The latest GA figures

ferris

Sausage King of Chicago
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Athens, Ga
on covid from the governor:

Friends,

With the Dawgs winning their first game of the season and President Trump nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett for the U.S. Supreme Court, there's little talk of Georgia's encouraging progress in the fight against COVID-19.

Below you will find some key stats and rankings that prove our measured approach to the pandemic is working. We hope you will share this important - and timely - information with your family and friends:

▪​
Georgia's 7-day average of new cases is 1,219. That's DOWN 28% from last week.​
▪​
The number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized is 1,287. That's DOWN 60% from the peak in late July.​
▪​
Georgia's effective reproduction rate (Rt) is .86. That's the LOWEST in America.​
▪​
Our percent positive of COVID-19 tests continues to DROP. The 7-day average FELL to 6.3%.​
As always, we appreciate your strong support of Governor Kemp and his bold leadership. Together, we will build a safer, stronger, and more prosperous future for our great state!

-Team Kemp

on covid from the governor:

Friends,

With the Dawgs winning their first game of the season and President Trump nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett for the U.S. Supreme Court, there's little talk of Georgia's encouraging progress in the fight against COVID-19.

Below you will find some key stats and rankings that prove our measured approach to the pandemic is working. We hope you will share this important - and timely - information with your family and friends:

▪​
Georgia's 7-day average of new cases is 1,219. That's DOWN 28% from last week.​
▪​
The number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized is 1,287. That's DOWN 60% from the peak in late July.​
▪​
Georgia's effective reproduction rate (Rt) is .86. That's the LOWEST in America.​
▪​
Our percent positive of COVID-19 tests continues to DROP. The 7-day average FELL to 6.3%.​
As always, we appreciate your strong support of Governor Kemp and his bold leadership. Together, we will build a safer, stronger, and more prosperous future for our great state!

-Team Kemp

And yet, things have pretty much been open since late-April, and got even more open in August when some schools and colleges returned to F2F instruction.

How is the economy in Georgia (which has a tremendous effect on health, BTW)?

August unemployment rate is 5.6% (National average is 8.4%).
August tax collections UP 7.4% from August, 2019, when no one had heard of COVID-19.

And, in fairness, at the time I thought Kemp (who I did not vote for) jumped the gun on the reopening by a few weeks. I was wrong.

And yet, things have pretty much been open since late-April, and got even more open in August when some schools and colleges returned to F2F instruction.

August tax collections UP 7.4% from August, 2019, when no one had heard of COVID-19.

And, in fairness, at the time I thought Kemp (who I did not vote for) jumped the gun on the reopening by a few weeks. I was wrong.
I was pretty critical of BK’s decisions as well. But he listened to his team and has been a very good leader for the state. I am beyond grateful he is running this state versus the alternative.

So youre saying you voted for SA? Lord help , I hope not

Lord help us
I think he’s done a pretty good job so far. Certainly better than Cuomo or Newsom and definitely better than Jabba the Hut would’ve done. We’d still be locked down, and probably under a mandatory outdoor mask requirement if that fat, incompetent pig were in charge.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT