ADVERTISEMENT

They partyin' it up in there in Ferguson. Celebrating

Bake Ham

Letterman and National Champion
Oct 17, 2012
and justifying the shooting of the "racist pigs".

What a bunch of fine upstanding 'Mericans. Glad my tax dollars are giving them an opportunity to live the dream.
uzi.r191677.gif

D,JD

Here is my shameless re-use of something posted earlier.

These people are (literally) putty in the hands of those seeking to enslave them. What a gross level of stupidity to do as they are doing, when the inevitable is right in front of them.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of
masters." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Our Constitution was made only fora moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." (John Adams, October 11, 1798.)

"Men are
qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains on their own appetites-in proportion as their love to justice is above their rapacity;-in proportion as their soundness and sobriety of understanding is above their vanity and presumption;-in proportion as they are more disposed to listen to the counsels of the wise and good, in preference to the flattery of knaves. Society cannot exist unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere, and the less of it there is within, the more there is without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." (Edmund Burke, A Letter From Mr. Burke To A Member Of The
National Assembly, 1791.)

"Despotism may govern without faith, but liberty cannot. Religion is much more necessary in the republic…than in the monarchy…How is it possible that society should escape destruction if the moral tie is not strengthened in proportion as the
political tie is relaxed? And what can be done with a people who are their own masters if they are not submissive to the Deity?" (Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America, Volume I, p. 318.)

This post was edited on 3/12 2:12 PM by SleepingDawgLying

"As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have

more need of masters." (Benjamin Franklin)

I'm pretty confident that the progressives have that very thought in mind as Obammy and his minions continue the radical transformation of this country.

If things continue along the path they are on now, the gubbmint will have to step in and impose law and order - martial law and kangaroo courts will be the order the day.

And these rubes don't yet realize that these "freedoms" they are exercising now will be the excuse the gubbmint uses to hang them a little further down the road.

I agree. The more I read what the founding fathers had to say....

... about the foundation behind their creating our form of government, the more I see what wise men they truly were.

They were wise because they had an understanding of humanity and what is needed in order to exist and live as free people. A person can't be a liar and a thief and expect to remain free very long. Eventually, their behavior will bring them under someone or something that has to govern them to keep them in line.

Here is an awesome quote from Alex de Tocqueville.

"Religion in America takes no direct part in the government of society, but it must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. Indeed, it is in this same point of view that the inhabitants of the United States themselves look upon religious belief.

"I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion-for who can search the human heart?-but I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions. This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation and to every rank of society.

"In the United States, the sovereign authority is religious...there is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility and of its conformity to human nature than that its influence is powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth." (Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America, 1830.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT