ADVERTISEMENT

The 404 gimmick is actually a very good one. Problem is it'a next to impossible to make Tech appear cool. I can think of only one coach who could...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Probably pull it off, at least from a recruiting standpoint. I still have no clue what his CEO abilities are... and that's Coach Prime. He could sell/transform a culture that doesn't exist. Tech's campus works against them, even if it's in a city. It comes across as more of something created on a movie set (the campus aspect). It's obtuse and it doesn't seem all that authentically urban either. It feels like a bubble... artificial. I actually applaud the idea, but with what he has to work with, Collins comes across very try-hard and Mullen-like. Deion could get kids on campus... dunno what he'd do with them... but (and probably only) he could make that shtick work.

They'd probably never go after Deion, but at this point, I'm not even sure what they have to lose. Even the students almost don't care about football, much less playing UGA.

I only know 1 Tech fan who either didn't attend Tech or who has a family member who attended. In a few years you will have a few living generations who have no connection to Trek being relevant at football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News