ADVERTISEMENT

So my blushing bride called around to different vets

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
She call the vet we normally go to but they were going charge 400 dollars for shots and a check up . Called another one 390 dollars . She found one out in the county away from major animal lovers and dog is my son or daughter type people . Can you guess how much they charge ? Well 122 dollars . I called back our normal vet and chew the front desk person out and told her to have the scans doctor to call me .

She call the vet we normally go to but they were going charge 400 dollars for shots and a check up . Called another one 390 dollars . She found one out in the county away from major animal lovers and dog is my son or daughter type people . Can you guess how much they charge ? Well 122 dollars . I called back our normal vet and chew the front desk person out and told her to have the scans doctor to call me .
We have a health plan for our dogs with Banfield. Banfield is in most of the pet smart locations. It’s probabaly about $400/yr but that covers everything and if you need to take them in any other time(even out of town) then there is no office visit fee. We like it. You can pay monthly on it.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
We have a health plan for our dogs with Banfield. Banfield is in most of the pet smart locations. It’s probabaly about $400/yr but that covers everything and if you need to take them in any other time(even out of town) then there is no office visit fee. We like it. You can pay monthly on it.

Or be like me and my butthole self call around and save the monthly fee and don’t get scam .

The office manger called back just a few minutes ago and told me it a different kind shots . I told her she starting to sound like joe Biden .

I’m sick of being scam . Especially at the vet . It’s the biggest take advantage of the mental ill that think their dogs are their kids ever . With that said if you abuses a pet then you should catch a charge and be sentence for it .

stop getting scam .

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
We are out in the country, we know that already. In fact our daughter brings hers dogs all the way from Atlanta to one of them

We are out in the country, we know that already. In fact our daughter brings hers dogs all the way from Atlanta to one of them

the city vets and vets that think the person will do all they can for their “ son dog “ or “daughter “ gets scam badly . All of us pay for it .

she the office manager tried to tell me rabies vaccine was probably different than the ones they used . I asked for the name and Ms Joe Biden wouldn’t give it to me . That when I went off .

Yes if you think your dog or cat is your kid you mental health isn’t good. I will restate again , anyone that abuses dogs and cats should be charge and I will go a step further ban from owning another pet . Abuses is also dumping a box of puppies out .

the city vets and vets that think the person will do all they can for their “ son dog “ or “daughter “ gets scam badly . All of us pay for it .

she the office manager tried to tell me rabies vaccine was probably different than the ones they used . I asked for the name and Ms Joe Biden wouldn’t give it to me . That when I went off .

Yes if you think your dog or cat is your kid you mental health isn’t good. I will restate again , anyone that abuses dogs and cats should be charge and I will go a step further ban from owning another pet . Abuses is also dumping a box of puppies out .
LOL, you are right! When I lived near decatur, I had a vet call my lab, my son and I immediately corrected him. I said Ace is my dog, not my son.

I saw six kittens dumped beside the dumpsters last month. It broke my heart, and I shoot armadillos and other pests. We have three barn cats already. I so agree with you.

LOL, you are right! When I lived near decatur, I had a vet call my lab, my son and I immediately corrected him. I said Ace is my dog, not my son.

I saw six kittens dumped beside the dumpsters last month. It broke my heart, and I shoot armadillos and other pests. We have three barn cats already. I so agree with you.

I have corrected vets to . By saying are you saying my daughter looks like a dog ? My gosh . She only three

I have even told the doctor before , if treatment is going cost more than putting the dog to sleep , don’t even waste your time telling me . Go ahead and put the dog to sleep . The look of holy ______ came over the doctor . I’m not going help you take in profits .

this experience today has even more firm my belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLC_Dawg
I have corrected vets to . By saying are you saying my daughter looks like a dog ? My gosh . She only threw .

I have even told the doctor before , if treatment is going cost more than putting the dog to sleep , don’t even waste your time telling me . Go ahead and put the dog to sleep . The look of holy ______ came over the doctor . I’m not going help you take in profits .

this experience today has even more firm my belief.
As a veterinarian, I would highly recommend you never own an animal again. Yikes.

As a veterinarian, I would highly recommend you never own an animal again. Yikes.

Y’all should stop taking advantage of people . Stop scamming people out of higher cost . When it’s not a higher cost . I’m not a owner of dogs to make you rich like a brain surgeon. Today taught me what con most vets are . Con artist and scammers. Wanna be doctors . That take advantage of the mental ill

Last edited:
Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Y’all should stop taking advantage of people . Stop scamming people out of higher cost . When it’s not a higher cost . I’m not a owner of dogs to make you rich like a brain surgeon. Today taught me what con most vets are . Con artist and scammers. Wanna be doctors . That take advantage of the mental ill

You’re insane, and I’ll just leave it at that.

122 for what three vets charge 400 390 and 380 . Then one tried to convince me that there a difference in rabies shots .

Nope not getting scam . How much do you charge ?

I charge what I’m worth. And I have absolutely no shortage of business, so it works for me. Painting all vets like that is sort of like painting all police officers as power hungry racists right?

122 for what three vets charge 400 390 and 380 . Then one tried to convince me that there a difference in rabies shots .

Nope not getting scam . How much do you charge ?

That's a pretty cynical viewpoint. Most vets, at least those I know, are animal lovers and owners themselves and want to help other people's pets.

I'm sure there are some who are in it for the money and 400 does seem high. But I'd hardly call it a scam.

That's a pretty cynical viewpoint. Most vets, at least those I know, are animal lovers and owners themselves and want to help other people's pets.

I'm sure there are some who are in it for the money and 400 does seem high. But I'd hardly call it a scam.

I believe some of the abandonment of dogs because of affordable of vets wouldn’t yo charge . That what I found out. When it’s cheaper to put a pet down than treating the pet , then you have a problem .

this I know my worth is another I over charge and I don’t care . Yes some or most are pet owners so they should know what the max should be charge .

if I was given a choice to pay 800 for treatment vs 180 to 200 to end life . I will get another dog every time . Really my max is 1000 . If treatment hits above 1000 it’s goodbye time

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT