ADVERTISEMENT

This is embarrassing. Is it just me?

I always felt like players should respect but also fear the coach; he should be the SOB that you hate the most in life when you're at one of his practices; And your sure as he!! don't want to have to face him when get you get busted for doing something stupid...i.e no group hugs.

I always felt like players should respect but also fear the coach; he should be the SOB that you hate the most in life when you're at one of his practices; And your sure as he!! don't want to have to face him when get you get busted for doing something stupid...i.e no group hugs.

That's what I was thinking. These guys don't fear our coaches. I respected the hell out of mine, but I didn't want to hang out with him at the pool.

Most every program has some sort of team event about this time of camp. Some have picnics, some barbeques, some go swimming. It's a fun way to reward hard work and bond the team.
Lighten up.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
You critics are silly. It was BAD WEATHER. Richt didn't want to WASTE a practice. They had already practiced twice in rain
so he went on a team building trip to the pool and let the freshmen serve their duty to entertain the varsity players by jumping
off a high dive. This, by the , replaced the old practice of the older players shaving the heads of freshmen. Many freshmen really
didn't like the head shaving thing. AND Richt made up the missed practice by scheduling ANOTHER two a days for today.

As for the STUPID remark about the players not fearing Richt, just how many star players does Richt have to kick off the team
before some of you realize that he's not like UT or LSU or FSU and finds ways to cover-up for star players when they do bad stuff and
keep them on the team? Every single player on our team knows that he will be kicked off if he does ithings like assault a woman.

Most every program has some sort of team event about this time of camp. Some have picnics, some barbeques, some go swimming. It's a fun way to reward hard work and bond the team.
Lighten up.

Please show me the article that is placed on the front page of the ESPN.com that talks about Saban hanging out with his players and eating watermelon. Or any other coach and team for that matter.

Lol. Find something better in life than worrying about the fact that the football team went swimming today...

Reactions: lawdawg24
Lol. Find something better in life than worrying about the fact that the football team went swimming today...

I understand, don't say anything bad about Saint Richt. He's such a nice guy. He'll win something one of these days because God rewards those who are nice guys.

Win something of consequence and they can all fart rainbows as far as I'm concerned. It's embarrassing to have this crap pasted all over ESPN.

You do realize that they are making fun of him...right?

Please show me the article that is placed on the front page of the ESPN.com that talks about Saban hanging out with his players and eating watermelon. Or any other coach and team for that matter.

Clemson has their team barbecue, Auburn has some sort of picnic, this is really nothing at all to be critical of.
Saban is successful because he's good at his job, not because he does or doesn't spend time with his players. Saban took 6 or 7 of his players boating in June and posted pics of them tubing behind his boat on instagram by the way. Dabo likes to ''whip dance'' with his players, it's ok, no harm done.

Last edited:
We should give him the pink slip after that, how dare him pull a stunt like this. He should be water boarding them until they have only the will to win and nothing else. He is way to soft, Maybe if we had concentration camps for them we would win 11 or 12 games a year.

Reactions: Fivehade
We should give him the pink slip after that, how dare him pull a stunt like this. He should be water boarding them until they have only the will to win and nothing else. He is way to soft, Maybe if we had concentration camps for them we would win 11 or 12 games a year.

Right...maybe if we ignore the fact that Richt is a mediocre game day coach at best and a poor motivator he will one day rise from mediocrity and win something of consequence again.

Everything has changed this year except Richt. So if we don't improve in the next few years will you finally admit that Richt needs to go. Or will you be forever satisfied with 10 wins every once in a while and no championships. 10 years since the last SEC championship...it's pitiful! You seem to be okay with that. I'm not. Richt will never win a NC at Georgia. He doesn't have it in him.

Right...maybe if we ignore the fact that Richt is a mediocre game day coach at best and a poor motivator he will one day rise from mediocrity and win something of consequence again.

Everything has changed this year except Richt. So if we don't improve in the next few years will you finally admit that Richt needs to go. Or will you be forever satisfied with 10 wins every once in a while and no championships. 10 years since the last SEC championship...it's pitiful! You seem to be okay with that. I'm not. Richt will never win a NC at Georgia. He doesn't have it in him.

I agree that he has the tools at this time to get us there. I am not satisfied with 10 wins and out to a letdown bowl game. I do think he can get us there, he has the drive, will, staff, players and fire of competition to get us there. Have you forgotten the 2012 SEC championship, we were in position to win that game (defense killed us). The fact is we are in one of the toughest conferences in college football and we have very good competition. I do believe we can get there with Richt and he will do it the right way (not by cheating and coddling thugs).

I agree that he has the tools at this time to get us there. I am not satisfied with 10 wins and out to a letdown bowl game. I do think he can get us there, he has the drive, will, staff, players and fire of competition to get us there. Have you forgotten the 2012 SEC championship, we were in position to win that game (defense killed us). The fact is we are in one of the toughest conferences in college football and we have very good competition. I do believe we can get there with Richt and he will do it the right way (not by cheating and coddling thugs).

10 years! How long? Nobody remembers the the runner up.

10 years! How long? Nobody remembers the the runner up.

Some people don't get when criticism is useful and when it's just childish venting.
Our staff is making all the right moves and Richt's former stubbornness is long gone.
Hide and watch things play out, I think You'll be surprised at how much the program has been improved and We're still trending upward IMO.

I've been hearing the same arguments for years. I would agree with you if Georgia was a disciplined fundamentally sound football team, but they are not. In big games we consistently get beat at the line of scrimmage and we make huge mental errors when it comes crunch time. Under Pruitt, the tackling as gotten better. But once again, like last year, the wheels come off when we need an SEC win from an inferior opponent. SC and Florida. We should not have lost those games.

How many times have we been beat by an underdog team? Too numerous to mention. Let's flip that, when was the last time Richt beat a team as an underdog. I personally can't remember one.

Matter fact that's good question to ask the chat...

Like I have said before, I wish I was wrong. Here people saying the same thing every years. We finally got all the pieces in place. It's going to come together and then we lose the East again to Missouri. Same old shat every year...

I've been hearing the same arguments for years. I would agree with you if Georgia was a disciplined fundamentally sound football team, but they are not. In big games we consistently get beat at the line of scrimmage and we make huge mental errors when it comes crunch time. Under Pruitt, the tackling as gotten better. But once again, like last year, the wheels come off when we need an SEC win from an inferior opponent. SC and Florida. We should not have lost those games.

How many times have we been beat by an underdog team? Too numerous to mention. Let's flip that, when was the last time Richt beat a team as an underdog. I personally can't remember one.

Matter fact that's good question to ask the chat...

Like I have said before, I wish I was wrong. Here people saying the same thing every years. We finally got all the pieces in place. It's going to come together and then we lose the East again to Missouri. Same old shat every year...

You're looking at last year as a continuation when in fact it was the first season with Pruitt running the defense.
I agree we had 3 really bad games against the run in 2014.
Let's see if those issues are being dealt with, I expect they were 1ST YEAR growing pains.

I hope you're right. I'm not fond of losing, but it doesn't bother me as much when we play sound football and just get beat. But, this missed assignment and can't tackle in open field crap drives me crazy. It's an easy fix. It's like they don't practice tackling. It sounds crazy to me too. I don't understand it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...yers-jump-off-the-diving-board-during-day-off

This feel good players coach BS is embarrassing to me. It's like a parent who wants to be best buds with their kids and lets them get away with anything. It just doesn't feel right. I've never known a coach that the players like to hang out with that won anything. Have you guys or gals?

Erk Russell used to do cannonballs off the high dive at the old swimming pool, ppl forget that.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...yers-jump-off-the-diving-board-during-day-off

This feel good players coach BS is embarrassing to me. It's like a parent who wants to be best buds with their kids and lets them get away with anything. It just doesn't feel right. I've never known a coach that the players like to hang out with that won anything. Have you guys or gals?
Yea.. it's just you. Go back and check the weather and you will see why he did what he did

10 years no SEC championship, 2 years losing east to weak ass Missouri. Lost 4 out of last 5 to SC. I rest my case.

I've seen way more coaches fail and get fired after being 1st class a-holes than "fun" coaches. Just saying...

This is kind of like people blaming UGA's failures on black jerseys. Since the winning record in them isn't enough, what about all of the loses in the "traditional" uniforms? People just want something to blame to make themselves feel better.

I would argue that the #1 reason UGA hasn't won a national championship under Richt is because he won't look the other way and let players get away with bad behavior. Think of all the attrition and suspensions over the years of solid players. Considering how close UGA has been a few times, not keeping guys on the roster who would have gotten significant playing time has hurt.

Everything else is just football. Saban, Meyer, Miles, and other great coaches have made bad decisions that cost their respective teams games too. Saban has even had several bowl season loses that are explained away as not having the team prepared even with a month off. Stuff happens, only 1 team can win each game no matter how it plays out.

I've seen way more coaches fail and get fired after being 1st class a-holes than "fun" coaches. Just saying...

This is kind of like people blaming UGA's failures on black jerseys. Since the winning record in them isn't enough, what about all of the loses in the "traditional" uniforms? People just want something to blame to make themselves feel better.

I would argue that the #1 reason UGA hasn't won a national championship under Richt is because he won't look the other way and let players get away with bad behavior. Think of all the attrition and suspensions over the years of solid players. Considering how close UGA has been a few times, not keeping guys on the roster who would have gotten significant playing time has hurt.

Everything else is just football. Saban, Meyer, Miles, and other great coaches have made bad decisions that cost their respective teams games too. Saban has even had several bowl season loses that are explained away as not having the team prepared even with a month off. Stuff happens, only 1 team can win each game no matter how it plays out.

I would argue that you are delusional and trying to defend the indefensible.

All your points are mute, 10 years no SEC championships. Georgia can't even win the eastern division when TN and FL are at their weakness position ever. No NC's. Poor fundamentals. Poor special teams. Poor time management. Poor record against teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. Poor bowl record.

Pros:

High winning percentage...too bad they don't make trophies for that one.

Conclusion: Mark Richt is the winningest coach that doesn't win championships, which I think is why you play. Those coaches you mentions have multiple NC's so I don't know why you used them for your example.

Do you want me to continue...

Get your head out of your a$$ man. I don't run ESPN so I can't explain why it didn't make the news but the Great Saban that you obviously think every coach should model and mold themselves after just took his entire freshman class to the lake for an entire day (not just a couple of hours) where they boated, tubed, and water skied. Saban is obviously getting soft. Go figure.

I would argue that you are delusional and trying to defend the indefensible.

All your points are mute, 10 years no SEC championships. Georgia can't even win the eastern division when TN and FL are at their weakness position ever. No NC's. Poor fundamentals. Poor special teams. Poor time management. Poor record against teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. Poor bowl record.

Pros:

High winning percentage...too bad they don't make trophies for that one.

Conclusion: Mark Richt is the winningest coach that doesn't win championships, which I think is why you play. Those coaches you mentions have multiple NC's so I don't know why you used them for your example.

Do you want me to continue...

Go ahead if you think you even addressed my post in the first place. I mentioned those winning coaches because they've all lost games their teams shouldn't have too so there's no such thing as a superman coach that the real delusional fans are looking for.

Funny how you ignored the point that many tough guys have failed to lead teams to decent records.

I hope you're not a lawyer because your evaluation of what is defensible sucks.

I'm just wondering how long it takes for Richt not to win anything getting paid 4 million plus a year before you guys decide he's not that good of a coach.

How many years? Or is it that you don't care and you just want a good Christian man to coach Georgia no matter how many games he wins.

I'm just wondering.

So
I'm just wondering how long it takes for Richt not to win anything getting paid 4 million plus a year before you guys decide he's not that good of a coach.

How many years? Or is it that you don't care and you just want a good Christian man to coach Georgia no matter how many games he wins.

I'm just wondering.

So what's the criteria for a good coach? Championships, especially national championships, are only part of the equation. Talent and fortune have a lot to do with it as well.

The repeated talking point that with all of the talent UGA has had they should have won a championship sounds good but isn't a statement of fact. Name every championship team of the BCS era and tell me that UGA was better than them top to bottom, no questions asked.

2002: UGA could have beaten either OSU or Miami but it wasn't guaranteed and that team could have lost to either.

2005: Perhaps with a healthy Shockley against Florida the rest of the season would have played out differently but UGA did lose a close one to Auburn in Shockley's return because of defense and went on to lose to West Virginia in the bowl game despite a near miracle comeback so it's hard to say that team should have won a championship.

2007: UGA was one of the hottest teams at the end for sure but this isn't the NFL. If there was an 8 team playoff I would have bet on UGA winning it all that year but that's not how it works.

2008: This is the worst season of the Richt era that left me feeling like Donnan's 2000. To me, this is the season Richt and Bobo should be held most accountable as there's absolutely no excuse for how poor the offense played. Yeah, they put up numbers but many Richt UGA teams have too. That offense didn't dictate games like they should have considering the talent and that was a leadership issue in my opinion. The defense wasn't as great as it could have been either. Great teams don't have mediocre defenses.

2012: Simply lost to a better Bama and not by much. UGA was the 2nd best team in America on the field because the NFL talent-laden defense wasn't playing up to potential.

2013: UGA got over 2 early humps with the wins against SC and LSU after dropping the opener on the road to Clemson. If not for the numerous injuries they could have had an OSU-like recovery but we'll never know. It's doubtful though because the offense was still carrying the defense.

2014: New defense hit hard by attrition held their own for the most part but UGA's only chance of making noise rested on Gurley. The SC loss was a great offensive mind exploiting a clear advantage over a new defense early in the season. Take emotion out of it along with Bobo/Richt not running Gurley on 1st down inside the 5 and you still come away with UGA not being clearly the best team in America. The running game could have carried UGA the rest of the way with an eligible and healthy Gurley but when most of your eggs are in one basket you're not the best team in America.

So I ask again, when has UGA been clearly the best team in America to say that we should have won a championship by now? UGA has been one of the best teams in America plenty of times and their records have shown it. If anything, UGA has been the most consistent program I've seen in my life. There's no trophy for that but that's why I personally am not crazy about the idea of firing Richt.

When coaches like Chizik and Fisher win championships, it's been on the back of a Heisman winning player with pretty good talent around him. When Stoops and Miles have won championships, it's been with the previous coach's players and their spark but both have not been able to get it done since, especially Stoops who has probably lost the most games he should have won on the way to a national championship. The Big12 has been a mess to the point where Baylor and TCU are the kings for crying out loud. There's no reason for Oklahoma to fail to be a national championship contender at the end. They have an easier path than OSU.

Saban and Meyer are really the only 2 who have proven they can win with another coach's players and their own built teams so they are in a league of their won right now. Meanwhile, Richt is about the only coach who can survive and compete at a high level for a relatively long time despite changing dynamics and while sticking to his guns (willing to punish wrongdoers).

Yeah, Richt has faults but so does everyone else. I'm willing to see this through because Richt won't be the head coach forever either way. I don't believe Richt can't win a championship so why would I be an advocate for change? Short of bringing in Saban, Meyer, or even Spurrier, I don't see why I'd trade proven success for a relative unknown given the current recruiting situation which continues to tick up. The next 5 years will cement Richt's legacy one way or the other.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT