ADVERTISEMENT

Stay safe Chat Friends…

Everyone keep an eye on the weather tonight, there will be some embedded tornadoes. This storm will cause an incredible amount of damage to the pecan industry in Georgia for many years to come , as well as tremendous damage to row crop farmers & the timber industry! Everyone stay safe!

Everyone keep an eye on the weather tonight, there will be some embedded tornadoes. This storm will cause an incredible amount of damage to the pecan industry in Georgia for many years to come , as well as tremendous damage to row crop farmers & the timber industry! Everyone stay safe!
How many years does it take a newly planted pecan tree to start producing?

Last edited:
3 Pete, it varies by variety, Caddo, Lakota,Creek& a few other newer varieties will produce a few lbs per tree in 5 years. Other varieties take a few years longer. Have a safe night & good weekend. Go Dawgs!

And landscape ornamental tree farmers too… I’m sick to my stomach pacing around right now thinking about all my 1-2” caliper trees that are big beautiful and full leaves… but the trunks can’t support the heavy tops if it gets too windy… I got thousands of them all tied up with 1-3 bamboo stakes each… I’m going to lose hundreds I’m afraid… snapped like match sticks… barf…

Power been out since 4:30am where I am in SC. Still no ETA when it should be restored. 😐

Valdosta and Augusta seemed to be hit hardest. Albany, Tifton and T’ville seemed to miss the worst. Clear skies in SW Georgia, we’ll be ready for big game tomorrow!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT