ADVERTISEMENT

So, last night I'm sitting in the Happy Hour room with......

deadduckdawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
N of shithole
the wife after having shaken up a Martini and a Cosmo. She informs me that tomorrow night Mars will pass between Earth and the Moon and will be seen as a black spot on the moon. I think a minute and say "Howdahell dat gonna happen, Mars is a hundred times farther away than the Moon?" And she starts arguing, telling me all the places she read it. I just whipped up another Martini and shut up. Today, I see it is Mercury passing between Earth and the Sun. Damb PhD Duke grad, ain't got sense to blow hot soup.

PhD Duke grad, duck have himself a lefty wifey?
With my wife, Mrs. JaneRussellDawg, I call this vicinity language. She is very smart, because after all she is a Georgia girl. So, she knows what she’s talking about but usually gets it just a little mixed up. As long as she says something in the vicinity of what she means, I can translate it to her actual meaning. If what she is saying is more than two zip codes away, I got nothing.

PhD Duke grad, duck have himself a lefty wifey?
No, she's a conservative Trump voter and supporter, conservative news junkie. Certainly unusual for a Dukie, especially since her PhD is in English. Duke Humanities programs are left of Venezuela. All her tennis team women are also Trump supporters. East Cobb is still mostly a pocket of conservatism, although it is changing. I think the entire country is changing, obviously.

With my wife, Mrs. JaneRussellDawg, I call this vicinity language. She is very smart, because after all she is a Georgia girl. So, she knows what she’s talking about but usually gets it just a little mixed up. As long as she says something in the vicinity of what she means, I can translate it to her actual meaning. If what she is saying is more than two zip codes away, I got nothing.
They’re all “a little mixed up”. Just stay away from a lot mixed up

That's FAH. I can absolutely relate. I find myself having to think for a few seconds to figure out WTF she's talking about. I will remember vicinity language. Somewhere in the vicinity of coherent.

No, she's a conservative Trump voter and supporter, conservative news junkie. Certainly unusual for a Dukie, especially since her PhD is in English. Duke Humanities programs are left of Venezuela. All her tennis team women are also Trump supporters. East Cobb is still mostly a pocket of conservatism, although it is changing. I think the entire country is changing, obviously.
It is changing no doubt...we’ve allowed places in Minnesota and around Detroit to get to another level of anti American imo...that’s just to name a couple of areas. On another note, how many college (just a %) age kids do u think would help defend this country if it was needed because of war...it seems different. I get the feeling too many would just hold up their arms and surrender.

Last edited:
It is changing no doubt...we’ve allowed places in Minnesota and around Detroit to get to another level of anti American imo...that’s just to name a couple of areas. On another note, how many college (just a %) age kids do u think would help defend this country if it was needed because of war to protect this country because of wat..it seems different. I get the feeling too many would just hold up their arms and surrender
Maybe you could put them in a closet somewhere with a monitor and a joystick and tell them it’s a game. Give them points for blowing shit up, killing jihadis. I’m convinced that’s what’s behind the military’s rush to armed robots —-wimps.

So last night in the Happy Hour room I experienced more vicinity language. The wife said she is making chili tomorrow night and bought a Prime chuck roast at the WalMart grocery store to grind up. I was surprised WalMart would have Prime and asked how much, to which she puffed up with smart-shopper pride and replied $3.19 per pound. I said you couldn't buy a piece of Prime horse meat for $3.19, so she stomped off to the refrigerator and brought the roast to me with a told-you-so look about her. I said "That ain't Prime, it says Premier, whateverdafuk that is." She made a halfhearted argument attempt, then folded. I said at least they both start with "Pr", so you did better than a lot of times.

So, I have had to interpret vicinity language two nights in a row while Martini-buzzed.

So last night in the Happy Hour room I experienced more vicinity language. The wife said she is making chili tomorrow night and bought a Prime chuck roast at the WalMart grocery store to grind up. I was surprised WalMart would have Prime and asked how much, to which she puffed up with smart-shopper pride and replied $3.19 per pound. I said you couldn't buy a piece of Prime horse meat for $3.19, so she stomped off to the refrigerator and brought the roast to me with a told-you-so look about her. I said "That ain't Prime, it says Premier, whateverdafuk that is." She made a halfhearted argument attempt, then folded. I said at least they both start with "Pr", so you did better than a lot of times.

So, I have had to interpret vicinity language two nights in a row while Martini-buzzed.

Woohoo! Round steak chili at Duck's while we wait for OCD's announcement!

Here's something odd. Sam's often has PRIME Brisket for cheaper than Choice. Barely over $3 per pound. But its the whole brisket...flat and point. I dont get understand it, but I do buy it!

Here's something odd. Sam's often has PRIME Brisket for cheaper than Choice. Barely over $3 per pound. But its the whole brisket...flat and point. I dont get understand it, but I do buy it!
My Sam’s has no Prime. It has parking lot beggars and scammers. I buy steaks there and have learned to find Choice which maybe should have been graded Prime. But you have to be armed to make it back to your car with your God Bless-ed meat. By the Big Chicken. Panhandlers, pigeons, and rats.

mule-893336_960_720.jpg

Reactions: deadduckdawg
JBD, you still go to the Commie Bar?

ADVERTISEMENT