ADVERTISEMENT

This may not last

But we are seeing politics and power on full display and abusing the hell out of both
It’s never as complicated as people want to make it. The schools don’t want to deal with the liability of what playing would entail. They also don’t want to treat football players like they’re unique to the rest of the students, so they’re choosing what they think is the lesser of two bad choices. It’s not some political agenda. It’s not because the presidents don’t want football. It has everything to do with the schools and their lawyers realizing they have to either treat players differently, which opens them up to organizing and becoming paid staff, or treat them the same and hold them out of games/practice.

It’s never as complicated as people want to make it. The schools don’t want to deal with the liability of what playing would entail. They also don’t want to treat football players like they’re unique to the rest of the students, so they’re choosing what they think is the lesser of two bad choices. It’s not some political agenda. It’s not because the presidents don’t want football. It has everything to do with the schools and their lawyers realizing they have to either treat players differently, which opens them up to organizing and becoming paid staff, or treat them the same and hold them out of games/practice.
I agree 100%. It’s all about liability.

Except all of the other students are going back to class. If they cancel football, they're actually treating players differently than the regular students they're massing onto campus.

Reactions: Rowdydawg
Bla, bla, bla.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
Except all of the other students are going back to class. If they cancel football, they're actually treating players differently than the regular students they're massing onto campus.

That is not even close to guaranteed at this point.

That is not even close to guaranteed at this point.
All I know is every apartment in Athens now houses the teeming masses. I watched them move in this weekend. If they're going to not conduct on-campus class, they've clustered this thing as badly as your lib hero governor in New York.

All I know is every apartment in Athens now houses the teeming masses. I watched them move in this weekend. If they're going to not conduct on-campus class, they've clustered this thing as badly as your lib hero governor in New York.

Yep, my guess is a lot of people are gonna be pissed about how this was handled and rightly so.

IDK maybe I'm wrong but in a few weeks we'll know for sure.

I know it's easier to blame the boogieman, liberal media, college presidents, entitled students etc. But at some point it may be worth joining reality with the rest of us.
I will run circles around you in reality. You simply do not understand things outside your insular world.

ADVERTISEMENT