ADVERTISEMENT

Thought experiment. Did we lose more freedoms after 9/11 or after 3/16/20?

WyoDawg307

Username change stuck in Yahoo purgatory
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2001
Jackson Wy sometimes Gainesville, Ga
I was thinking about this as we near the 4th anniversary of the suspension of freedoms of assembly, freedom of movement and the freedom of speech against the approved narrative. The attached article I read today sums up the 4 year anniversary and I admit that comparing one event from 22 1/2 years ago to one that was 4 years ago isn't completely fair.

The aftermath of 9/11 led to TSA, Homeland Security, an alleged terrorist plot involving anthrax, which gave us the "Patriot Act" (talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing), the birth of "forever" wars in the Middle East and the resultant death to almost 1 million people and countless injuries and disabilities at a cost of around $8 trillion.

3/16 introduced us to governmental Simon Says/martial law with the ensuing lockdowns, 2 weeks to slow the spread :rolleyes: , face diapers, school closures, a completely made up 6 foot rule, the prohibition of citizens from worshipping, forced closures of gyms and small businesses to benefit of the largest corporations, the end of informed consent, MANDATES, which ended widespread trust in the medical establishment/vaccines. Not to mention the unveiling of the censorship industrial complex against citizen dissenters and so forth. I could go on, but you get the point. And like 9/11 the costs were in the trillions and trillions of dollars. And created millions of needless deaths due to the bastardization of "$cience".

Of course the separate events are interrelated, since Homeland devised the term "essential and non-essential worker" in 2018 and all the new agencies created post 9/11 were unleashed against us in 2020.

Thoughts?

https://brownstone.org/articles/four-years-ago-this-week-freedom-was-torched/

Last edited:
I was thinking about this as we near the 4th anniversary of the suspension of freedoms of assembly, freedom of movement and the freedom of speech against the approved narrative. The attached article I read today sums up the 4 year anniversary and I admit that comparing one event from 22 1/2 years ago to one that was 4 years ago isn't completely fair.

The aftermath of 9/11 led to TSA, Homeland Security, an alleged terrorist plot involving anthrax, which gave us the "Patriot Act" (talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing), the birth of "forever" wars in the Middle East and the resultant death to almost 1 million people and countless injuries and disabilities at a cost of around $8 trillion.

3/16 introduced us to martial law with the ensuing lockdowns, 2 weeks to slow the spread :rolleyes: , face diapers, school closures, a completely made up 6 foot rule, the prohibition of citizens from worshipping, forced closures of gyms and small businesses to benefit of the largest corporations, the end of informed consent, the ending of trust in the medical establishment/vaccines. Not to mention the unveiling of the censorship industrial complex against citizen dissenters and so forth. I could go on, but you get the point. And like 9/11 the costs were in the trillions and trillions of dollars.

Of course the separate events are interrelated, since Homeland devised the term "essential and non-essential worker" in 2018.

Thoughts?

https://brownstone.org/articles/four-years-ago-this-week-freedom-was-torched/

It’s a good question and worth a study. Several lessons in there. First, the dems all opposed the patriot act, even though now they proclaim the govt to be the high authority to be recognized because their president is in there. Many reps didn’t fight back against the COVID nonsense thinking it would be suicide to oppose them. Then there were those oh so very few who opposed or would have opposed both. Those are the people that understand how our constitutional republic was intended to operate.

My rep friends called me a trrrorist during post 9/11 as a spoke against bush and I no longer have any dem friends one by one as they discovered how I felt about the govt during COVID. I couldn’t stand W and despise Biden, because both believed in bigger, over-reaching, omnipotent government.

The takeaway is govt is bad and will grow if left unchecked. It will use fear, deception and force to broaden its tyranny and take our God given rights from all of us, regardless of party, and it’s an Equal Opportunity Oppressor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT