ADVERTISEMENT

This statement from a Supreme Court Justice about First Amendment should concern everyone

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Silver Member
Dec 3, 2019
The whole purpose of the US Constituion is to protect the rights of the people and put a fence around the govt. What this Justice basically said is the First Amendment restrictions on govt is dangerous and that the govt should determine what constitutes dangerous speech/misinformation. My goodness.

The whole purpose of the US Constituion is to protect the rights of the people and put a fence around the govt. What this Justice basically said is the First Amendment restrictions on govt is dangerous and that the govt should determine what constitutes dangerous speech/misinformation. My goodness.

She is very dumb.

the Constituion is gonna be pissed when it hears about this.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
My goodness

The next thing you know, people will want crazy things like freedom of religion, the press, and the right to keep and bear arms.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It doesn't say "under certain circumstances", it says "shall make no law"

Reactions: DTwnDawg
It’s comical to watch idiots cheer for a justice system that’s pure communism

Reactions: oldmandawg
Wait people are surprised that the same Court that redefined what marriage means isn’t going to be stalwart defenders of your right to express right wing ideology?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT