ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts and Questions on your america expereiencs

ugateke24

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2010
So, sitting here and trying to figure out what is going on in the world and why are so many people mentally ill, I was thinking about psychology and what is environmental factors might contribute to some of the crazy thought processes or views on this country.

Personally, i am 40 never seen anything racist from my friends, associates, neighbors or travels. I grew up idolizing Pele (soccer star for Brazil), pretending to be like Michael Jordan in the gatorade commercial and enjoying the way the 1992 Olympic Dream Team represented our country and how we are the freest country with so much opportunity. The place everyone wants to come to. My parents weren't rich but worked really hard to provide for our family and then donate time and efforts in church, soup kitchens, must ministries and Samaritans purse. In school was taught about MLK and what a great leader, man of god and civil rights leader he was.

So fast forward to my adult life the country elected a black president to consecutive terms. I am in a men's small group with many ethnicities and backgrounds for that matter regardless of color. We encourage and support one another, eat together and workout.

I don't have any "White Guilt" because i have never even looked at the color of someones skin until it's brought up. I just love someone for who they are inside.

My question to the chat who say racism is a huge problem is do you just live in racists areas? Grew up with Racists parents or what?

The cop thing doesn't fly for me because i have been treated what i consider unfairly by police. Now no matter how bad, unfair, rude or scary i thought a cop was the last thing i am doing is trying to run or not comply. I personally had to experiences where i was like that guy was a jerk. However, when you are getting pulled over for speeding or taillight out i'm not thinking I am going to prison for 40 years. Is it unfair because their upbringing didn't teach them to comply with government authority? I know NWA had that song "f..k the police" is that just how they see police? I think my song would be "Yes officer" lol.

The other thing that really is although i don't agree with being gay, tranny or whatever new woke terminology is out there i have never said well i hate that person. I don't believe in their lifestyle but never tried to shove mine down anyone's throat either.

There is this new word "nonbinary" which i don't even know what it means to be honest but these people are "coming out". It seems though a common theme is these people are looking for acceptance or approval.

Just seems there are alot of people mentally unhinged right now and i am wondering if their outlook on things and new crazy sexual orientations and identifications is a great sign of larger issues within their lifes?

No clue but the answer to a many of life’s problems for a lot of people is social media I’m convinced. We live quite literally in the best time to be alive in the history of the world yet some people are convinced it’s worse than the Middle Ages.

Last edited:
Well I have experienced racism, but not in a harmful way. We’d ask someone how far they had to chase the ——— to get those shoes. Boston Garden had a section known as ————- heaven. We were basically just a product of the streets and our parents 50 years ago. You seldom see even that kind today in the USA.

One word in your post drew my attention...Parent(s)... This implies your father was actively involved in a positive way as leader, protector, teacher in you and your family's life. This is HUGE problem in this country. Men don't know how to be men and certainly not Fathers and husbands. One of my favorite pastors online says it best... Wherever men have failed to step up and lead their families and communities, civilization crumbles and women and children take the brunt of it. You are seeing the chickens come home to roost now in this country. Most of this gender identity bull$hit is because kids have grown up rudderless because dads were non-existent or checked out. They are crying out for something they inherently need. The love of a true father.

No clue but the answer to a many of life’s problems for a lot of people is social media I’m convinced. We live quite literally in the best time to be alive in the history of the world yet some people are convinced it’s worse than the Middle Ages.
I would add the hours per day many spend with violent video games. You click the button, boom your problem is solved.

One word in your post drew my attention...Parent(s)... This implies your father was actively involved in a positive way as leader, protector, teacher in you and your family's life. This is HUGE problem in this country. Men don't know how to be men and certainly not Fathers and husbands. One of my favorite pastors online says it best... Wherever men have failed to step up and lead their families and communities, civilization crumbles and women and children take the brunt of it. You are seeing the chickens come home to roost now in this country. Most of this gender identity bull$hit is because kids have grown up rudderless because dads were non-existent or checked out. They are crying out for something they inherently need. The love of a true father.
Yeah i think you nailed it here actually. No father then Government stepping in the gap and saying its ok, do whatever you want if it is how you FEEL.

So, sitting here and trying to figure out what is going on in the world and why are so many people mentally ill, I was thinking about psychology and what is environmental factors might contribute to some of the crazy thought processes or views on this country.

Personally, i am 40 never seen anything racist from my friends, associates, neighbors or travels. I grew up idolizing Pele (soccer star for Brazil), pretending to be like Michael Jordan in the gatorade commercial and enjoying the way the 1992 Olympic Dream Team represented our country and how we are the freest country with so much opportunity. The place everyone wants to come to. My parents weren't rich but worked really hard to provide for our family and then donate time and efforts in church, soup kitchens, must ministries and Samaritans purse. In school was taught about MLK and what a great leader, man of god and civil rights leader he was.

So fast forward to my adult life the country elected a black president to consecutive terms. I am in a men's small group with many ethnicities and backgrounds for that matter regardless of color. We encourage and support one another, eat together and workout.

I don't have any "White Guilt" because i have never even looked at the color of someones skin until it's brought up. I just love someone for who they are inside.

My question to the chat who say racism is a huge problem is do you just live in racists areas? Grew up with Racists parents or what?

The cop thing doesn't fly for me because i have been treated what i consider unfairly by police. Now no matter how bad, unfair, rude or scary i thought a cop was the last thing i am doing is trying to run or not comply. I personally had to experiences where i was like that guy was a jerk. However, when you are getting pulled over for speeding or taillight out i'm not thinking I am going to prison for 40 years. Is it unfair because their upbringing didn't teach them to comply with government authority? I know NWA had that song "f..k the police" is that just how they see police? I think my song would be "Yes officer" lol.

The other thing that really is although i don't agree with being gay, tranny or whatever new woke terminology is out there i have never said well i hate that person. I don't believe in their lifestyle but never tried to shove mine down anyone's throat either.

There is this new word "nonbinary" which i don't even know what it means to be honest but these people are "coming out". It seems though a common theme is these people are looking for acceptance or approval.

Just seems there are alot of people mentally unhinged right now and i am wondering if their outlook on things and new crazy sexual orientations and identifications is a great sign of larger issues within their lifes?
After being on a Grand Jury in my N Georgia county I can tell you police are trained to stop people for taillights out and no seat belt. They say it is how they find the real law breakers. My brother-in-law cop agreed with that.

Most folks are not racist, however they are not looking at those who are. The small minority who are racist have become very loud in the last 5 years. From the early 1960's people were shamed for segregation and other racist views. I know I was there here in Georgia. What has changed is they now think it is okay or even cool to be anti everything.

I listened to Neil Boortz in the 1970's and later in the 1990's on. I listened to Rush , Hannity and others for many years. I believe now that they have TAUGHT so many of us to hate the government we pledge allegiance to.
Boortz etc have gone too far. Many of their listeners have too.
I would bet the 500 arrested for the January 6th insurrection listened to Rush etc.

What we need are better cults. Many of these woke leftists in the 60s and 70s joined cults and followed not politics but some fellow idiot around and chanted nice things. It let them be involved without harming anyone else. The biggest cult now is the Dem party but their leaders are evil and out to destroy this country, and their followers have become the most hateful people on earth.

What cult would some of the Woke dems on this board have joined in the 60s and 70s? (For clarification, Hare Krishna is an Indian religion, but in the 60s and 70s, it was like a cult to lost white doofus-types, so you can lump some in there).

After being on a Grand Jury in my N Georgia county I can tell you police are trained to stop people for taillights out and no seat belt. They say it is how they find the real law breakers. My brother-in-law cop agreed with that.

Most folks are not racist, however they are not looking at those who are. The small minority who are racist have become very loud in the last 5 years. From the early 1960's people were shamed for segregation and other racist views. I know I was there here in Georgia. What has changed is they now think it is okay or even cool to be anti everything.

I listened to Neil Boortz in the 1970's and later in the 1990's on. I listened to Rush , Hannity and others for many years. I believe now that they have TAUGHT so many of us to hate the government we pledge allegiance to.
I would bet the 500 arrested for the January 6th insurrection listened to Rush etc.
Last paragraph is Total BS

I think America is the greatest country in the world and come next month will end 24 years in the USAF. It's been a blast traveled all over the world and wouldn't change a thing. Saying that I grew up middle class black family in SOWEGA with a mother and father and can tell you I saw the racism and bigotry there first hand. Sure the overwhelming majority didn't have a bigoted bone in their body but there were a few unfortunate bad apples in positions of power that didn't help improve race relations for sure. And growing up as much as I loved my country (my family has a long history of military service going back to WWII) I never could rectify the love for the Confederacy in the south with a country that was supposed to stand for equal rights. From the old Georgia flag to confederate generals on the side of Stone Mountain, I always had a problem squaring what is supposed to be a free and just country with the hero worship of those that sought to destroy this country and continue enslavement of my ancestors. To see reminders of the Confederacy everywhere celebrated always left a bad taste in the mouths alot of black peoples and I truly feel has been a stumbling block to race relations in this country.

I think America is the greatest country in the world and come next month will end 24 years in the USAF. It's been a blast traveled all over the world and wouldn't change a thing. Saying that I grew up middle class black family in SOWEGA with a mother and father and can tell you I saw the racism and bigotry there first hand. Sure the overwhelming majority didn't have a bigoted bone in their body but there were a few unfortunate bad apples in positions of power that didn't help improve race relations for sure. And growing up as much as I loved my country (my family has a long history of military service going back to WWII) I never could rectify the love for the Confederacy in the south with a country that was supposed to stand for equal rights. From the old Georgia flag to confederate generals on the side of Stone Mountain, I always had a problem squaring what is supposed to be a free and just country with the hero worship of those that sought to destroy this country and continue enslavement of my ancestors. To see reminders of the Confederacy everywhere celebrated always left a bad taste in the mouths alot of black peoples and I truly feel has been a stumbling block to race relations in this country.
“Racism” has become a tool to gain power.

I understand why you feel that way and appreciate you sharing. I’ve tried to put myself in your position and contemplate how I would feel. No doubt I would have similar struggles squaring the things you mention. Thank you and your family for your service.

Nice post. I guess I never paid much attention to Confederate stuff. I don’t come from slave owners. I come from people who came over as indentured servants. My grandparents were subsistence farmers in Mississippi and had two black families who lived and farmed on their 110 acres of rough land. They all got along well and helped each other out. I have no understanding of why somebody would drive around in a pickup with a Confederate flag. It sounds like you’ve done well. Try not to pay too much attention to old history. The vast majority of us today are not those people.

The problem with destroying history is it condemns you to repeat it. Additionally, it creates the problem of deciding what to destroy. When you get to the point where even statues of Lincoln are defaced or destroyed, you have an out of control problem.

Our country has a history. Some of it is complicated. But we are by far the greatest idea the world will ever know. Don’t screw it up by dividing us by race and tribe.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
The problem with destroying history is it condemns you to repeat it. Additionally, it creates the problem of deciding what to destroy. When you get to the point where even statues of Lincoln are defaced or destroyed, you have an out of control problem.

Our country has a history. Some of it is complicated. But we are by far the greatest idea the world will ever know. Don’t screw it up by dividing us by race and tribe.
I'm not about destroying history but I'm also not about continued worship of a rebellion that sought the continued enslavement of my ancestors. Also the overwhelming majority of the confederate monuments and of symbols were purposely injected into southern public light in direct opposition to civil rights movements. The intent to intimidate not educate. So that sin of dividing our country along racial or tribal lines started long before you or I walked this Earth and our country needs to deal with its tragic history on race. Take down those monuments and statues and put them in a museum if you must. I for sure don't want to erase the horror of the Confederacy but I do want them taught in the proper context. They were rebellious traitors that wanted an end to the idea of a just and equal America and to continue slavery. They deserve no special honor or recognition or hero worship.

Last edited:
Reactions: mitchelldawg
I'm not about destroying history but I'm also not about continued worship of a rebellion that sought the continued enslavement of my ancestors. Also the overwhelming majority of the confederate monuments and of symbols were purposely injected into southern public light in direct opposition to civil rights movements. The intent to intimidate not educate. So that sin of dividing our country along racial or tribal lines started long before you or I walked this Earth and our country needs to deal with its tragic history on race. Talk down those monuments and statues and put them in a museum if you must. I for sure don't want to erase the horror of the Confederacy but I do want them taught in the proper context. They were a rebellious fa turn that wanted an end to the idea of a just and equal America and to continue slavery. They deserve no special honor or recognition or hero worship.
So, you support removing confederate monuments. I get that, and I’m cool with your opinion. How do you feel about removing Lincoln, Washington and Teddy Roosevelt? Kneeling for the anthem? Replacing the US flag? CRT? Affirmative action? I just want to know where your line is.

It’s very complicated. Removing statues is symbolic, but not much more absent a genuine effort on both sides to address and acknowledge realities (I’m Jewish - I certainly understand Nazi tyranny). A lot of our founders had slaves. That was hundreds of years ago, but my family didn’t arrive until the 1890s. And as Thomas Sowell has pointed out, there were more white slaves worldwide than black. The majority of slave traders were black. Slavery can never be defended. But we’ve got to be careful not to completely sanitize the world lest we lose sight because the real danger is misinformation and disinformation once you move decades into the future. Look no further than the Holocaust deniers of today as well as the propaganda promoted by the far left members of the current US Congress regarding the Palestinians. It’s all bullshit. It’s not about statues. It’s about information and the hearts and minds.

But, I’ll grant you that statues of Confederate generals should probably be removed. But, we cannot get to the point where they cannot even be discussed without being accused of being a slave owner sympathizer or a racist.

Last edited:
So, you support removing confederate monuments. I get that, and I’m cool with your opinion. How do you feel about removing Lincoln, Washington and Teddy Roosevelt? Kneeling for the anthem? Replacing the US flag? CRT? Affirmative action? I just want to know where your line is.

It’s complicated. A lot of our founders had slaves. That was hundreds of years ago. And as Thomas Sowell has pointed out, there were more white slaves worldwide than black. The majority of slave traders were black. Slavery can never be sefwns
First will start with last comment, not sure what the rest of the world has to do with American history and our struggle with race. That has no barring on American history, American law and American institutions struggle with race. I'm not trying to make the point that black people are better than white people or that white people are somehow inherently racist because of race so your last paragraph means nothing in this discussion.

As for statues of Lincoln, Washington and Teddy no they shouldn't have been pulled down because they weren't confederates.

Kneeling for the National Anthem, I wouldn't do it and don't like it but it's someone's form of peaceful protest

Affirmative Action was a good start to try and correct 300 years of enslavery and institutional racism. That said I think it should move from race and instead be based on income to try and address thr issue of growing income inequality in this country.

As far as CRT I could care less about, what I do care about is addressing some of the historical racism that has been encoded in some (not all) American laws and institutions. I'm not saying white people need to pay for what they did to my people but a real examination of ingrained racism in some of our laws and practices. Laws and practices that were born out of more than 300 years of the 400 years since the first slaves landed in Fort Monroe VA.

First will start with last comment, not sure what the rest of the world has to do with American history and our struggle with race. That has no barring on American history, American law and American institutions struggle with race. I'm not trying to make the point that black people are better than white people or that white people are somehow inherently racist because of race so your last paragraph means nothing in this discussion.

As for statues of Lincoln, Washington and Teddy no they shouldn't have been pulled down because they weren't confederates.

Kneeling for the National Anthem, I wouldn't do it and don't like it but it's someone's form of peaceful protest

Affirmative Action was a good start to try and correct 300 years of enslavery and institutional racism. That said I think it should move from race and instead be based on income to try and address thr issue of growing income inequality in this country.

As far as CRT I could care less about, what I do care about is addressing some of the historical racism that has been encoded in some (not all) American laws and institutions. I'm not saying white people need to pay for what they did to my people but a real examination of ingrained racism in some of our laws and practices. Laws and practices that were born out of more than 300 years of the 400 years since the first slaves landed in Fort Monroe VA.
You and I are not that far apart, which is what I suspect is true for the overwhelming majority of the country (to the chagrin of pols and the MSM). Where we differ is I don’t believe the US is systematically racist. Unfortunately, that’s a gap that cannot be bridged.

Reactions: shonuff253

The university of Georgia is teaching awful things. My recent experience. My daughter showed me two videos she was assigned to critique. All with major racial tones. It is like a setup. I can’t believe people actually believe this stuff. I was physically ill after watching it. Knowing that she had to breakdown this video and couldn’t use a common sense standard of thinking. I will not link it. It is called “bowling for Columbine.” Democrat or republican. Please watch this and let me know if you are ok with your kid having to break this down.

You and I are not that far apart, which is what I suspect is true for the overwhelming majority of the country (to the chagrin of pols and the MSM). Where we differ is I don’t believe the US is systematically racist. Unfortunately, that’s a gap that cannot be bridged.
Honestly I don't think we're that far apart as well. Also I don't think our country is still systematically racist and anyone that thinks so is full of shit. I do believe there are still vestiges of a racist American in certain institutions.....perfect example I'll give is housing. It has been shown that homes own buy African Americans are routinely undervalued to similarly owned white homes. My current girlfriend (who is white) was told to take down pictures of her ex husband (who was black) before the appraisal and during showings. For decades African Americans were locked out of loans for homes, small business and farmers that their white counterparts had full access to and thjs was backed by US government agency policies. Sentence reform was only recently passed 2 years ago. So yes America has made amazing strides but there is still work to do and can easily be fixed if we just talk and communicate.

Honestly I don't think we're that far apart as well. Also I don't think our country is still systematically racist and anyone that thinks so is full of shit. I do believe there are still vestiges of a racist American in certain institutions.....perfect example I'll give is housing. It has been shown that homes own buy African Americans are routinely undervalued to similarly owned white homes. My current girlfriend (who is white) was told to take down pictures of her ex husband (who was black) before the appraisal and during showings. For decades African Americans were locked out of loans for homes, small business and farmers that their white counterparts had full access to and thjs was backed by US government agency policies. Sentence reform was only recently passed 2 years ago. So yes America has made amazing strides but there is still work to do and can easily be fixed if we just talk and communicate.
The world will never be rid of aholes. Utopia does not exist, but the US is the closest the world will ever get to it. I’m a disciple of MLK’s thinking. I judge (if that’s fair) based on character. The fact that the Left and MSM are so comfortable trying to divide us by race and tribe is disconcerting and un-American.

With the exception of Boortz who I actually liked about half of the time, I agree with you, but would say that pollution is currently more than matched by the Joy Reid's of the left. Ten years ago there was not the Joy Reids, Jake Tappers and Don Lemons on the air "normalizing" extreme left wing views, today they overwhelm the right.

I remember a preacher saying the same thing back in the 1960's.
The sky is still falling; nothing changed.

With the exception of Boortz who I actually liked about half of the time, I agree with you, but would say that pollution is currently more than matched by the Joy Reid's of the left. Ten years ago there was not the Joy Reids, Jake Tappers and Don Lemons on the air "normalizing" extreme left wing views, today they overwhelm the right.
I watch MSNBC. They do normalize left wing views. However they do not push views that would lead people to overturn an election or the Constitutional transfer of power.

Reactions: HotRod99
ADVERTISEMENT