ADVERTISEMENT

This loss is on Kirby Smart

Okay, I'm an Alabama fan, but I agree - this is on Kirby. As a good friend of mine said, and I agreed, this one is on Kirby. Seriously, having Justin Fields as the up man telegraphed what was coming. A really stupid call. That said, UGA is definitely one of the 4 best teams. Unfortunately, I don't think UGA will get in. As a Bama fan, I'm relieved.

If your kicker makes FG, the fake never happens, so blame it on Rod-rio!!

This game should have never came down to that play.

But it did, no team plays a perfect game...players make mistakes, every play does not work. I have never seen a team go mistake free, never will.

But I certainly don't expect to see our coach make a decision like he did on 4th and 11. It was obvious what was going to happen when Fields came in. I knew it....and obviously Bama did too. You punt the ball there and give your players a chance to win in overtime. Our coach took that opportunity away.

Saban would have never done something like this. Our coach lost this game, not the kids.... he choked. He was the difference in the ball game. The loss is on him, but he would never admit it.

But it did, no team plays a perfect game...players make mistakes, every play does not work. I have never seen a team go mistake free, never will.

But I certainly don't expect to see our coach make a decision like he did on 4th and 11. It was obvious what was going to happen when Fields came in. I knew it....and obviously Bama did too. You punt the ball there and give your players a chance to win in overtime. Our coach took that opportunity away.

Saban would have never done something like this. Our coach lost this game, not the kids.... he choked. He was the difference in the ball game. The loss is on him, but he would never admit it.

You’re going done a rabbit hole.

This game should have never came down to that play, because for the second game in a row vs. Bama, they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

You’re going done a rabbit hole.

This game should have never came down to that play, because for the second game in a row vs. Bama, they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

There is a difference between being aggressive and stupid. Last year, we had Bama on their heels, tried to slow the game the second half which allowed Bama to get back in it.

Went away from the pass, only did it in obvious downs...3rd and whatever. We were also killing them on the edges with Sony....he then goes MIA. Not balanced like the first half, predictable. Tried to get cute and milk the clock. It didn't work, let'em back in the game.

This year, that 4th and 11 call was not an aggressive call. It was a stupid one, it lost this game also. It would have been better to punt it and make them drive the field to score. Give the kids a chance in OT. The play was given away as soon as Fields stepped on the field.

There is a difference between being aggressive and stupid. Last year, we had Bama on their heels, tried to slow the game the second half which allowed Bama to get back in it.

Went away from the pass, only did it in obvious downs...3rd and whatever. We were also killing them on the edges with Sony....he then goes MIA. Not balanced like the first half, predictable. Tried to get cute and milk the clock. It didn't work, let'em back in the game.

This year, that 4th and 11 call was not an aggressive call. It was a stupid one, it lost this game also.

Dude slow down. Everything you just described happened again this game...where was Swift in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
No doubt a BoneHead call @ 4th 11 3 min. to go with a chance to back Bama's Offense. Ga. fans ought to be pissed at Kirby. Could have put pressure on Bama with Jalen at QB and 80-90 yards to go to win. But at the 50 it was downhill and much better chance.
Thank you Kirby.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg

I'm an alumnus of LSU, who happens to have been living in Knoxville for the past 32 years...so I've become a fan of the Vols. Should I pause to give all you Dawgs time to feel bad for me?? Yeah, didn't think so...LOL! Anyway, I've thought for a long time that Smart is his own worst enemy. The guy consistently thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. His arrogance will likely be his downfall.

I'm an alumnus of LSU, who happens to have been living in Knoxville for the past 32 years...so I've become a fan of the Vols. Should I pause to give all you Dawgs time to feel bad for me?? Yeah, didn't think so...LOL! Anyway, I've thought for a long time that Smart is his own worst enemy. The guy consistently thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. His arrogance will likely be his downfall.

thanks for the comments,
but I respectfully disagree.
CKS is a very good coach as evidenced by his second and third year.
getting beat by the best team in CFB isn't anything to be ashamed of.
play calling became questionable, but Dawgs would have never made it this far without Kirby.
Vols best sit back for next 15 yrs and watch the show UGA will put on!

The fake punt call was far worse than Doug Dickey’s fourth and dumb call in 76. It defies all logic and reason. That combined with taking our foot off the gas yet again is the reason we lost.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The fake punt fooled no one but Kirby, and he made a fool of himself and the Dawgs right then and there.

I love Kirby. I love that he is a South Georgia boy who played well for UGA. I love all the experience he got elsewhere and that he brought that and his great energy and drive and management skills back home. I love what he has accomplished thus far and what he is building for the future. But if he doesn’t get this brain fart full retard tendency out of his system, he is doomed to repeat history in a bad way.

The fake punt call was far worse than Doug Dickey’s fourth and dumb call in 76. It defies all logic and reason. That combined with taking our foot off the gas yet again is the reason we lost.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The fake punt fooled no one but Kirby, and he made a fool of himself and the Dawgs right then and there.

I love Kirby. I love that he is a South Georgia boy who played well for UGA. I love all the experience he got elsewhere and that he brought that and his great energy and drive and management skills back home. I love what he has accomplished thus far and what he is building for the future. But if he doesn’t get this brain fart full retard tendency out of his system, he is doomed to repeat history in a bad way.

let's just hope he learns from this.
Dawgs will end up 6th in last poll and beat the pants off whomever they play in Bowl Game.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Don't see it that way at all, he is a helluva coach and recruiter. His way is what has got us to where we are the past two seasons. My complaint is, he is stubborn sometimes, not always a bad thing...but it has hurt us a few times. There are a lot of teams who would love to have him..and I am glad we do. He is still young (to coaching), he will learn imo. That loss just hurt yesterday, there are a lot of upset people.

BTW, know what you mean about living amongst UT

Kirby is an outstanding coach and recruiter, a hard worker. We would not be where we have been the past 2 seasons without him. There are a lot of teams who probably wished they had him...probably like all of them. My biggest complaint is, he is stubborn, which has hurt us a few times the past couple of seasons. Not always a bad thing to be that way, but it has it's drawbacks. The good news is, he is young...he can change.

BTW, I know what you mean about living amongst Vol fans. I lived in Nashville 12 years, they are the team I hate most...they will do that to you.. :>)

Well, it appears that GA & Miami are destined to always be the bridesmaid and never the bride regardless who the HC is.

Read today, that Saban said they were in punt safe mode. Usually, teams change the call from the fake call, back to just punt when they see this. This makes it even worse to me, nobody from our staff changed the call.

That fake punt is the stupidest call in the history of college football.

Watching the replay, I was stunned that Alabama had 7 men in the box; clearly, they were looking for a fake punt. Kirby should have called time out when he saw this. This was his mistake, not the call. His not calling T.O. was a huge choke-job, imo.

Reactions: blackpug6
Watching the replay, I was stunned that Alabama had 7 men in the box; clearly, they were looking for a fake punt. Kirby should have called time out when he saw this. This was his mistake, not the call. His not calling T.O. was a huge choke-job, imo.

said the same.
That's what time outs are for!

The SEC Title game was very exciting. However, with that faked punt call, it appears that UGA Coach Kirby isn't so Smart.

The SEC Title game was very exciting. However, with that faked punt call, it appears that UGA Coach Kirby isn't so Smart.

He doesn't need to be too "smart" to beat Tennessee.....hardly anybody does these days. Even Vandy can be disengaged and win.

Reactions: wayxpython
Well, congratulations on the game against UT if that's any consolation for you.

I'm not too concerned about my team's place because every dog has its day. The dawgs should have had their day in the SEC title game but came up short because of a faked punt attempt that shouldn't have been called.

I'm not too concerned about my team's place because every dog has its day. The dawgs should have had their day in the SEC title game but came up short because of a faked punt attempt that shouldn't have been called.

Your not concerned about your team, but concerned about how UGA performs .... your team is UT, right?? Don't get it, how does any of this affect you??

24 hour rule. Let it go.

24 hour rule. Let it go.

Let what go, some UT fellow questioning my coach's intelligence and UGA's performance? Or is it me asking how any of this affects him??

Honestly, I think all of this from a UT guy/girl is rich. As far as a "24 hour rule" goes, I don't have one and not exactly sure what you are talking about. If you have one fine, do what you want and so will I. But I definitely defend my team and coach any time I decide to.

Sorry, who’s a UT fan? If sure ain’t me. I’ve been a Dawgs fan my whole life - but I’m not going to waste my time dwelling on things 1) in the past and 2) that I don’t control.

Let what go, some UT fellow questioning my coach's intelligence and UGA's performance? Or is it me asking how any of this affects him??

Honestly, I think all of this from a UT guy/girl is rich. As far as a "24 hour rule" goes, I don't have one and not exactly sure what you are talking about. If you have one fine, do what you want and so will I. But I definitely defend my team and coach any time I decide to.

I say being a dawg fan today is alll right.
emporium.0.0.0.0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT