ADVERTISEMENT

Seven, SEVEN, states have joined Texas in their lawsuit against the Dirty Four,

pembrokedawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2003
Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, South Carolina, South Dakota and Louisiana. This is as low as I have ever felt about my home state of Georgia. I wish we had REAL leadership in this state, not a half wit who rode Donald Trump's coattails into the governorship and then looks pathetic at the moment when his leadership is needed the most.

This is the same loser that was denied today, except without standing. Hard to see them granting leave to sue.
Its my understanding that this suit is based on Lefty states illegally changing voting laws that were written into the constitution. There's really no "other side" to it, unless you want to argue that the constitution has no place in federal elections.

Its my understanding that this suit is based on Lefty states illegally changing voting laws that were written into the constitution. There's really no "other side" to it, unless you want to argue that the constitution has no place in federal elections.
giphy.gif

Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, South Carolina, South Dakota and Louisiana. This is as low as I have ever felt about my home state of Georgia. I wish we had REAL leadership in this state, not a half wit who rode Donald Trump's coattails into the governorship and then looks pathetic at the moment when his leadership is needed the most.
All for naught. Funny how Kemp was the man a few months ago during the first wave, now because he follows the law, he is a half-wit. Well, at least we agree on that, I have said Kemp is an idiot all along, at least he is smart enough to understand what is the right thing to do.

Uhm, the US constitution leaves most everything up to the states concerning elections. There is basically nothing in the US Constitution that a state would need to change. This is simply another attempt to disenfranchise legally cast votes.

Uhm, the US constitution leaves most everything up to the states concerning elections. There is basically nothing in the US Constitution that a state would need to change. This is simply another attempt to disenfranchise legally cast votes.
LEGALLY cast votes....if Georgia wants to pretend illegally cast votes didn't happen, that disenfranchises Texas...damn right they should sue

Yes in 1997 Supreme Court ruled Election Day was a 1 day event

The Constitution leaves it up to the state legislatures, not the executive branch.

The U.S. Constitution says, "... the states shall elect the President." Period. Over done with. Texas suit is meaningless, has no standing or grounds, and the courts will give it less than no attention. What another state does is of no consequence to another state's elections. Move along, move along. There's nothing to see here. I'll admit Kemp is an idiot... but he's done the right thing as far as the election is concerned. Just because Trump Baby lost is not a reason to dismantle the Constitution in an attempted coup.

0*q7VrQd3AAKKsYKsw.jpg

[/QUOTE]
The constitution says, "... the states shall ele
LEGALLY cast votes....if Georgia wants to pretend illegally cast votes didn't happen, that disenfranchises Texas...damn right they should sue

No it doesn't 'cause there were no illegally votes cast. Now, if you've got some irrefutable proof that that says otherwise then serve it up.

giphy.gif

No State — NONE, NADA, ZERO - has joined the Texas AG as a party to this lawsuit

I have a lot of fellow GOP friends who I previously thought were rational, intelligent adults who are on this tin foil hat train now. I've changed my mind about them.

It's really difficult to take anyone promoting this drivel as a serious person.

Not really sure what all “tin foil train” entails, but the Texas case has about 150 pages of declarations, presentations of fact and affidavits. The affidavits claim that laws were broken under penalty of perjury if they are false statements.

I have yet to see an election official saying that the laws were followed sign an affidavit under penalty of perjury.

Maybe some of the claims have wandered off into to tin foil territory, but it isn’t drivel to say that there are serious claims of voter integrity issues affecting enough potential votes to alter the outcome of the election.

Even if the number of votes affected is debatable, the issues must be addressed and fixed imo.

See starting at page 20...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/22/22O155/163048/20201208132827887_TX-v-State-ExpedMot 2020-12-07 FINAL.pdf

I have a lot of fellow GOP friends who I previously thought were rational, intelligent adults who are on this tin foil hat train now. I've changed my mind about them.

It's really difficult to take anyone promoting this drivel as a serious person.
Hacksaw, I know we disagree on things and have exchanged some jabs and barbs on here, but I consider you to be a rational conservative. My question for you is this: why do you think some Republicans are pushing and supporting these “tin foil hat” lawsuits and conspiracy theories all for the support for one man, Trump, who will be out of power in 45 days or so? Why do people go so far out on a limb with these ideas in support of one man?

Hacksaw, I know we disagree on things and have exchanged some jabs and barbs on here, but I consider you to be a rational conservative. My question for you is this: why do you think some Republicans are pushing and supporting these “tin foil hat” lawsuits and conspiracy theories all for the support for one man, Trump, who will be out of power in 45 days or so? Why do people go so far out on a limb with these ideas in support of one man?

Trump has mainstreamed conspiracy theory. You can now find a group of like-minded people who don't tell you you're completely f'ing nuts. And Trump doesn't even believe this BS - he simply understands how to manipulate a mob to his own benefit.

The least-educated factions of both parties are now the tails that wag the dog, unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity, when we throw out all the votes and re vote do all the republicans that won in these states have to run again as well?

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Sotus doesnt want to touch this election with a 10 foot pole. Biden will become potus for awhile, then Kamala will take over for Barry's 3rd term. Was there voter fraud? Sure there was, but the swamp will get their way and the American people will suffer the consequences.

Just out of curiosity, when we throw out all the votes and re vote do all the republicans that won in these states have to run again as well?
[/QUOTE]
please come back down to reality. Then we can have discourse.

Congratulations for finding something you're better at than you are at law
Foster v. Love
The election clause of the constitution invests states with responsibility for the mechanics of congressional elections , but grants congress “ the power to override state regulations “ by establishing uniform rules for federal elections. One such rule sets the date of the biennial election for offices of US senator and representatives AND MANDATES HOLDING ALL CONGRESSIONAL and PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS IN A SINGLE NOVEMBER DAY........have I really got to keep going ??

Foster v. Love
The election clause of the constitution invests states with responsibility for the mechanics of congressional elections , but grants congress “ the power to override state regulations “ by establishing uniform rules for federal elections. One such rule sets the date of the biennial election for offices of US senator and representatives AND MANDATES HOLDING ALL CONGRESSIONAL and PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS IN A SINGLE NOVEMBER DAY........have I really got to keep going ??
So the entire argument has nothing to do with fraud, and is entirely dependent upon disenfranchising millions of legitimate voters who followed the voting process as defined by their state at the time they cast their vote. All to try and win an election that wasn't even close.

How very democratic.

So the entire argument has nothing to do with fraud, and is entirely dependent upon disenfranchising millions of legitimate voters who followed the voting process as defined by their state at the time they cast their vote. All to try and win an election that wasn't even close.

How very democratic.
“Legitimate voters” ....that’s rich

How very democratic.
You're right, it wasnt close. No telling how big Trumps win actually was.

Foster v. Love

How do you believe that relates to this year's election?

please come back down to reality. Then we can have discourse.
[/QUOTE]
I was kidding.

Reactions: celticdawg
“Legitimate voters” ....that’s rich
Ok, so to be clear what you are actually saying is that there was widespread voter fraud in multiple states AND that the state and federal court system is so corrupted that all of this obvious fraud has been completely ignored in fifty two cases and counting. Reminder, the Republicans have done a masterful job of filling the courts with judges who align with their own judicial philosophy and a number of these failed cases have been dismissed by those same conservative judges.

Or maybe, and stick with me here, the incumbent president who has proudly embraced being a divisive figure, who spends an inordinate amount of time rage tweeting and playing golf, who suffered the first net job loss during his term since Herbert Hoover and whose job approval rating crested at 49%, maybe that guy just lost the election.

How do you believe that relates to this year's election?
Because the ruling clearly states that the election will be held in one day . Also it says state legislatures control their own states voting procedures .....therefore take Pennsylvania for instance .....their rogue governor simply changed the rules due to covid and allowed the counting of votes to go in past Election Day ......that’s one example....now I got to make a tee time so I don’t have time to sit here and illustrate every instance in which Texas’ lawsuit is based on

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT