ADVERTISEMENT

So how much political correctness in college athletics causes

Same. Not 1973 but 20 years easy. Haven’t even looked at the schedule. If I’m not at the farm I will watch, if I am I will watch Sunday or whenever I get home.
I was a young child in 1973. Everything in the Fall revolved around the Dawgs and has since then for me. I admit it is going to be hard to quit. But I am. I don't have to have anything but food and water. I think I can do it. Quitting the rest of sports watching has been a breeze. This is going to be the tough one.

I’m getting close and I never thought I’d say that. I’ll just play with my kids, fish, spend time at the airport and I might even go watch some fall travel baseball. I’ve been thinking about it since Monty Rice did his thing. It’s coming so I’ve just got to prepare myself for it.

I am like a lot of you guys. My first game was Pat Sullivan vs. Andy Johnson in 1971. SRO. People were standing on the Chemistry and Biology buildings there was no tv. I am going to buy a farm and some bird dogs. I have talked to a lot of alumni who feel the same. There will be hell to pay if they take names off of buildings.

I’m just preparing myself for the inevitable social justice crap... it’s turning my stomach to think about it... Monty gave us a taste of what’s coming... Kirby’s forced to let it happen... we’ve had the same seats for 40 years and now I love watching my kid look out like I use to do from the exact same spot... it’s a tradition in our family like so many others... We didn’t chose to get any tickets this season though... hopefully next year will be back to normal, but I believe this way of thinking has been empowered and it’s only going to intensify... only thing keeping me from walking away is wanting my son to bleed red and black, and learn to bark in Techies faces... but there will be those of us that just can’t take the pandering anymore at some point if things don’t get back on track...

Same. Not 1973 but 20 years easy. Haven’t even looked at the schedule. If I’m not at the farm I will watch, if I am I will watch Sunday or whenever I get home.
Where’s your farm? What do y’all grow/raise? I’m over at my farm tonight in Danville, Ga... Twiggs County... we grow cotton, peanuts, corn, and soybeans... this year I got my hemp growers license, so trying our hand at 5 acres this inaugural year in Ga... labor intensive crop for sure and I can only treat pests with organic style chemicals... fire ants have literally built nest at the bases of almost every plant... the dayum things are eating the stems at soil level and the roots below... I have plants that are 18-24” and bigger falling over like a beaver chewed it... crazy... last pest I thought would cause me issues... deer haven’t touched the stuff surprisingly... anyway, I got plenty of work to do at the farm and don’t need spoiled social justice athletes preaching to me about a faux cause while they ignore the real problems... I keep telling myself they are young and most will change their views as they grow into working adults... but fear they are to far gone, indoctrinated, and filled with hate that it’s going to be impossible to correct the mindset... I’ve been doing NFL fantasy football since ‘99 and finally said no more this year... missed getting drunk and partying with the boys on draft night and ending up at The Poney, but oh well I’m done... America means too much to me...

Snowflakes giving up on the Dawgs because of a tweet...

don’t let the screen door hit you on your way out

Reactions: DEEBO93

Not about an individual or their opinion. It’s about a cultural cancer that is eating away at the idea of Americans individualism. We could set down and have ideas and discuss them and at the end of the day we may have disagreed but we went on and watched football. Now if you don’t agree leave is the sentiment. Just like your statement says, you don’t agree you can leave. Don’t worry they eat their own and they will eat you too.

you to walk away?
Would take VERY little at this point.
Not sure those running things realize how people's attitudes have changed toward these spoiled athletes, and their bogus grievances. 9 unarmed black males killed by cops last year in the nation, out of millions of police encounters. Twice as many whites killed as blacks. The whole movement is bogus. And now they celebrate a rapist as if he is a hero.

Nobody gonna miss any of us if we leave. There are plenty of SJW's to jump in and pay the thousands of dollars per year we have been doing for decades.

But they (SJW's) will not step up and pay to watch the college football, this will forever change the landscape of college football and college sports. The pro leagues have already shit their beds.
SJWs can not even feed themselves unless they get handouts. I’m happy to have been backing away from college football, gradually, for about 5 years. I think the Dawgs are maintaining an even strain, so far, but I’m prepared for that to change. We are about one political march away from my taking a giant step back. Hope that doesn’t happen. Even besides the BLM thing, unionization is coming. i’ll bet an early union demand is no more classes, or maybe no more academic probation.

I’m just preparing myself for the inevitable social justice crap... it’s turning my stomach to think about it... Monty gave us a taste of what’s coming... Kirby’s forced to let it happen... we’ve had the same seats for 40 years and now I love watching my kid look out like I use to do from the exact same spot... it’s a tradition in our family like so many others... We didn’t chose to get any tickets this season though... hopefully next year will be back to normal, but I believe this way of thinking has been empowered and it’s only going to intensify... only thing keeping me from walking away is wanting my son to bleed red and black, and learn to bark in Techies faces... but there will be those of us that just can’t take the pandering anymore at some point if things don’t get back on track...

Where’s your farm? What do y’all grow/raise? I’m over at my farm tonight in Danville, Ga... Twiggs County... we grow cotton, peanuts, corn, and soybeans... this year I got my hemp growers license, so trying our hand at 5 acres this inaugural year in Ga... labor intensive crop for sure and I can only treat pests with organic style chemicals... fire ants have literally built nest at the bases of almost every plant... the dayum things are eating the stems at soil level and the roots below... I have plants that are 18-24” and bigger falling over like a beaver chewed it... crazy... last pest I thought would cause me issues... deer haven’t touched the stuff surprisingly... anyway, I got plenty of work to do at the farm and don’t need spoiled social justice athletes preaching to me about a faux cause while they ignore the real problems... I keep telling myself they are young and most will change their views as they grow into working adults... but fear they are to far gone, indoctrinated, and filled with hate that it’s going to be impossible to correct the mindset... I’ve been doing NFL fantasy football since ‘99 and finally said no more this year... missed getting drunk and partying with the boys on draft night and ending up at The Poney, but oh well I’m done... America means too much to me...
Have you tried Entrust?

Reactions: seatonsdawgs

mine is actually in Kentucky. I’m growing deer! But it might as well be a working farm cause it’s a full time job the second I get there to the second I leave.
Interesting you bring up tobacco. Was at my place last weekend and we were talking about tobacco and where it is grown. North Carolina, kentucky and then a couple other states including Georgia make up tiny percentage. We couldn’t even recall seeing a tobacco field in Georgia before.
I actually have some good friends who have a big outfit based in twiggs but also farm Laurens and Bleckley.
At this juncture I would much rather talk about farms than Georgia football!

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I have not... using pyronyl now... I’ll check it out... thanks for the advice.
My brother and I are growing oranges organically, and it kills the ants and help keep them off the root system and trunk when it gets dry, highly recommend it.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
George, where is your farm in KY? I hunt near Elkton KY and on our lease are a few old tobacco barns. The soil is rich up there.

mine is actually in Kentucky. I’m growing deer! But it might as well be a working farm cause it’s a full time job the second I get there to the second I leave.
Interesting you bring up tobacco. Was at my place last weekend and we were talking about tobacco and where it is grown. North Carolina, kentucky and then a couple other states including Georgia make up tiny percentage. We couldn’t even recall seeing a tobacco field in Georgia before.
I actually have some good friends who have a big outfit based in twiggs but also farm Laurens and Bleckley.
I inherited my family farm near Fitzgerald,Ga. and we grow cotton and peanuts. Used to grow tobacco until they quit growing it in the early 70’s. I know what you mean, when I go down there I am busting my butt to get things done ( but I love it). We have a pecan orchard that I am trying to whip into shape before harvesting them. It is my escape from the hellhole Atlanta I live in now. I do find time to attempt to catch some big Bass every now and then.

I probably watch 20% of the college sports that I used to. I watch 0% of NBA, 0% of MLB, and maybe 20% of NFL (really just RedZone). Once college athletes make a salary, I’ll be 0% college sports. I’ve picked up other hobbies...
200.gif

South Georgia was big time tobacco country growing up. There were two tobacco warehouses in Waycross growing up, but they both closed when I was in high school. There are still a few warehouses around, but the market is much smaller now.

Reactions: George Hayduke
South Georgia was big time tobacco country growing up. There were two tobacco warehouses in Waycross growing up, but they both closed when I was in high school. There are still a few warehouses around, but the market is much smaller now.

Didnt know that. Probably because my trips to waycross were...well never been! With that said I know a lot of the guys in Kentucky are applying for licenses to grow hemp now. From what I understand it is way more lucrative though I also hear it’s somewhat of a pain from a regulation standpoint.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Actually its the opposite. Its about both sides having a voice. What most don't want to hear is the far right and the far left are taking you to the same place and that's a place of forced homogamy. It just so happens now its in vogue to be far left. Most are mad at something they don't even understand. Here is something to read on this very subject.

Actually its the opposite. Its about both sides having a voice. What most don't want to hear is the far right and the far left are taking you to the same place and that's a place of forced homogamy. It just so happens now its in vogue to be far left. Most are mad at something they don't even understand. Here is something to read on this very subject.

I actually do think they understand which is scary. I think they don’t believe there should be criminal repercussions for certain segments of the population. The part I’m not sure of is why? Is it because they feel owed this, is it because modern culture celebrates that behavior (music, videos on the net, movies, etc). Is it an economic divide that makes people feel they should be able to do what they want because they are mad they don’t have what someone successful has? And let me be clear I’m not saying this is how black America feels as a whole by any means, rather the ones participating in this uprising both black and white and everything in between.

I actually do think they understand which is scary. I think they don’t believe there should be criminal repercussions for certain segments of the population. The part I’m not sure of is why? Is it because they feel owed this, is it because modern culture celebrates that behavior (music, videos on the net, movies, etc). Is it an economic divide that makes people feel they should be able to do what they want because they are mad they don’t have what someone successful has? And let me be clear I’m not saying this is how black America feels as a whole by any means, rather the ones participating in this uprising both black and white and everything in between.
I guess I am just hoping its naivety but you make a great point.

you to walk away?
Even though sports seems incapable of separating themselves from politics and what is stylish, I can. At least with football And college hoops. No use for the NBA. But I can roll my eyes and then watch football no worse for wear. It’s the world we live in. But I have confidence the country will let it be known how they feel about it with their votes and pocketbooks. And just like that they will shut up and dribble.

My biggest issue isn’t the idea that guys would speak their mind. It is that they are honoring guys like Jacob Blake - a rapist.

I'm on the brink of walking away.
I'm all for ending racism but racism is a sin that will exist as long as there are sinners. And racism cuts both ways yet we ignore, and even condone, racism (and violence) against whites. It's disgusting no matter what.
And when the NFL and CFB, both which have been plagued by violence against women, lift up Jacob Blake (a rapist) as the martyr for their cause I want to vomit.
What about speaking out against crime, gang violence, and broken families in our black communities? Black sthletes have a huge platform and voice to impact change for those issues. How about speaking out against Planned Parenthood which targets and kills more black children than any other group and whose founder believed in exterminating black people? Not only do we turn a blind eye to that racism but we even fund it with taxpayer dollars.

So, sure, let's defend a rapist but ignore troubled black communities and children.

I'm all for ending racism but racism is a sin that will exist as long as there are sinners. And racism cuts both ways yet we ignore, and even condone, racism (and violence) against whites. It's disgusting no matter what.
And when the NFL and CFB, both which have been plagued by violence against women, lift up Jacob Blake (a rapist) as the martyr for their cause I want to vomit.
What about speaking out against crime, gang violence, and broken families in our black communities? Black sthletes have a huge platform and voice to impact change for those issues. How about speaking out against Planned Parenthood which targets and kills more black children than any other group and whose founder believed in exterminating black people? Not only do we turn a blind eye to that racism but we even fund it with taxpayer dollars.

So, sure, let's defend a rapist but ignore troubled black communities and children.
Excellent points, and feel the same way. The abortion of black babies and the black on black shootings are far more numerous than the 9 blacks shot by white police officers last year.

Tough love is labeled as “racism” and coddling is “woke”. None of us learn lessons without a little pain. Anyone that suggests that giving a minority special rights doesn’t help them in the long run is labeled a racist.

Tough love is labeled as “racism” and coddling is “woke”. None of us learn lessons without a little pain. Anyone that suggests that giving a minority special rights doesn’t help them in the long run is labeled a racist.
I can stomach most of it, especially from African Americans, because they have a perspective I don't have. Where I draw the line is when people are burning shit, intimidating innocent people, and honoring rapists. And the ESPN types toe the line and don't call it out. Jacob Blake raped a girl, and she called 911 when he returned. And guys are wearing his name on their helmets. WTF. Jacob Blake raped a girl. Jacob Blake raped a girl. Jacob Blake raped a girl.

I can stomach most of it, especially from African Americans, because they have a perspective I don't have. Where I draw the line is when people are burning shit, intimidating innocent people, and honoring rapists. And the ESPN types toe the line and don't call it out. Jacob Blake raped a girl, and she called 911 when he returned. And guys are wearing his name on their helmets. WTF. Jacob Blake raped a girl. Jacob Blake raped a girl. Jacob Blake raped a girl.

isnt it amazing that even the whole #metoo movement won’t even touch this because of the narrative. It just goes right to show that race trumps EVERYTHING right now.

I was a young child in 1973. Everything in the Fall revolved around the Dawgs and has since then for me. I admit it is going to be hard to quit. But I am. I don't have to have anything but food and water. I think I can do it. Quitting the rest of sports watching has been a breeze. This is going to be the tough one.

“so we’ll try to kick one 100,000 miles....we’re gonna try to kick one 60 yards plus a foot and a half....and Butler kicked a long one, a long one....oh my God, oh my God....the stadium is worse than bonkers”

I hear ya, been a little longer than that for me. Feel the same, would be tough though.

But if you do it, gotta go all the way. No peeking in for score updates, no watching highlights, no catching scores, no reading at all of news, updates and etc.

Gotta be strong and abandon all of it. But I do agree, if it happens....bring on the walkons!

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
isnt it amazing that even the whole #metoo movement won’t even touch this because of the narrative. It just goes right to show that race trumps EVERYTHING right now.
no. Trump trumps everything right now. Folks who hate Trump have decided that the ends justify the means. No matter what standards have to be put aside.

The far right is not trying to stamp others right to free speech. The left wants to stamp out the first amendment and then go after our other rights down the line. The right is an inclusive movement that includes the God given freedoms all citizens should have without government intrusion. The left is the side that excludes rights. It’s really easy to determine which side is just.

Reactions: oldmandawg
ADVERTISEMENT