ADVERTISEMENT

The rocks are being petted and the enthusiasm is growing with Clem and his sons....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
(These posts are in response to Bill Connelly projecting a 36-20 UGA win)

"Kentucky is an SEC team and we held them to 35 last year." Clem: I don't know that I see UGA scoring 36 though unless we just look terrible for some odd reason on Defense.

"War is war, but business is business" Clem: I am a huge Orange ,but also,a realist- I have no problem with $1,ooo down and betting that Ga beats the spread!

Whiner to the mods Clem: How long is this loser going to be allowed to trash the Tigers on this site?

"We won't get beat by 58" Clem:
History says this is a much closer game than that.

The only thing I can figure is they (Vegas) are basing that on the fact that Georgia totally dismantled the last Garrett Riley offense they faced, which was TCU, by a score of 65-7. Hate to break it to Vegas, but WE AIN'T NO FRIGGIN' TCU!

"If Tech can do it...." Clem: All based on last year's numbers and computer projections. FSU was an 11.5 point favorite. Off by 14+. So much for predictions.

"The odds are in our favor" Clem: 82% is the probability ESPN has of Georgia beating Clemson this weekend. 81% was the probability that ESPN had for Florida State beating Georgia Tech last weekend. Just sayin...

"But other than that, what have the Romans done for us?" Clem:
Clemson by 7

Take last years team, take away the wacko turnovers, add back the injured wide receivers, add 2 more talented WR, give the QB another year of experience, bring back the entire o-line now coached by a champion, keep a strong D, and have a decent kicker right out of the bat.
Now add a little bitterness and something to prove and you got a dangerous team ready to rock the world and silence the doubters!

monty-python-life.gif

"Carson who?" Clem:
Georgia isn't scoring 30+ points on our defense. Now if we gift them 3 or 4 turnovers , then sure .
If Cade and the OL hold up and move the ball and control that clock well with Mafah ...we can win the game.
I am a huge non-believer in Carson Beck under pressure....and I think he's gonna be just that. Stop their run and limit the big plays.

"Poor Georgia" Clem:
"It's us against the world, guys!"

I would not want to be a fan of another team which is so heavily favored on Clemson.

"Our OC is Oklahoma's old HC, right?" Clem: Kirby vs. Garrett Riley.
2 of the best in the business former top assistant coach award winners, highest paid coordinators going at it.
What a chess match this will be. Kirby may not know what just hit him.

"If you can't beat 'em, trash talk 'em" Clem: no comparison at all... Kirby runs the 'jail break' system at uga. Hard to compete with that method when you get away with it.

"Kirby was born on 3rd base" Clem: Riley did much more at TCU with less than Kirby has ever done...Riley had a great winner type QB, not greatest talent but could improvise...first class RB from Mt.Enterprise TX. (Find that on your map) and some WRs who could run specific routes...then scatter..OK line! He made that work..when the RB got hurt they had no depth! Kirby has always been 5 star rich!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.