ADVERTISEMENT

Think about this.. 50 fatalities a year in USA from lightning strikes...

Gusta Dawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2015
There are actually about 1,000 lightning strikes a year that hits someone. 50 dead. Now what if I told you that every week tens of millions of restless people who have been brainwashed to fear thunder & lightning get nothing but bad news on their social media & news on the latest death from this scourge. They have been taught that lightning is perpetrated on them due to climate change or something else. So almost every SINGLE WEEK all we hear about is another dead person from lightning. You know where I’m going with this, because all of these police shootings are the same thing except they happen MUCH LESS than the lightning strikes.

Last edited:
There are actually about 1,000 lightning strikes a year that hits someone. 50 dead. Now what if I told you that every week tens of millions of restless people who have been brainwashed to fear thunder & lightning get nothing but bad news on their social media & news on the latest death from this scourge. They have been taught that lightning is perpetrated on them due to climate change or something else. So almost every SINGLE WEEK all we hear about is another dead person from lightning. You know where I’m going with this, because all of these police shootings are the same thing except they happen MUCH LESS than the lightning strikes.

That is one of the worst analogies that I have read.

No surprise coming from someone who might be one of the top contenders for most blocked. You hate it it because you know it’s true.

If it's true, I like it. It means people don't want to hear anything they don't agree with. Sort of like Trump now that I think about it. Some need that constant approval.

EXCELLENT analogy. I guarantee you the pure logic will trigger somebody who cant handle being shown how stupid they are.

EXCELLENT analogy. I guarantee you the pure logic will trigger somebody who cant handle being shown how stupid they are.
Exactly!! We live in a world now where people can wake up every day and be outraged by something new. People who rarely even followed current events are now bombarded with the latest outrage.

How bout this one. 30 unarmed white people were killed by police last year. It was nine, but they found away to add five after the fact somehow, so 14 unarmed AA people were killed last year by police. 50 people were killed by lightning strikes last year.

Here is your simple analogy. You are more likely to be struck and killed by lightning than killed while unarmed by a police officer. Where do I sign up to destroy some shit?

32 people have died due to riots and civil unrest so far in 2020. The peaceful protestors are on pace to kill three times as many innocent people as they are mostly peacefully protesting being killed.

Last edited:
How bout this one. 30 unarmed white people were killed by police last year. It was nine, but they found away to add five after the fact somehow, so 14 unarmed AA people were killed last year by police. 50 people were killed by lightning strikes last year.

Here is your simple analogy. You are more likely to be struck and killed by lightning than killed while unarmed by a police officer. Where do I sign up to destroy some shit?

Those are facts, not an analogy. There is no similarity to each other.

Your last sentence shows you're not serious about this.

What do those facts(your words) say to you? Where do I sign up to destroy some shit?

The definition of analogy literally says a comparison between what happens in society and nature for a point of clarification. Those are both facts and an analogy.

Last edited:
What do those facts(your words) say to you? Where do I sign up to destroy some shit?

If those facts are true, more people were killed by lightning than unarmed people were killed by police. So what's your point?

If those facts are true, more people were killed by lightning than unarmed people were killed by police. So what's your point?
I think I made it pretty clear. Why are people destroying shit? Bad things happen. Progress has been made to a point where the old saying, you are less likely to be struck by lightning comes into play

It means that the narrative that black males should fear being shot by police every time they leave their house is completely irrational. That’s the point and it’s very easy to understand.

It means that the narrative that black males should fear being shot by police every time they leave their house is completely irrational. That’s the point and it’s very easy to understand.

WTF asked you. He was trying to make some asinine comment about being an analogy, but you want to make it something else.

Fine, it's all yours.

32 people have died due to riots and civil unrest so far in 2020. The peaceful protestors are on pace to kill three times as many innocent people as they are mostly peacefully protesting being killed.
And that is exactly the point Celtic missed. Lightning strikes are so rare, that people use the term you are more likely to get hit by lightning than.... fill in the blank. If they made a huge deal about one person a week getting hit by lightning, then the same knuckleheads would think people are dying all the time from lightning.

And that is exactly the point Celtic missed. Lightning strikes are so rare, that people use the term you are more likely to get hit by lightning than.... fill in the blank. If they made a huge deal about one person a week getting hit by lightning, then the same knuckleheads would think people are dying all the time from lightning.

Celtic gets it. He's simply trying to use the worn out dem debate tactics. Deny, deny, deny and when the denials are no longer remotely credible, change the subject. Never, ever cede a point to the other side.

For example. The protest are peaceful, the protest are peaceful, the violence is a myth, fiery but mostly peaceful protest. Then, the violence is Trump's America.

Celtic gets it. He's simply trying to use the worn out dem debate tactics. Deny, deny, deny and when the denials are no longer remotely credible, change the subject. Never, ever cede a point to the other side.

For example. The protest are peaceful, the protest are peaceful, the violence is a myth, fiery but mostly peaceful protest. Then, the violence is Trump's America.

Well you and the others still don't get it. It was never a discussion of how often people are killed by the police and it certainly wasn't about protest. But you have such a one track mind that you can only see things the way you want. And so you go to the above.

My initial comment, which still stands, was that this was not an analogy, but was a very poor attempt. But everybody is trying to make it something else. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some people can't stay with the discussion.

Well you and the others still don't get it. It was never a discussion of how often people are killed by the police and it certainly wasn't about protest. But you have such a one track mind that you can only see things the way you want. And so you go to the above.

My initial comment, which still stands, was that this was not an analogy, but was a very poor attempt. But everybody is trying to make it something else. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some people can't stay with the discussion.

Oh, we get it. If you are a black guy in America that isn't involved in a criminal racket, isn't wanted on an active warrant or isn't committing a crime and you comply with lawful orders, your statistical chances of getting killed by the police is only slightly higher than a sewer gator in NYC popping up from a sewer grate and feasting on you. It's not only rare, it's almost non existent.

You have been provided with stats. You have been provided with the definition of an analogy and you've been provided with context but you will NEVER admit that Labron James' fear of leaving his house is about as warranted as Kobe's fear of flying in a helicopter.

There are a lot of issues and hurdles that harm some black communities. Yes, there are even some police tactics that should be reviewed but libs like you will cling to specious arguments and avoid hard cold facts and reasonable corrections for some sick, twisted reason. Take school choice for example. Your side would rather force a parent to send their kid to a school that needs metal detectors rather than providing them with a voucher that could pay for a private school or fund charter schools. We get it.

I'm just sitting here envisioning grown men screaming with vulgar hate that by God, they're gonna wear their tinfoil hat while they stand under a power line in the middle of a thunderstorm. No one is gonna stop them. Because dadgummit, they're Americans, they're free to do what they want. Going inside when there's cloud-to-ground lightning is oppressive and contrary to their religious liberty.

Last edited:
Reactions: celticdawg

Spot-on. The playbook in action.

This is not a race problem at all it is a class problem.
It appears the economy is doing well but the truth the worlds wealth right now is shifting into fewer people’s hands, a few are buying up all the stocks running the price up making the economy look strong, but in reality the wealth of the world will be in fewer hands when this is all over. This is what is really being done around the world, and it being overlooked this is the scam.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I'm just sitting here envisioning grown men screaming with vulgar hate that by God, they're gonna wear their tinfoil hat while they stand under a power line in the middle of a thunderstorm. No one is gonna stop them. Because dadgummit, they're Americans, they're free to do what they want. Going inside when there's cloud-to-ground lightning is oppressive and contrary to their religious liberty.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Spe77

Great point. You perfectly illustrated liberal logic. If I wanted to argue my point like a liberal, I'd say I'm sitting here envisioning a bunch of adolescents soiling their pants and afraid to go outdoors because they are afraid of the .0000001 chance that a cop may gun them down if they venture outside. But that would be a childish response so I'll go with this.

If you possess any intelligence at all and don't want to be struck by lighting, you won't be paralyzed with fear but you'll seek shelter if lightning is in your area.

Likewise, if you don't want the .0000001 chance that you will be the victim of death at the hands of the police as an unarmed person, don't shack up with a known drug dealer and launder his money, don't fight if you are informed you are under arrest and don't present as threatening to a police officer, esp in an already stressful situation.

You see, my side can easily admit there are bad cops that need to be weeded out, good cops can sometimes make tragic mistakes and most high crime areas are sometimes over aggressively policed. Policing should always be reviewed and cops that commit crimes under the color of authority should be prosecuted.

Your side isn't capable of admitting that a guy that was informed he was under arrest, fought, tried to take an officer's gun, did take a taser and attempted to shoot an officer with said taser was largely responsible for the actions taken by the cops. You'd rather make snarky, insulting comments and pretend you're righteous than actually look for real solutions to the real problems that are harming these communities. But hey, close your eyes and envision me waving a lightning rod in a thunderstorm if it makes you feel smart.

Last edited:

Since we're dealing in facts, explain the riots in light of these facts:

Out of the approximately 375 million annual police encounters by Americans in 2019, 999 ended in shooting fatalities by police (0.0003 percent). Only 14 of those were unarmed blacks (0.000004 percent). Exactly one of those unarmed blacks was not attempting to resist or evade arrest. (0.0000003 percent). And yet it's all the justification liberals need to try to burn down the world.

Out of the approximately 375 million annual police encounters by Americans in 2019, 999 ended in shooting fatalities by police (0.0003 percent). Only 14 of those were unarmed blacks (0.000004 percent). Exactly one of those unarmed blacks was not attempting to resist or evade arrest. (0.0000003 percent). And yet it's all the justification liberals need to try to burn down the world.

Exactly, there will never be perfect policing until we have perfect criminals.

Are you just being dense or you haven't read my responses above?

You're assuming you said anything of worth. Don't let the facts get in your liberal way.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg

Apparently Biden came out last nite and said he would have absolutely no problem shutting the economy down every time it rains if the experts at The Weather Channel said it is possible that someone could get hit by lightning in a thunderstorm.

Upon hearing that, Greta Thornburg bit an adult on the ankle (victim is currently In rabies protocol) and OAC blathered something about cow farts. Nancy Pelosi held a press conference to accuse President Trump of racistly and deliberately making it rain as a tool for voter fraud.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg

celtic, his point, in regards to the current narrative is spot on. Being killed by a gun and getting killed by lightening cannot be compared. But the narrative of fear driven by the media doesn’t fit.

Lebron James says he fears for his life to go out his door because he might get shot by a police officer.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Let’s look closer at what causes police shootings.

When a police officer engages someone, they have called in whatever information they have, license plate, dr lic, etc. They know at that point what they are dealing with.

If there is a criminal past, the officer must be on high alert. If there is a criminal past, the suspect must respect that point in time.

What gets people shot is behavior, past and present. If present behavior matches the past behavior, what is a police officer suppose to do?

So a dangerous person is confronted. The only thing known about the person is a violent or criminal history. The dangerous person resists, why?

The why is where people get killed.

And we are promoting resistance, which gets people killed.

Yes, there are more lightening deaths than police shootings. In 99% if the shootings, criminal behavior past and present is a part of it.

So instead of working police around criminal behavior, fix criminal behavior. Teach our children how to be citizens. Teach children respect for people instead of self esteem.

Society needs an enema. We need to parent and engage our children. This isn’t a racial thing, it’s a societal thing. We need to understand our place as parents to teach our children.

We can teach our children to not hold a metal rod on a hill during a storm.... we can teach our children to respect their citizenship and understand their responsibilities.

This is hard. It isn’t a protest march fix. It isn’t demanding change from someone else. It’s changing our ways and accepting our past failures and learning from them.

The citizenry of our country is broken.

That is what our leaders need to promote. Being responsible.

Hope you are well. Not being a coffee drinker, go drink some tea or something. Good day my friend.

celtic, his point, in regards to the current narrative is spot on. Being killed by a gun and getting killed by lightening cannot be compared. But the narrative of fear driven by the media doesn’t fit.

Lebron James says he fears for his life to go out his door because he might get shot by a police officer.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Let’s look closer at what causes police shootings.

When a police officer engages someone, they have called in whatever information they have, license plate, dr lic, etc. They know at that point what they are dealing with.

If there is a criminal past, the officer must be on high alert. If there is a criminal past, the suspect must respect that point in time.

What gets people shot is behavior, past and present. If present behavior matches the past behavior, what is a police officer suppose to do?

So a dangerous person is confronted. The only thing known about the person is a violent or criminal history. The dangerous person resists, why?

The why is where people get killed.

And we are promoting resistance, which gets people killed.

Yes, there are more lightening deaths than police shootings. In 99% if the shootings, criminal behavior past and present is a part of it.

So instead of working police around criminal behavior, fix criminal behavior. Teach our children how to be citizens. Teach children respect for people instead of self esteem.

Society needs an enema. We need to parent and engage our children. This isn’t a racial thing, it’s a societal thing. We need to understand our place as parents to teach our children.

We can teach our children to not hold a metal rod on a hill during a storm.... we can teach our children to respect their citizenship and understand their responsibilities.

This is hard. It isn’t a protest march fix. It isn’t demanding change from someone else. It’s changing our ways and accepting our past failures and learning from them.

The citizenry of our country is broken.

That is what our leaders need to promote. Being responsible.

Hope you are well. Not being a coffee drinker, go drink some tea or something. Good day my friend.

PW - I agree with what you have said here. Also, if he had said that it's more likely to be killed by lightning, I would have no problem with that statement.

However, to quote from your first paragraph here, "Being killed by a gun and getting killed by lightning cannot be compared." That is why I said it was the worst analogy I have seen. As I later tried to explain that was the only point I was trying to make. I don't disagree with the underlying issue (I do disagree with some other statements made ITT), but you are the first to lay it out eloquently.

I am doing well and hope you are also. As a coffee drinker, I'm engaged in that practice right now. And a great day to you.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
So the moral of your story is to stand out in the middle of a field, with metal spiked baseball shoes, while holding a 20 foot metal pole in your hand on a thunderstorm to show the "man" that it's all a hoax and your not afraid?

So the moral of your story is to stand out in the middle of a field, with metal spiked baseball shoes, while holding a 20 foot metal pole in your hand on a thunderstorm to show the "man" that it's all a hoax and your not afraid?

No, I think the moral of the story is do not live in fear of being struck by lightning or getting gunned down by a cop that is hunting you. However, if you wish to reduce the already outrageously low chances of being shot by a cop or hit by lightning, USE F ING COMMON SENSE.

You don't wave a lightning rod during a lightning storm and you don't fight with cops after being informed you are under arrest. It's really not complicated at all. Lighting striking people down isn't a huge problem in this country and neither is cops shooting unarmed, law abiding citizens that are minding their own business.

Who’s post did you get that from?

Reactions: celticdawg
Sounds like resisting police. Makes sense

ADVERTISEMENT