ADVERTISEMENT

So I got two bills from two different ER doctors

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
One was for 600 dollars that came into the room for enough time to tell me that my regular doctor order a CT scan . Then came back in the room for two minutes to tell me I have a kidney stone.

the first ER doctor that didn’t catch the stone is charging me 400 plus doctor that stayed in the room for a total of five minutes.

two examples of what I call insurance fraud . The 400 plus dollar one label her detailed exam which checking my heart is detail that all she did .

the 600 dollar charge is label as comprehensive exam .

I’m raising hail Monday .

You aren't paying for the 5 minutes the docs spent with you. You're paying for the 30 minutes they spent with non paying patients and the overhead before they saw you. It's kind of like my Obamacare premium and deductible amounting to more than my maximum annual out of pocket under my old plan. Somebody has to pay for the deadbeats.

You aren't paying for the 5 minutes the docs spent with you. You're paying for the 30 minutes they spent with non paying patients and the overhead before they saw you. It's kind of like my Obamacare premium and deductible amounting to more than my maximum annual out of pocket under my old plan. Somebody has to pay for the deadbeats.

ain’t going to be me .

The funny thing my blushing bride was right . She said it was a kidney stone on day one , I am not going to be taking advantage of and help pay their student loan off . I’m going to dare them to take me to court . I’m going raise hell about this .
They will take you to court....and will get a judgement if you refuse to pay...When you signed into the ER you bascially gave them a blank check....Prepare to bend over...

One was for 600 dollars that came into the room for enough time to tell me that my regular doctor order a CT scan . Then came back in the room for two minutes to tell me I have a kidney stone.

the first ER doctor that didn’t catch the stone is charging me 400 plus doctor that stayed in the room for a total of five minutes.

two examples of what I call insurance fraud . The 400 plus dollar one label her detailed exam which checking my heart is detail that all she did .

Expect more in the coming days....everyone who came in the room or looked at your chart will bill you.... Its called CYA medicine and its is criminal....How many illegals were there when you were there ?? They will never pay a dime....

In most all cases you are correct. However, if this situation is described accurately, there is a fraudulent billing where the procedure code won't match the notes. This should be corrected by the hospital, but you have to raise the point before they will even look at it.

Always request a long form (showing full detail of the descriptions) bill from any hospital. Question anything that doesn't look right.

I'm billing $350 for reading the post.

If I let it go to collection and let them work their butt off for the money and contact . They will settle for a lot less . RoboKiller on my phone frustrates the hail out of them .

I settle a bill that was 1,000 dollars for 300 . Just by making them work their butt off and ignoring their calls. With technology you can block them .

I did this a long time ago .

If I let it go to collection and let them work their butt off for the money and contact . They will settle for a lot less . RoboKiller on my phone frustrates the hail out of them .

I settle a bill that was 1,000 dollars for 300 . Just by making them work their butt off and ignoring their calls. With technology you can block them .

I did this a long time ago .
I mean I guess this can work but your credit will be torched.

Update : I talked to them today and blasted them. I told them it’s fraud to say they did something and not do . I also ask them to define what those exams meant .

I told them I spent more time on hold than the doctor spent in the room . Also said isn’t odd that I went back a day after the first visit.

I called blue cross and they customer service agent told me by law they are required to pay claims that are submitted. Unless it’s pro long treatment . Even though it does make them roll their eyes .

she said we will pay it and be done with it

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

Were you at a real hospital ER or some closet at the local CVS pharmacy? Was this in Allerbammer? Yes? You could be f*kd. No? there's hope even if in Mississippi. Was the hospital in your insurance network? IF Yes > Tell the biller to go pound sand and go talk to the hospital for their cut of any payment from your insurance company; tell 'em to go pound sand and sue for the rest. IF No > Were you advised of the doctors or ER staff re being independent contractors? Is there clear, understandable, signage in the ER advising of such? Tell the biller to go pound sand; offer 10% of the billed amount: tell 'em to sue you for the rest. ARE you on Medicare and did the Hospital ER accept your Medicare card for payment? Yes? Advise the biller they'll just have to accept the medicare amount as payment; you ain't paying shit; go pound sand and sue you for anything else. Nobody is gonna sue anybody for a few hundred or even thousand dollars. Georgia just passed legislation to prevent exactly what you're going through. It's a racket. Don't give in. Remember: We're with you 100% right up till they drag you into a courtroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsa A. Dawg
They will take you to court....and will get a judgement if you refuse to pay...When you signed into the ER you bascially gave them a blank check....Prepare to bend over...
NOBODY is EVER going to waste a court's time for a few hundred or even thousands over a medical collection claim. I've refused to pay lots of overcharged medical bills and never ever heard from a single lawyer. I haven't and NEVER will pay an extraneous ER bill at an in network facility. Period.

NOBODY is EVER going to waste a court's time for a few hundred or even thousands over a medical collection claim. I've refused to pay lots of overcharged medical bills and never ever heard from a single lawyer. I haven't and NEVER will pay an extraneous ER bill at an in network facility. Period.
You are WRONG...as Usual... I only sold and serviced the Crap for 25 years....Bet your Credit is Crapola...

Reactions: blackpug6
You are WRONG...as Usual... I only sold and serviced the Crap for 25 years....Bet your Credit is Crapola...
I don't care what you've "done." I've told more doctors offices / hospitals / insurers to f*k off than I can count and I've won every single arbitration over 4 decades if they have the ballz to take me on. IN fact I NEVER pay ANY medical bill (other than routine stuff from a personal physician) until 6 months after initial billing so all the medical parties can get their acts together. I tell 'em that up front, too. Only cowards cave to bullshit medical Billings. Who gives a sh!t about "scores?" I don't cause I don't need to borrow a single dime and, besides, Cash is King. Never met a single banker who cares about "scores" once they see my balance sheet. I'm never wrong. I speak with deep experience on this topic.

Last edited:
I don't care what you've "done." I've told more doctors offices / hospitals / insurers to f*k off than I can count and I've won every single arbitration over 4 decades if they have the ballz to take me on. IN fact I NEVER pay ANY medical bill until 6 months after initial billing so all the medical parties can get their acts together. I tell 'em that up front, too. Only cowards cave to bullshit medical Billings. Who gives a sh!t about "scores?" I don't cause I don't need to borrow a single dime and, besides, Cash is King. Never met a single banker who cares about "scores" once they see my balance sheet. I'm never wrong. I speak with deep experience on this topic.
OK Roy...Take a Xanax...I don't care what you do...They Now cannot report medical collections on your credit for 180 days and many lenders don;t look at them anyway....They CAN sue you and get a Judgement if the bill is large enough...Had a dear friend that this happened to....he went to court and got railroaded.....Not everyone is a man of
MEANS like you...and can write his own loans......I too have deep experience .....I sold Group health insurance for 25 years and helped many clients with problems....One thing to agree....The system is F'd up and broken and just gets worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT