ADVERTISEMENT

So, last night we were trying to find something to watch on TV ..,

JackRussellDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2018
Coastal Florida
We had just finished watching Narcos, and we needed something different. I wanted to watch a classic western, but my wife had other ideas.

So, we settled on something called “Glass Onion” with Daniel Craig who I like. Billed as a mystery comedy, that thing sucked swamp water, and we bailed about 15 minutes into it.

I then had the opportunity to select a classic western, and I chose “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.”

Filmed in 1962, the year I was born.
Directed by John Ford.
Black and White
Starring:
John Wayne
Jimmy Stewart
Lee Marvin
Vera Miles
Andy Devine
John Caradine
Strother Martin
Lee Van Cleeth
Denver Pyle
And a host of other familiar faces.

Did yourself a favor and watch it. It will make you feel good. It’s rich, the acting is superb, and you will feel good about America. And my wife loved it as well.

They don’t make them like this anymore, fellers.

The Duke made many classic westerns, however, "The Quiet Man "is, I believe his best film. It's not a western, but if you haven't seen it, check it out. You will enjoy it!
I was just telling my wife about that one! Tonight we watched Alfred Hitchcock’s “This Catch A Thief.” Another classic.

You are a wise man. Liberty Valance is an all time classic. Lee Marvin is a great villain.
“This time, dude, right between the eyes.”
Another JW classic is Red River. And of course, Rio Bravo.
another Hitchcock film to consider is either Rear Window or one of my favorites, North by Northwest. Heck, watch them both for just the dialog between adults.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT