ADVERTISEMENT

Since We're Talking Movies, Which Movies Made You Fight to Hold Back the Tears........

redclayhound

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
32.9815°N, 82.8101°W
I can think of four right off the bat for me:

The Champ.....yep, tears rolled
Brian's Song......damn saddest movie ever IMO.....the tears flowed
Old Yeller......my first tear jerker
Shenandoah.......everything was cool til the young kid entered the church

I won't mention the ones that cause my wife to shed a tear, because there ain't enough time to list them all.......I do know she's watched "The Notebook" at least a half dozen times, and she cries every time she watches it........

What movies made you fight back the tears?

600full-brians-song-poster.jpg

I won't mention the ones that cause my wife to shed a tear, because there ain't enough time to list them all.......I do know she's watched "The Notebook" at least a half dozen times, and she cries every time she watches it........

When I was a kid, Charlotte's Web bummed me out pretty good.
In my later years, Of Mice And Men got me pretty good. Also One Who Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest got to me a little.

One recent movie that had me holding back tears on several occasions was The Last Full Measure. If you haven’t heard of it, you may want to check it out. Based on a true story.

Who among us wouldn't like to have just one more "catch" with their dad?

You know it. I realize my dads influence on my life everyday. I am often surprised at how I realize this and have to laugh. I lost my dad a little more than a year ago and don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. I just try to enjoy the memories.

Saving Private Ryan , the beginning , and especially the end when he was at the cemetery asking his wife was he a good man. Damn!
Passion of the Christ, for obvious reasons.
I struggled and failed the first time I saw Saving Private Ryan after the beach attack at Normandy. My grandfather was in the army in WW II, and I guess it just hit home the hell those guys had to deal with after watching that scene. It was so overpowering that, by the end of that scene, I was emotionally gassed.

I struggled and failed the first time I saw Saving Private Ryan after the beach attack at Normandy. My grandfather was in the army in WW II, and I guess it just hit home the hell those guys had to deal with after watching that scene. It was so overpowering that, by the end of that scene, I was emotionally gassed.

It was hell that they endured in saving the world, with that mission.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT