ADVERTISEMENT

The smugness of the Harris campaign. 2016 part deux….

-lowcountrydawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 20, 2002
charleston sc usa
For all the laughter about the pet-eating gate. My thought is that I don't know the whole truth about the Ohio / Hatian thing, but this is what I suspect:

1) The folks there are super frustrated with how the Biden program funneling Hatians to their community as affected the community, and especially the handouts they are given relative to the citizens who had already been living there struggling with inflation, as the rest of the country has. No issues with the Haitians themselves but it is a legit issue being met with jokes.

2) The smug making fun of Trump / Vance over the eating pets thing is fun for the left. And they also way over-estimate the effectiveness of it on anyone who isn't already wired to hate those guys. In fact, I think the continued focus on stuff like this actually gaslights folks who are rightly concerned about illegal immigration in general, and especially concerned about the economy / inflation.

Did I roll my eyes and utter a "WTF Trump?!:" when he yelled they are eating our pets in the debate? Yes.

Are the democrats totally overplaying what they think is a good hand on this issue? Yes.

There is a 2016 dynamic to the smugness of this campaign towards Trump and regular Americans. And in 2016 we weren't dealing with inflation.

These "jabs" the left think are landing with stuff like this might be landing in the wrong spot.

Americans are pissed about things that matter. And making fun of the stuff that Trump / Vance say about pets does not matter to regular Americans.....but the underlying issue they are highlighting does.

Kind of doing their job for them. Nice work. Keep it up. It is working.

For all the laughter about the pet-eating gate. My thought is that I don't know the whole truth about the Ohio / Hatian thing, but this is what I suspect:

1) The folks there are super frustrated with how the Biden program funneling Hatians to their community as affected the community, and especially the handouts they are given relative to the citizens who had already been living there struggling with inflation, as the rest of the country has. No issues with the Haitians themselves but it is a legit issue being met with jokes.

2) The smug making fun of Trump / Vance over the eating pets thing is fun for the left. And they also way over-estimate the effectiveness of it on anyone who isn't already wired to hate those guys. In fact, I think the continued focus on stuff like this actually gaslights folks who are rightly concerned about illegal immigration in general, and especially concerned about the economy / inflation.

Did I roll my eyes and utter a "WTF Trump?!:" when he yelled they are eating our pets in the debate? Yes.

Are the democrats totally overplaying what they think is a good hand on this issue? Yes.

There is a 2016 dynamic to the smugness of this campaign towards Trump and regular Americans. And in 2016 we weren't dealing with inflation.

These "jabs" the left think are landing with stuff like this might be landing in the wrong spot.

Americans are pissed about things that matter. And making fun of the stuff that Trump / Vance say about pets does not matter to regular Americans.....but the underlying issue they are highlighting does.

I hope you are right.

The Harris Admin is a bunch of tards.

There’s a little smugness, but also a lot of calling out the dog whistles and lies of the baseless accusations. As I pointed out in the other thread, many GOP voters may not take issue with the lies and the outright racism of what Clay Higgins tweeted, but don’t think it isn’t continueing to mobilize people on the left.

One of my most favorite things to do now is to watch Vance be interviewed by abc, cnn, msnbc and all the other liberal news people. He makes mincemeat out of them, he is so calm, very smart and doesn’t let them get away with anything. Love it!

There’s a little smugness, but also a lot of calling out the dog whistles and lies of the baseless accusations. As I pointed out in the other thread, many GOP voters may not take issue with the lies and the outright racism of what Clay Higgins tweeted, but don’t think it isn’t continueing to mobilize people on the left.
Sure it is. Folks that already would have walked across coals to vote against Trump. Maybe some of those wouldn’t have turned out for Biden but they were gonna vote for Harris the minute she coup’d him.

The problem is that by incessantly focusing on shit that the majority of the country doesn’t care about, it is gaslighting folks who are hurting economically and / or have a real beef with the number of immigrants in this country getting benefits, jobs, and in some cases committing crimes.

Trump can’t help himself and has no discipline about saying dumb shit. Dude would be running away with this if he just put duct tape over his mouth after the first assassinarion attempt. But the left can’t help themselves either. It feels good to make fun of trump and joke about him with a dose of superiority and moral / intellectual high ground.

The incessant smug making fun of Trump and Vance in particular (who is an obviously smart guy and not as “weird” as left thinks) is a dig at those folks who are struggling. The “well let me start by saying I grew up in a middle class family” answers to questions about why folks were better off four years ago is an insult to those struggling.

Insulting the intelligence of anyone who might dare to consider voting for Trump is a proven loser. But the left can’t help themselves.

Reactions: doerunn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT