ADVERTISEMENT

This Simone Biles thing is a great example of what is wrong with America.

kdsdawg

Diehard supporter
Aug 14, 2007
This came from a great aunt of mine who is a liberal even though she swears she isn't. A Christian that votes for the baby killing party yet when you bring it up the mental gymnastics she goes through is spectacular.

The comments that follow this are, I have no words except being a quitter is okay with liberals.

Simone Biles is strong.

Strength is being able to say you can’t.

Strength is working your whole life for something, dedicating yourself entirely for two decades, and being able to step back and cheer on your teammates.

Strength is feeling the weight of a country on your shoulders, and being able to see clearly that it’s not your duty to carry it if it will break you.

Strength is being able to see through the oppressive cloud of other people’s expectations, and doing what your body and mind are saying you need to do.

If Simone Biles convinces even one young kid watching her that it’s ok to say, “I can’t,” and prioritize their mental health, that will be more valuable to this country than any gold medals she could earn.

America has enough Gold medals.

We need more Simone Biles.

Last edited:
This came from a great aunt of mine who is a liberal even though she swears she isn't. A Christian that votes for the baby killing party yet when you bring it up the mental gymnastics she goes through is spectacular.

The comments that follow this are, I have now words except being a quitter is okay with liberals.

Simone Biles is strong.

Strength is working your whole life for something, dedicating yourself entirely for two decades, and being able to step back and cheer on your teammates.

Strength is feeling the weight of a country on your shoulders, and being able to see clearly that it’s not your duty to carry it if it will break you.

Strength is being able to see through the oppressive cloud of other people’s expectations, and doing what your body and mind are saying you need to do.

If Simone Biles convinces even one young kid watching her that it’s ok to say, “I can’t,” and prioritize their mental health, that will be more valuable to this country than any gold medals she could earn.

Odd to me she quit on her team but can somehow make it through individual competitions

My daughter told the issue is the Olympics do. It allow ADD medication which she takes and she is having withdrawals. No idea if true, but if she can’t focus, Incan understand backing out
How can she take it and compete anywhere? Aren’t they subject to a drug test 24x7 12 months a year? And how did she compete in 2 previous Olympics?

I just hope we’re this understanding when JT Daniels gets the twisties before the Florida game.

Last edited:
Ben Zambiasi puked before every game and then went out and played like a crazed MFer.

Jack Youngblood played in the Super Bowl on a broken leg.

Mary Lou Rhetton nailed the vault on a broken ankle.

Ben Rothelsburger got his nose broke on MNF and kept playing.

Herschel had his shoulder dislocated in the Sugar Bowl.

Kenny Stabler played hungover as well as Max McGee.

I played half a season of intramural basketball with a cracked ankle that I hid from my Mom.

I could go on and on ...

old dudes sitting at home arguing with their auntie the worth an Olympian*

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA STRONG

*who his already won four gold medals, as well as a silver and bronze and recently stuck a move that no human on record has ever been able to do.

Last edited:
My daughter told the issue is the Olympics do. It allow ADD medication which she takes and she is having withdrawals. No idea if true, but if she can’t focus, Incan understand backing out
She would have known this before the competition began. Would have given plenty time for a replacement and the team could have won gold instead of 2nd to the Russians.

old dudes sitting at home arguing with their auntie the worth an Olympian*

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA STRONG

*who his already won four gold medals, as well as a silver and bronze and recently stuck a move that no human on record has ever been able to do.
** oh yeah, and the American team won gold anyway, which is the point for you USA USA USA types, right?
What's your point? See if you can make it by speaking English. No the American team didn't win gold, they came in second to those Russians. Thanks Simone!

What's your point? See if you can make it by speaking English. No the American team didn't win gold, they came in second to those Russians. Thanks Simone!
I was about to correct that. An American won the all-around is what I was thinking of, but I had to look it up because I don't care or watch.

I am not sure what you could misunderstand about the above.

It's pathetic that grown men are so deeply invested in this critique of a woman who is unquestionably a legend in her sport, which is likely a sport they never watch.

I was about to correct that. An American won the all-around is what I was thinking of, but I had to look it up because I don't care or watch.

It's pathetic that grown men are so deeply invested in this critique of a woman who is unquestionably a legend in her sport, which is likely a sport they never watch.
It isn't about the young woman, it is about a culture that would praise her for quitting. There are many other examples of liberals glorifying shit such as this. Libs are raising a bunch of sissies.

Simone said on her IG her issue is mental and physical. She is having an issue called twisties. Other gymnasts are backing her up. Why perform and risk severe injury if you're not 100%?

You all know I’m no liberal. Far from it.

But I’ve seen the devastation that child sexual abuse can have on the victim. It’s a scar that never leaves.

Imagine being on a team and in an environment that allowed a monster to sexually abuse children for years and then being in the biggest pressure cooker of a competition on the world stage.

Hard to know what’s going on in someone’s mind.

I just don’t see it as a liberal vs conservative issue. And to be fair, I didn’t see the woke analysts’ coverage... can’t bring myself to watch that crap.

For me, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt

It isn't about the young woman, it is about a culture that would praise her for quitting. There are many other examples of liberals glorifying shit such as this. Libs are raising a bunch of sissies.go a
go argue with your auntie.

Reactions: shonuff253
Simone said on her IG her issue is mental and physical. She is having an issue called twisties. Other gymnasts are backing her up. Why perform and risk severe injury if you're not 100%?
Then she would have known that before the competition began, they could have replaced her and won the gold instead of the silver.

Then she would have known that before the competition began, they could have replaced her and won the gold instead of the silver.
The pressure of the world watching is on her and her history of being damn near flawless. Give her a break. Like the comment online... Most of the people complaining at home can't even do a cartwheel.

Ben Zambiasi puked before every game and then went out and played like a crazed MFer.

Jack Youngblood played in the Super Bowl on a broken leg.

Mary Lou Rhetton nailed the vault on a broken ankle.

Ben Rothelsburger got his nose broke on MNF and kept playing.

Herschel had his shoulder dislocated in the Sugar Bowl.

Kenny Stabler played hungover as well as Max McGee.

I played half a season of intramural basketball with a cracked ankle that I hid from my Mom.

I could go on and on ...

Yes, you could go on and you will miss an important point. I don't know your understanding of gymnastics, but if you were familiar with what is happening, you would understand that given what Biles is experiencing now, she could permanently injured herself and become paralyzed. It has happened in gymnastics at many levels. I looked at each person you discussed and don't see that same situation. It's not a matter of courage. Again, if you were familiar with gymnasts you would know that they often compete when they are hurt (you did mention Mary Lou) and are quite physical tough.

Yes, you could go on and you will miss an important point. I don't know your understanding of gymnastics, but if you were familiar with what is happening, you would understand that given what Biles is experiencing now, she could permanently injured herself and become paralyzed. It has happened in gymnastics at many levels. I looked at each person you discussed and don't see that same situation. It's not a matter of courage. Again, if you were familiar with gymnasts you would know that they often compete when they are hurt (you did mention Mary Lou) and are quite physical tough.
All of these things she would have known in warm ups and she could have been replaced and they could have won gold.

I would take Biles over Fromm, toughness wise

All of these things she would have known in warm ups and she could have been replaced and they could have won gold.
Great analysis of one of the most impressive athletes of our lifetime, from a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks whose most noteworthy physical accomplishment of the last few decades is keeping your bowel movements semi-regular. Give me a break.

The pressure of the world watching is on her and her history of being damn near flawless. Give her a break. Like the comment online... Most of the people complaining at home can't even do a cartwheel.
I decidedly recently that I am just not going to judge people when I might not know the whole story. In a perfect world I would not judge at all but I am far from perfect.
I dont know the whole story here, so I will leave it at that. On the hoops board someone posted the back story on Justin Kier, I felt bad about all the stuff I said about him. A lot of us have more going on than we ever show.
Do I think she should be held as a hero? Not really but I don’t think of her as a quitter. Her teammates don’t seem to think that way either.

Great analysis of one of the most impressive athletes of our lifetime, from a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks whose most noteworthy physical accomplishment of the last few decades is keeping your bowel movements semi-regular. Give me a break.

That's a separate argument from the original post, which I don't really agree with. But there's a solid argument in his comment.

It was known publicly for a few days (before Biles herself actually announced it) that Simone was affected by "the twisties". She made the right decision for her own well-being to withdraw, but why the hell did it take so long? She admitted yesterday that it usually takes her weeks to resolve, so it wasn't like there was any need for a last-second decision to compete or not compete.

Absolutely no one here is denying her talent, she's the best gymnast in the world right now and has been for a few years. Just a terrible situation all around.

Yet I am not wrong.
an epitaph for a mule
That's a separate argument from the original post, which I don't really agree with. But there's a solid argument in his comment.

It was known publicly for a few days (before Biles herself actually announced it) that Simone was affected by "the twisties". She made the right decision for her own well-being to withdraw, but why the hell did it take so long? She admitted yesterday that it usually takes her weeks to resolve, so it wasn't like there was any need for a last-second decision to compete or not compete.

Absolutely no one here is denying her talent, she's the best gymnast in the world right now and has been for a few years. Just a terrible situation all around.
If we want to have an argument about decadence in American society, we can do that, but being wrong about
  1. Biles
  2. The situation and circumstances in which she made her choice and...
  3. How the choices of a four time gold medal winner, who has dedicated her life to date to the sport and represented her nation on the grandest stage reflect on an entire generation
is maybe not the way to begin it.

You don't care about whether we won Gold as that is obvious from looking at your posts. We still could have won Gold and how about the fact that Suni won the Gold in the individual all-around. I guess it's too bad that Biles couldn't have screwed that up for you.

People are manufacturing excuses for her instead of listening to her own words and explanation in the press conference after the team event. She wasn't having fun. She wanted these Olympics to be about her but felt like she was doing this for others. She said her head just wasn't in the right place. She said her teammates stepped up when she could not. It was a pouty tantrum.

She did not raise anything about Larry Nassar - social media did. She did not say a word about the "Twisties" - a former coach did and social media ran with it. She also cited neither when she took a day to think about things and decided to withdraw from the all-around, as well.

And now that she realizes she's been branded a quitter and not a "mental health" hero, she's running with the Twisties thing, too. She's even videoing herself flopping on a mat in practice to try to prove this theory, that she didn't bring up one time until the backlash was apparent. She's a typical young person today who assumed she could cry "mental health" and be lauded. It backfired.

She quit. It's a human thing. We've all done it. She did it on the biggest stage, though, and liberals have tried to celebrate it.

She's not a terrible person. But she should not be celebrated. It's disappointing at best.

I haven’t watched any of it …..the point is she quit on her team yet still was able to go and compete for an individual award ……. Could care less either way just seems typical of today’s society to me - but like I said ….I haven’t watched one minute until today and I watched the golf

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
I haven’t watched any of it …..the point is she quit on her team yet still was able to go and compete for an individual award ……. Could care less either way just seems typical of today’s society to me - but like I said ….I haven’t watched one minute until today and I watched the golf
me either, but I don't think that is correct, from wiki: "

2020 Summer Olympics​

At the Olympic Games, Biles performed the all-around during qualifications and helped the United States qualify to the team final in second place behind the ROC team. Biles suffered numerous mishaps during the competition: she bounced entirely off the floor landing one of her tumbling passes, stepped one foot off the landing mat during her Cheng vault, and took several large stumbles back on her balance beam dismount. Despite these mistakes, Biles still qualified to the all-around final in first place. She also qualified in first place to the vault final, advanced to the floor exercise final in second behind Vanessa Ferrari, and qualified to the balance beam and uneven bars finals. She was the only athlete to qualify to all individual finals.[129]

Following her qualifications performance, Biles stated on Instagram that she was "[feeling] the weight of the world on [her] shoulders" and that she felt affected by the pressure of the Olympics.[130]

During warm-ups for the first rotation of the team final, Biles balked on her Amanar vault mid-air, performing 1.5 twists instead of the expected 2.5. She repeated this in the competition, balking and performing the 1.5 twist with a large lunge and near-fall on the landing, and scored just 13.766 with a difficulty score of 5.0 (rather than the Amanar's 5.8). She subsequently left the competition floor (although she returned to the floor a few minutes later) and withdrew from the rest of the team competition, citing mental health issues. Biles later explained that she was inspired by fellow female Olympian Naomi Osaka, who had withdrawn from the French Open and Wimbledon earlier in the year for similar reasons.[131][132][133] The U.S. team went on to win the silver medal behind the ROC athletes.[134]

On July 28, 2021, Biles withdrew from the finals of the individual all-around competition, again citing mental health concerns.[135][136] Following further medical evaluation on July 30, she also withdrew from the vault and uneven bars finals, both scheduled for the first day of individual event finals.[137] Biles said that she experienced "the twisties", a psychological phenomenon causing a gymnast to lose air awareness while performing twisting elements.[138]

apparently she will be re-evaluated for the floor and beam.

The comments that follow this are, I have no words except being a quitter is okay with liberals.

Simone Biles is strong.

Simone has a right to her emotions and perceptions, however, she didn't just start feeling this way mid spin on the vault. She was not fair to the alternates or her teammates the way she handled it.

It isn't about the young woman, it is about a culture that would praise her for quitting. There are many other examples of liberals glorifying shit such as this. Libs are raising a bunch of sissies.
As the father of a son who played college lacrosse and has had issues with anxiety I have to laugh at some of the macho takes on this thread. I’m sure she will look back at this experience and be very disappointed. Puzzling that grown ass men would question the competitiveness of anyone ( man or woman) who has been at the absolute top of their sport for almost a decade.

As the father of a son who played college lacrosse and has had issues with anxiety I have to laugh at some of the macho takes on this thread. I’m sure she will look back at this experience and be very disappointed. Puzzling that grown ass men would question the competitiveness of anyone ( man or woman) who has been at the absolute top of their sport for almost a decade.
I don’t have a child that plays at that level but I love this post.

Reactions: nice marmot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT