ADVERTISEMENT

So we left Georgia in 2016. Planning to get back in next two years.

GwinnettDawg

Circle of Honor
Aug 7, 2001
Cotuit, MA
I grew up in Albany, attended school in Statesboro and lived in Gwinnett/Suwanee for a good 26 years.

What part of the state is best, iyo. And why? I think we may start looking over towards Athens towards Lake Oconee or over by Hoschton/Braselton. Where else? I’m on Cape Cod, MA the last 3 years and I have gotten used to these summers and falls. Fall in NE is friggin awesome. Whachugot?

I grew up in Albany, attended school in Statesboro and lived in Gwinnett/Suwanee for a good 26 years.

What part of the state is best, iyo. And why? I think we may start looking over towards Athens towards Lake Oconee or over by Hoschton/Braselton. Where else? I’m on Cape Cod, MA the last 3 years and I have gotten used to these summers and falls. Fall in NE is friggin awesome. Whachugot?
Except for San Diego, which is perfect year around, everywhere else in the country is generally terrific for 3/4 of the year. Pick your poison. Summer or winter.

Sorry, all of Georgia north of I-20 is full. Too many people here already.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs

Oconee County is great, Madison is nice, north Georgia mountains are nice, and St Simons / Sea Island are great. I live in Cherokee County and we like it, but we spend most of our weekends at our mountain cabin near Mineral Bluff. I’ve lived a fair portion of my adult life in the metro Atlanta area and Atlanta is fine as far as cities go, but the older I get, the less I like cities.

I grew up in All-Biny too....was a decent place to live in 70's/early 80s.

We now live in Hiawassee....love it! Close....but not too close...to Atlanta, and an easy ride to Athens.

I grew up in All-Biny too....was a decent place to live in 70's/early 80s.

We now live in Hiawassee....love it! Close....but not too close...to Atlanta, and an easy ride to Athens.
What year/HS? 85 Westover here. Wasn’t too bad then as you said. Lots of keg parties in the woods, driving Slappey. Seems like a wasteland now. Haven’t been there much since my mom passed in 2014.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
What year/HS? 85 Westover here. Wasn’t too bad then as you said. Lots of keg parties in the woods, driving Slappey. Seems like a wasteland now. Haven’t been there much since my mom passed in 2014.
84 Albany High. Yep...the keg parties on Fussel Road and elsewhere were classic...cruising Slappey and hanging out at Putt-Putt, Albany Mall....simple but fun times.

Same here...only go to that area to go quail hunting.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
84 Albany High. Yep...the keg parties on Fussel Road and elsewhere were classic...cruising Slappey and hanging out at Putt-Putt, Albany Mall....simple but fun times.

Same here...only go to that area to go quail hunting.
Sure you know a lot of the same folks as me. I actually went to AJHS from way across town when they jacked up the busing.

Yep...same here. You would've been in 8th grade then when I was in 9th, and I'm positive we'd know some of the same folk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT