warp speed" while president as the Vaccine will be the end all be all of Covid, and that he was the one that did it. And why is Trump not pushing the Vaccine? You would think he would want to get it out there that he was the guy who did this, especially if he is thinking about 2024?

I will be taking the vaccine as soon as I am eligible, for any one that is available to me, as I want to get back to normal as soon as possible. But once again, just like masks, I feel that normal may not happen because of this defiance of the vaccine. I hope and pray that most everyone will take the vaccine so we can get rid of this dreaded disease.
My deal is that after getting it you can still catch and pass on Covid. So you still are asked to wear a mask, still have to social distance etc. I'll respectfully decline. Discoursed civilly.

My deal is that after getting it you can still catch and pass on Covid. So you still are asked to wear a mask, still have to social distance etc. I'll respectfully decline. Discoursed civilly.
Interesting. So, your issue is you still are asked to wear a mask and be socially distant until the disease is gone or we understand how to control it, that is the reason you won't get the vaccine? Efficacy of the vaccines are above 95% for the 2 mRNA ones, and slightly less for the J&J, but all are showing early results of great results on minimizing the transmission, and the efficacy against some of the Variants. Would it be safe to say that this is political for you?

Reactions: shonuff253
Interesting. So, your issue is you still are asked to wear a mask and be socially distant until the disease is gone or we understand how to control it, that is the reason you won't get the vaccine? Efficacy of the vaccines are above 95% for the 2 mRNA ones, and slightly less for the J&J, but all are showing early results of great results on minimizing the transmission, and the efficacy against some of the Variants. Would it be safe to say that this is political for you?
What happened to civil discourse? You are now trying to get me to agree to your assumption. On your very next response. Just be honest, you want to get into a fight with a Republican.

What happened to civil discourse? You are now trying to get me to agree to your assumption. On your very next response. Just be honest, you want to get into a fight with a Republican.
Sorry, I thought this was civil. I am trying to figure out the reasoning for not taking it. Your reasoning didn't appear to be scientific issues. No worries, relax.

Reactions: shonuff253
Sorry, I thought this was civil. I am trying to figure out the reasoning for not taking it. Your reasoning didn't appear to be scientific issues. No worries, relax.
I plan to get one, but two reasons that seem valid to me for not getting one:

1. you have already had Covid-19 and some research indicates that these antibodies stay in your system and are as effective as the vaccines
2. You are in great shape, no underlying health conditions and have O type blood. If you catch it, it’s not a big deal, little if any symptoms or effects.

I plan to get one, but two reasons that seem valid to me for not getting one:

1. you have already had Covid-19 and some research indicates that these antibodies stay in your system and are as effective as the vaccines
2. You are in great shape, no underlying health conditions and have O type blood. If you catch it, it’s not a big deal, little if any symptoms or effects.

3. There are no long term studies on the health effects from any of these vaccines. Most people have to weight the risk over reward just like any other medical decision.

A wise man once said, "Mind your own business and you'll have more than enough to worry about".

If you are going to make assumptions you will only ever be at odds with folks. Just take what I said at first and let that be good enough for you.

I am skeptical as the vaccine was so rushed snd new technology. I am also skeptical of government forced/persuaded vaccinations as I do not trust the government. I believe it is thoroughly corrupt. I have just recently decided to get the vaccine. My reasoning is duscussion with people who have educated themselves in the subject

Reactions: aadco

I’m thinking millions have the antibodies from already having the virus. Is the covid vaccine proven to end the threat of covid mutations? It seems you do since you think it ends with taking the vaccine. Have the powers said how long the covid vaccines last? Not against the vaccines per se, but I have many ?’s. I’ve had the vaccine, but find it stupid that the cdc, among others still want masks worn after getting it...when do the powers stop with the double talk? Do you think everybody should have to take the vaccine, I don’t...

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
If you are going to make assumptions you will only ever be at odds with folks. Just take what I said at first and let that be good enough for you.
I just asked you a question to clarify your position, as you did not answer. I have the right and will make my assumptions based on your response and lack of responding.

republicans also don’t get flu shots. we don’t take orders from JoeMentia
Newsflash, your President Biden is not ordering anyone to take the flu shot, that has been around for 60 years or so. Vaccines should not be a political issue at all.

I just asked you a question to clarify your position, as you did not answer. I have the right and will make my assumptions based on your response and lack of responding.
Why did it need clarifying?

Eh...there is nothing political about my reluctance. I just can't get comfortable with a vaccine that just came out. I've avoided COVID to this point. I don't see myself getting the vaccine, unless there is another major blow up. FWIW, I don't take the flu shot either. Ever. Who knows what you are injecting in your body. Who knows if its going to cover the right strain, etc. Too much risk, not enough reward for me to get the flu shot.

3. There are no long term studies on the health effects from any of these vaccines. Most people have to weight the risk over reward just like any other medical decision.

A wise man once said, "Mind your own business and you'll have more than enough to worry about".
I agree with you first statement. Not enough time yet to determine any long term side effects. But your second comment, which is related to the first, about blanket wise statements, while this has a lot of credence, it is not always the rule, especially when talking about an event that affects our whole world and humanity.

With all who are on here with agendas, you take the taco my friend.

And there you have it. LOL. No really, why did my first response require clarification? You opened this can.
so, my assumption was it was political based on your response, but i wanted to clarify, as to not make that assumption without some data to back it, which you did. My question was worded very delicately, and not accusatory, but your response being so defensive was a big tell.

Seems like another liberal poll trying to make republicans look like idiots . There many that don’t take the flu vaccine.

Newsflash, your President Biden is not ordering anyone to take the flu shot, that has been around for 60 years or so. Vaccines should not be a political issue at all.

so he is ordering me to take the vaccine?

so, my assumption was it was political based on your response, but i wanted to clarify, as to not make that assumption without some data to back it, which you did. My question was worded very delicately, and not accusatory, but your response being so defensive was a big tell.
Lol I have yet to be defensive. I said nothing political so your assumption that my response was political based off what I said is off base. Tell me specifically where in my first response I said something that would cause you to assume it was political. Remember, this is your doing.

had this very conversation within the donut factory.

friend almost stated as you, word for word...
A week later he relented, reasoning;
most will submit,
then at some point, be forced.

...as a necessity for employment.

eg;
corporation won't hire a tobacco smoker.

Last edited:

most will submit,

most will submit,

fock’em...... don’t need to work. got one wife that does that, the other one cooks and cleans.

no shot for me, not just yet anyway. gonna watch the sheep line up first. will wait a year or two and see if there are any residual effects.

will just go ahead and get a swastika tattooed on my forehead & dare someone to say something.

Reactions: blackpug6
fock’em...... don’t need to work. got one wife that does that, the other one cooks and cleans.

no shot for me, not just yet anyway. gonna watch the sheep line up first. will wait a year or two and see if there are any residual effects.

will just go ahead and get a swastika tattooed on my forehead & dare someone to say something.

i got a shot
I got two, esel!

now folks don't try to stab my heart
or make the sign of the cross when I'm nearby.

Not gonna take it. What are the long term consequences? I have a 99% + chance of survival! The vaccine does not prevent you from giving or getting the virus! Why in the hell would I even consider receiving an unknown substance into my body with no record of long term effects!!

Reactions: Skeeb62

I had COVID - had a doctor here n town tell me that antibodies now last much longer than first thought - so I’m not eating n any rush to get the vaccine - but I don’t get flu shots either - I personally prefer to wait and make sure vaccines are safe since the survival rate of my demographic is 99.9%

most will submit,

eg;
corporation won't hire a tobacco smoker.
I'm self employed. Good time to be, also.

i got a shot
I got two, esel!

now folks don't try to stab my heart
or make the sign of the cross when I'm nearby.
You come to me. I don't go to you. If you don't like the cross I invite you to stay away.

I had COVID - had a doctor here n town tell me that antibodies now last much longer than first thought - so I’m not eating n any rush to get the vaccine - but I don’t get flu shots either - I personally prefer to wait and make sure vaccines are safe since the survival rate of my demographic is 99.9%
libs say antiboidies only last a 30 days

Reactions: ephesiandawg
Eh...there is nothing political about my reluctance. I just can't get comfortable with a vaccine that just came out. I've avoided COVID to this point. I don't see myself getting the vaccine, unless there is another major blow up. FWIW, I don't take the flu shot either. Ever. Who knows what you are injecting in your body. Who knows if its going to cover the right strain, etc. Too much risk, not enough reward for me to get the flu shot.
this makes libs so mad

a manufactured virus to further control the population. Then, probably the same goons who manufactured the virus develop the vaccine. NO THANKS!!!!
I don't trust any of them to tell me what is best for me......

a manufactured virus to further control the population. Then, probably the same goons who manufactured the virus develop the vaccine. NO THANKS!!!!
I don't trust any of them to tell me what is best for me......
There is a lot of truth in your words brother

Good points. The main reason to get the shots is to protect yourself. You may not die from Covid but if your like the two folks I know you might wish you could die. I had the two shots and it was easy. Just like two flu shots.

It’s really simple. And not a Republican thing. Can you agree that we have no clue what long term issues may be with vaccine ? Seems reasonable some would be more concerned with the unknown. Especially considering the 99.99% survival rate of COVID. Is that really so difficult to comprehend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT