ADVERTISEMENT

This Simone Biles thing is a great example of what is wrong with America.

Sure she is. But I guarantee she never expected millions and millions to also label her a quitter. A terrible miscalculation.
Your post suggests her decision was based on or influenced by her expectations regarding public reaction, and not on a a legitimate fear of a potential devastating injury that could result from her temporary lack of spatial awareness. That's two very different things.

Reactions: celticdawg
Im sorry but didnt an alternate compete in her place? Never seen so many people quick to judge others. Not sure why so many people are so quick to tear down one of the most accomplished gymnasts in history. Says a lot about yall.
You should definitely formulate your opinion on people based on anonymous posts that you read on an eBoard 😂.

You should definitely formulate your opinion on people based on anonymous posts that you read on an eBoard 😂.
I mean, there's an argument to be made that you get the unvarnished truth of who people are when they post in places like this, without self-limiting social inhibitions functioning or their wife watching them like a hawk, etc.

I was about to correct that. An American won the all-around is what I was thinking of, but I had to look it up because I don't care or watch.

I am not sure what you could misunderstand about the above.

It's pathetic that grown men are so deeply invested in this critique of a woman who is unquestionably a legend in her sport, which is likely a sport they never watch.

Yep, if every American worked as hard to be great as Simone has worked, we could afford a few folks getting the twisties every now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT